Re: When you hear Joe playing on the radio

Wooders wrote:

I'm afraid it was my wife who heard the track played on David Jensen's show, not me. She's notoriously unreliable when it comes to naming Joe's stuff she's heard on the radio. The brainwashing is clearly not working.  lol
Phil

Sorry, Jane. She's also hopelessly unreliable at paying attention to the name of the DJ too!  lol

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

38 (edited by Jane H. 2010-03-10 19:29:54)

it's all good. i am extremely appreciative for the clues, cause i was able to find it pretty easy and got to listen to it again.
great song'
but i can't wait for the cd to hear some of the more rockin ones again.

i think they will play a bluesy one on the station here that plays Joe. that ad i mentioned last week turned out to be just for their weekly blues hour or whatever it is. i like Joe's blues but not everyones....

so desperate for rockers locally to hear something rockin of Joe's

Cruising down the road from Elk on the Mendocino, Ca. coast. One FM station from Ft. Bragg was all there was. So far in the hinterland that cell phone was a rumor. What comes on the radio to our amazement?!!!!!! And now, from his new album "Black Rock" Joe Bonamassa with BB King doing "Night Life". There is hope folks!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

40 (edited by Rocket 2010-03-13 17:16:15)

RickB wrote:

Cruising down the road from Elk on the Mendocino, Ca. coast. One FM station from Ft. Bragg was all there was. So far in the hinterland that cell phone was a rumor. What comes on the radio to our amazement?!!!!!! And now, from his new album "Black Rock" Joe Bonamassa with BB King doing "Night Life". There is hope folks!
Rick

Hinterland?  That's some nice territory that does indeed have cell service.  Never came across elk in Elk (saw some in little groups of 2-4 in nearby areas), but I once saw a very big herd crossing north at Ferndale.

I happen to know people in Fort Bragg who aren't going to brag they got Joe's new album, but are certainly wiling (sic) to share the music.  Also peeps in Fortuna, Arcata (great town), & Ukiah... Glad you got the broadcast.  Lots of good music people up there.  Yes I know how to get to Bonnie Raitt's house...Never met her but my friend did, in Mendocino.

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

Rick

Hinterland?  That's some nice territory that does indeed have cell service.  Never came across elk in Elk (saw some in little groups of 2-4 in nearby areas), but I once saw a very big herd crossing north at Ferndale.

I happen to know people in Fort Bragg who aren't going to brag they got Joe's new album, but are certainly wiling (sic) to share the music.  Also peeps in Fortuna, Arcata (great town), & Ukiah... Glad you got the broadcast.  Lots of good music people up there.  Yes I know how to get to Bonnie Raitt's house...Never met her but my friend did, in Mendocino.

Rocket

I am sure there is some cell service there, just not my carrier. Beautiful country, some of the most unspoiled territory left in the West. The DJ also gave Joe a mention with respect to the Clapton gig in Chicago.
Was the (sic) a Boontling reference Rocket?

Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

Rick

Rocket

I am sure there is some cell service there, just not my carrier. Beautiful country, some of the most unspoiled territory left in the West. The DJ also gave Joe a mention with respect to the Clapton gig in Chicago.
Was the (sic) a Boontling reference Rocket?

Rick

I am not that learned in the Boontling stranguage my friend. It is just per my usual habit of making up words. Wiling, as in wily to get dat musick on the radio!

Black Rock ON the Radio Keeps Faith Growing Like Redwoods,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

India/Mountain Time from LFNIP on Planet Rock at 6.35am today. They seem to play be playing this quite often nowadays.  big_smile  As I'd been up with a migraine since 4.30 it cheered me up no end.

Joe Bonamassa, safer than a pill but at least as addictive.  wink

Phil
PS Feeling a bit better now, thanks.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Today's dose of Joe on Planet Rock (while I was listening) was:

Story of a Quarryman on David Jensen's show (it really was this time, Jane  big_smile )

Sloe Gin on The Chain this evening. The link with the previous track was that Joe played at the Cornbury Festival the year that Peter Green played there (the track was Green Manalishi) and the next track was Bat Out of Hell as Sloe Gin was written by Tim Curry who was in the Rocky Horror Show, as was M Loaf. Clever stuff.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

How’s this for a weird way to hear Joe on the radio.

Last night I was listening to the Manchester Utd v Munich Champions League game on BBC Radio 5Live on 909m AM. If you listen to AM (or medium wave if you’re old fashioned like me lol ) you’ll know that in the evening there is often a lot of RF breakthrough from other radio stations on nearby frequencies that creates interference. During the after match discussions I could hear something familiar in the background, but I wasn’t sure. So I twisted the radio this way and that and tried to retune the dial without making it any clearer. Then suddenly through the ether I could hear ‘Steal Your Heart Away’. I suspect it may have been broadcast by a Dutch or German radio but certainly it put a big smile on my face.

The Moral of the story? Keep your ears open - you never know where or when you’ll hear Joe next.  big_smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Quarryman's Lament on WTMD!!!!!

and they also have played Blue and Evil as i noted in another thread
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13363

Jane H. wrote:

and again right now!

Jane H. wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

and again right now!

FANTASTIC!!!
Black Rock ON the Radio, Black Rock Replaying ON the Radio & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

49 (edited by Jane H. 2010-05-18 18:19:37)

The Ballad of John Henry right now on WTMD  89.7 FM Towson,MD www.wtmd.org
Killer Song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now followed by Jimi If 6 Were 9. that's cool. i gotta see which dj this is. last week they played some songs that i really didn't care for. when i heard them play TBOJH at first all i could think was what else gets played around it, i wish this was the 'rock' station. I appreciate WTMD in many ways and mostly because they play Joe but when i heard that intro to TBOJH I just really longed for other rock lovers to be hearing it at the same time. ramble....mumble

Got Dust Bowl on WTMD Towson MD right now
THANK GOODNESS.
i have been so pleased to hear Well, Well by Hart/Bonamassa on that station but once a day when there is so mucvh else, had me worried a bit. they were playing other ones by other artists once a day for a few weeks too so it seemed like a hit station almost but not totally.
Glad to hear Dust Bowl today!!!

51 (edited by Jane H. 2012-05-22 16:18:58)

Heard Dust bowl on WTMD yesterday
today is new music Tuesday and record and tape traders donated at least one copy of DTTD to WTMD listeners right before they played Stones in my Passway - noting it was one of the shortest on the disc - radio friendly

now they are playing Lonely Town Lonely Street

woohooo

REQUEST
REQUEST
REQUEST
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE

My wife was in one of the local grocery store chains (Dominick's for the local people) a few weeks ago and said she heard If Heartaches were Nickels playing over the store's music system, which is amazing to me (usually they seem to play muzak).

That's pretty awesome.

The only time I'd hear Joe on the radio is if he's on Smokestack Lightnin' (89.9 WUCF-Orlando, Saturday nights from 8pm-11pm).

Great that Joe is finally getting some decent exposure on the radio and TV in the Big Country, Jane. smile Joe is played so often on Planet Rock nowadays that I think we're getting a bit blasé about it in the Old Country.

Last night Nicky Horne played Too Much Ain't Enough Love followed by the competition related Slow Train. I didn't hear it myself, but Mrs W tells me that the competition question immediately after Slow Train was "on which of Joe's CDs is Slow Train the opening track?" Possible answers were (a) Blues Deluxe or (b) Black Rock. Eh ????????????????????????????????????????

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

fwiw its not one of the more mainstream stations, they are an independent but the only so far to play Joe. I can't take their format all the time but do support them as much as possible when i can and am grateful they do play Joe even if not his most rockin stuff but thats another story....
I still think their listeners would dig Song of Yesterday and such.

anyway it doesn't stop me from requesting a the bigger stations too