Re: Playing stereo verses mono how about some input from JB

Im not saying Im right or wrong.. In my experience the hemp based product is better for quilts and rope than for speakers.. thats all.. Warren has killer tone and would sound the same through a solid state amp.,..Its in his hands really.. If he likes them thats great.. I know Carlos Santana uses them too.   I might be in the way minority.. but on this forum I alway give my frank and honest opinion.  Im not right all the time but I will say this my 100 watt amps burned the hempcones up in about 15 mins.. granted I was using two instead of four but it didnt take long.. They are a lot of money so if it helps people narrow down their options I ve done my good deed for the day..
Joe B

Joe thank you for your description, I will do that with the VK done, by the way did you ever plug the Tele I made you into the rig? Gregg Allman just bought a 56 strat 2 tone I made for him, (awesome) and he ordered a Tele (One he said Duane had in the 60's) so I am at work on that one now, I would love to build you your dream guitar if you'd have me do it!
sincerely, Brian RnB Custom Guitars

Yes exactly. I think for the higher watt amps the hemp cone speaker are no good choice
because of what Joe stated. I luckily didn't burn them up but the sound became undefined in
the low end. No punch. So for those 100w amps I prefer other speakers like the EVs or G12H-65. But in a Vox AC-30 or a Dr. Z prescription I found them amazing sounding. Also in a Marshall 1974x clone I liked them a lot.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de