Re: OFFICIAL Release date "The Ballad of John Henry"

I got a call at my daughters house today...."Dave, Joe Bonamassa sent you something in the mail"......huh??...."open it up!!"....."you got 2 cds in here"...."NO SH*T!!!!!!!.....I just got in the door, think I'll open one of them bad boys in the morning, I'll be busting an ear drum on the way to work smile

Thanks Joe cool

My 10 CD's arrived yesterday...Can't wait to get home and sort out who gets the "presents" and start listening the what appears to be the best Joe B. music yet...

The Other Joe B./Bizzer

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and, I'm feelin good

I wont post a review until others get the chance to hear it....but I will say that the first listen through blew me away...yes, it's that good!!!!

Shred

Awesome new disc! I like it a lot!
Can't wait the day Joe play in Argentina! It'd be great! big_smile

It seems like its been up on Mininova already since 2/21/09

Peace
Bluezman

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

Shredit wrote:

I wont post a review until others get the chance to hear it....but I will say that the first listen through blew me away...yes, it's that good!!!!

Shred

I couldn't agree more, it's a fantastic album big_smile

Just bought tickets to see him Wolverhampton, so don't have to wait til the 4th May to see him (although no doubt it will be the most amazing gig ever at the RAH big_smile )

Fiona.

Live Your Life Like A Rock N Roll Rebel

Jane H. wrote:
malki wrote:

Does anyone know if TBOJH will be available on Amie Street? That's the best place for music for distant folks like me so I don't have to hassle with all the add-ons for shipping, duties, etc.  Physical CDs are almost double the cost by the time they get to me. I will give an arm and a leg for this album but I really would prefer not to...

Hello, i am not sure where you are located but if it is somewhere that US Mail gets to , i would be happy to send one your way at my cost. I have some on the way but will be stopping by the store tomorrow if they aren't in my mailbox tonite when i get home.
you can check the postal rates http://www.usps.com/ from zip code 21234
just email me if you want to discuss this further i would love to hear about TBOJH from all the corners of the Earth

No one around where I (temporarily -> ) live has it.  I'm going to look on iTunes and see if it's there....

Shredit wrote:

Shred

well ts out shreddy what do you think????????

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

I just bought the album off iTunes yesterday, and the last song, Chains and Things, has a really noticeable crackle / pop in the recording... and it really wrecks the song. iTunes needs to make things right, or Joe needs to get on them to fix this. otherwise, I love this album, and I think it's Joe and Kevin's best work to date.

- Paul

G&L ASAT Classic Semi Hollow -> Ernie VP -> Boss TU-2 -> Ernie Wah -> catalinbread super chilli picoso -> Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET -> Fulltone OCD -> Empress Tremolo -> Line 6 DL4 -> Diamond memory Lane 2 -> EH Holy Grail -> Traynot YCV50

les_paul70 wrote:

I just bought the album off iTunes yesterday, and the last song, Chains and Things, has a really noticeable crackle / pop in the recording... and it really wrecks the song. iTunes needs to make things right, or Joe needs to get on them to fix this. otherwise, I love this album, and I think it's Joe and Kevin's best work to date.

- Paul

Inoticed that too. I will inquire about it.

We have been starved for new music in the mid-west for a long time.  The new Bonamassa was greatly anticiapted for months and it doesn't disappoint. 

I love to debut new music in the car.  No one to tell you to turn it down and "The Ballad of John Henry" sounds great played really loud!  The more you listen to it, the more it grows on you, the better it sounds. 

Joe makes his annual visit to Columbus, OH this Sunday, 3/01/09 at a quaint little club on the OSU campus called the Newport - only holds around four hundred. 

Can't wait. 

Joe - thanks a million for filling our music void.

I jsut got mine and boy has he surpassed himself:D:D:D:D

Funkier than a mossies tweeter:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joe you are the King

millster

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

We got ours on Monday and it's an absolute gem!!!

AMAZING. Another work of art, Joe. I think it's a new genre... "Epic Blues." big_smile Seriously, that's what I thought when I first heard it. All the songs have a quality of "epicness" to them. And "Happier Times" and "The Great Flood"... they're helping me heal from a breakup of my own. For that I want to give you a forum hug: *hug* wink Once again, great job Joe and Co.
P.S. I want to hear the French version of "Feelin' Good"! Je parle francais et je veux ecouter la ... version... francaise! tongue

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

51 (edited by Nige 2009-02-27 16:57:34)

Couldn't get my hands on John Henry until today. Listening to the whole thing from beginning to End [at volume] and have to say, I've not heard anything which grooves like this, since Physical Graffiti was released back in '75 ... it's been a long wait, but well worth it!

It'll be stuck in the CD player for a long time to come.

Roll on May 4th

52 (edited by SoitsLikeThis 2009-03-13 03:10:34)

I just got The Ballad Of John Henry (from Joe's store) in the mail today. This is another great album by Joe, he just keeps growing. I am on my second listen as I write this and am loving every bit of it, nothing resembling a weak track on it.
I know that there are still those who are loyal to the older stuff and the old band but let me tell you, Joe is better now, and his band is better than it ever was.
I was also reflecting on how prolific he is, he just keeps on churning out the albums, and they are all high quality.

Jane H. wrote:
malki wrote:

Does anyone know if TBOJH will be available on Amie Street? That's the best place for music for distant folks like me so I don't have to hassle with all the add-ons for shipping, duties, etc.  Physical CDs are almost double the cost by the time they get to me. I will give an arm and a leg for this album but I really would prefer not to...

Hello, i am not sure where you are located but if it is somewhere that US Mail gets to , i would be happy to send one your way at my cost. I have some on the way but will be stopping by the store tomorrow if they aren't in my mailbox tonite when i get home.
you can check the postal rates http://www.usps.com/ from zip code 21234
just email me if you want to discuss this further i would love to hear about TBOJH from all the corners of the Earth

Thanks Jane, I can use a US mailbox and then courier to get to Trinidad & Tobago but the courier charges are a lot so I'd really prefer to download. I think I'll wait a bit and see. At least I get to hear it on the mailout link in the meantime! It's so good though, my self control is fading fast....

Hi there...

haven't posted in quite a while... obviously haven't a lot say... wink

BUT... this I have to say... TBOJohn Henry is one of the greatest CDs I have bought in recent days... it's everywhere around me... on the PC, the car, at work... currently I am listining to it on my stereo-set at home... big_smile
...and one of the very few records nowadays where I have read the entire notes and text in the booklet... which, BTW, is very tastefully made and attractive to look at... my respect and compliments to the Joe for the entire package... and a big THANK YOU... smile 

I had to say this... now I'll shut my mouth and continue to listen to it...:cool:

Cheers

PIT... smile