Topic: Unhappy with Amp ??

Hi All

Saw at the Sheffield gig at the end that Joe wasn't happy with an amp. I think lip reading he said to the techy guy that he wanted him to it leave it where it was as he wanted to apply a foot to it to extract the brown stuff from its inner workings (I paraphrase in a less colouful language).

It sounded OK to me. Wonder what the problem was ??............ or maybe my lip reading isn't up to much.

If he doesn't want it I know a guy typing now who would have it smile

Re: Unhappy with Amp ??

Joe is very exacting. I've been around numerous times when he was frustrated with an amp or other piece of gear and honestly I could not tell there was a problem. He wants it to do what he wants it to do. His persuit of excellence is one of the qualities that sets him apart from the others....

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Ges wrote:

Hi All

Saw at the Sheffield gig at the end that Joe wasn't happy with an amp. I think lip reading he said to the techy guy that he wanted him to it leave it where it was as he wanted to apply a foot to it to extract the brown stuff from its inner workings (I paraphrase in a less colouful language).

It sounded OK to me. Wonder what the problem was ??............ or maybe my lip reading isn't up to much.

If he doesn't want it I know a guy typing now who would have it smile

Do you know which amp is was?

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Sometimes when you re-tube an amp, or as the tubes wear, certain tone characteristics change a lot. It's frustrating to set an amp a certain way, and realize it's too muddy (or bright) with certain effects, pickups, etc.

Sorry kwsjb no idea I'm afraid which amp it was.
My offer still stands to take it home though wink
I've just bought a new VOX AD100VT a few days ago and that looks like it's going to be a good 'un.

I can understand being upset about an amp but at some point you have to just go with the flow