Re: Gary Moore on Bonamassa

If it's an exact quote, it's an exact quote. It's up to the person asking the question to just spout something off or try and choose their words a little more carefully. And as far as his talent, talent has nothing to do with it.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

56 (edited by bigjeffjones 2009-01-02 18:51:27)

Keith wrote:
Curby wrote:

This is what I think about the overblown interview:
1. I believe the interviewer probably exaggerated Gary's response to his flaming question.
2. If there was a negative response by GM, I think I'll sympathize to some degree his annoyance being asked the question in the first place.
3. Quit bashing the guy.  He deserves a little more respect and, yeah, he's a pretty darn good guitarist.
4. It seems Joe has taken the high road in this matter and others should follow suit.
5. I happen to think his new album is pretty good and don't care if he's using someone else's style.

Okay, I'll bite here...as a journalist, it amazes me when something comes out that doesn't put someone in their best light, that immediately they were  "misquoted, or "taken out of context".:rolleyes: They either said it or they didn't, and if they did, they have to let the chips fall where they may.  As for the question, it's a perfectly legitimate one to be asking, as Joe is quickly rising to the top of the guitar world, and would be a natural one to ask given the situation. How Gary chose to answer it is his issue, not the journalist. Definitely not questioning his legitimacy as a guitarist. Gary has proven what a great talent he can be, given the right circumstances and inspiration. He will always have my respect in that regard.

I howled when some prim little sweetie asked Jimmy Page what he thought of the Beatles, in NY many years ago.  He just smiled and said I think they're great.  Poor Plant near choked on his cigarette.

Oh off topic.  Keith, you are right, as a journalist of course.  Joe has already had the final word on the subject.  They be's buds.  big_smile

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

I think the controversy if there is any is the fact that Gary spoke his mind. As a bloak that has been around the block a time or two he is certainly entitled to his opinion. I have my own opinions as do all of us and I don't think Gary realy cares at this point in his career. We all take from his comments something different. Joe obviously wasn't bothered by them.

I know if Joe were asked about someone he would be much more diplomatic in his reply. In another 30 years who knows he might rag on some upstart guitar blues shreader that hasn't even been born yet. Getting mentioned in the interview was pretty cool. I don't think anybody is going to sell their RAH because Gary thinks Joe is a bit hyped.

I think everyone has had their say on the matter even Joe chimed in. Proved a very popular thread but I think it is time to move on.