http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13363

and again right now!

FANTASTIC!!!
Black Rock ON the Radio, Black Rock Replaying ON the Radio & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: When you hear Joe playing on the radio

My wife was in one of the local grocery store chains (Dominick's for the local people) a few weeks ago and said she heard If Heartaches were Nickels playing over the store's music system, which is amazing to me (usually they seem to play muzak).

That's pretty awesome.

The only time I'd hear Joe on the radio is if he's on Smokestack Lightnin' (89.9 WUCF-Orlando, Saturday nights from 8pm-11pm).

Great that Joe is finally getting some decent exposure on the radio and TV in the Big Country, Jane. smile Joe is played so often on Planet Rock nowadays that I think we're getting a bit blasé about it in the Old Country.

Last night Nicky Horne played Too Much Ain't Enough Love followed by the competition related Slow Train. I didn't hear it myself, but Mrs W tells me that the competition question immediately after Slow Train was "on which of Joe's CDs is Slow Train the opening track?" Possible answers were (a) Blues Deluxe or (b) Black Rock. Eh ????????????????????????????????????????

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

Great that Joe is finally getting some decent exposure on the radio and TV in the Big Country, Jane. smile Joe is played so often on Planet Rock nowadays that I think we're getting a bit blasé about it in the Old Country.

Last night Nicky Horne played Too Much Ain't Enough Love followed by the competition related Slow Train. I didn't hear it myself, but Mrs W tells me that the competition question immediately after Slow Train was "on which of Joe's CDs is Slow Train the opening track?"[ Possible answers were (a) Blues Deluxe or (b) Black Rock. Eh ????????????????????????????????????????]

Phil

On-line,the first choice was Dust Bowl....:)

Come on you Blades!

I was a a restaurant which had a deck bar on its roof in Narragansett RI...right on the coast over looking the ocean...and whatever station they were playing, the first song I heard when we got seated was Driving Towards Daylight....I was psyched!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:

I was a a restaurant which had a deck bar on its roof in Narragansett RI...right on the coast over looking the ocean...and whatever station they were playing, the first song I heard when we got seated was Driving Towards Daylight....I was psyched!!!

Love the avatar photo. Black and white always add to the effect.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Les Paul - we live in SE Connecticut - Narragansett is one of those places we love to visit. So crazy in the summer though. RI does have a rock station who plays some newer material. I do not know if Boston stations reach that far but some Beantown stations  have been known to be" Joe friendly". The Joy of living in New England...stations everywhere!

Jane H. wrote:

fwiw its not one of the more mainstream stations, they are an independent but the only so far to play Joe. I can't take their format all the time but do support them as much as possible when i can and am grateful they do play Joe even if not his most rockin stuff but thats another story....
I still think their listeners would dig Song of Yesterday and such.

anyway it doesn't stop me from requesting a the bigger stations too

Hi Jane
What guitar is that in your picture?

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

fwiw its not one of the more mainstream stations, they are an independent but the only so far to play Joe. I can't take their format all the time but do support them as much as possible when i can and am grateful they do play Joe even if not his most rockin stuff but thats another story....
I still think their listeners would dig Song of Yesterday and such.

anyway it doesn't stop me from requesting a the bigger stations too

Hi Jane
What guitar is that in your picture?

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 15#p244215

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Thanks PSmith....

Rhoovis, that is so true....Do you get WZLX out of Boston...Sunday Morning Blues is very very kind to Joe...Love that show...

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

I'm pleased this thread has proved such a good gauge of Joe's increasing popularity. As I mentioned above, Joe's music is played so frequently on Planet Rock that it's no longer news. Having said that, I did hear Around The Bend on PR last weekend on the Listomania spot. That was probably a first for that number and it was great to hear it. Even though I can listen to any of Joe's catalogue any time I like, I just have to stop whatever I'm doing when I hear Joe on the radio and turn up the volume. I think about all the other listeners also hearing the song, maybe for the first time and getting a kick too. Makes me smile smile

Good to see that more are becoming aware of Joe's music with I Got All You Need making the Radio2 playlist. However, as we've all found out when trying to buy show tickets recently, it's a two edged sword. hmm

Onwards and upwards. big_smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Great point Wooders!! On the one hand it's great to see Joe getting the kind of coverage his talent/work ethic/decency deserves. On the other hand it will only get harder to get a ticket for shows in the future! Still, Joe is an incredible talent and I love the fact that more people are discovering his music. I only really discovered Joe at the High Voltage festival two years ago, but I'm grateful for that!

It’s been a long time since anyone posted on this thread but I’m sure we’re all hearing Joe on the radio a lot more frequently than when I started it. Joe’s lively version of As The Crow Flies from TBOJH was played on last night’s Blues Power show on Planet Rock. It was in good company with tracks from ABB (Done Somebody Wrong), Mule (Mr High & Mighty), Jeff Healey (See The Light), Jimi (Red House), EC (Motherless Children), Zep (Celebration Day), Etta James, Black Keys etc.

I only found out that PR had a Blues show recently when they started repeating the broadcast from midnight UK time on Saturday nights. Sadly it’s only on for one hour but well worth listening to if you have the time. It does lean heavily to Blues Rock, which is what you’d probably expect for a classic rock station, but it’s also great for fans of the genre, particularly Joe’s fans.

In the UK the times to tune into Planet Rock for the show are midnight on Saturday and 7.00pm on the following Thursday for the repeat. Add one hour for CET.

As midnight in the UK is early evening in the US our American cousins can the show at 7.00pm on Saturday evening on the East coast, 6.00pm in the Midwest and 4.00pm Rick and Rocket time.

Failing that, in the UK you may be able to listen on the Planet Rock Listen Again feature, but I’m having trouble getting it to work from my office pc which may be due to the firewall. I also recall that it may not be available to those across the pond.

Or listen live at the Planet Rock Home Page

Enjoy and post here if you hear Joe on the radio.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

for what I get on the radio, anywhere, if Joe comes on then will assume that hell has indeed frozen over. I know he's getting more exposure and that's great, it's just not happening where I am. My solution is to take a CD to work or get home and put on the special PS3 playlist, nuttin but JOE! problem solved.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Meant to look for this thread a while back, but better late than never.

This past Christmas morning I gathered up my daughter and we were headed to my sisters house for the day.  I keep my vehicle in my garage where I have a radio on all the time.  The moment I entered I heard Christmas music, of course, but I was stopped in my tracks when I realized it was Joe's new one! 

When you hear one of your favourite artists on your favourite station for the first time on Christmas morning...great start to a great day.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

ahsmith33 wrote:

nuttin but JOE!

A big +1 !

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

MINI_Zoso wrote:

When you hear one of your favourite artists on your favourite station for the first time on Christmas morning...great start to a great day.

Aww man! That would have made my day too!

A Seattle station plays Joe often. There is a blues radio program on the weekends called All Blues with John Kessler. www.kplu.org

Last week it was Stones in my Passway and a couple weeks ago they played Lonesome Road Blues.

I had a nice surprise when I turned on Planet Rock yesterday lunchtime and Joe and Beth Hart's I'll Take Care Of You was playing. I think that might be first time I've heard that track on the radio. smile

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis