Re: Royal Albert Hall ..... ( Roll Call )

I just started the motor tonight....next is first gear....***where my Bonamassa arsenal of tunes?...here we go...."Your Funeral My Trial"...turned to 11!!***....I feel somethings about to bust loose....hmmm, maybe wink.....lets see...Visa, American Express, lots of Benjamins..oops, go to exchange that money....

"Everybody rocknroll the place"....Eddie Mahoney..errr Money

Shred

Now I'm wondering if I'm the ONLY person from California going to represent....geez, come on you people....remember what "The Iceman" used to sing...CHARGE IT!!...thats Albert Collins if you didnt know who I'm talkin bout....anyhow, how many stateside people are crossing the pond?...were going to die someday, leave your legacy somewhere

Shred

I´m coming with + 3 ... wink

We´ll have to make a new list as soon as everyone has confirmed that they´re coming. So who´s still missing? I´m sure there´s a lot more of you "RAH-goers" out there ...

Eva

Hi guys me and my brother will be there, just managed to get tickets today, I was away when the tickets went on sale and I have just managed today to get to the PC!! we are up in W section but hey.... we will be there!! just got to sort the Bed and Breakfast now!!........Kev R

Let there be drums......and there was drums

eva wrote:

We´ll have to make a new list as soon as everyone has confirmed that they´re coming. So who´s still missing? I´m sure there´s a lot more of you "RAH-goers" out there ...
Eva

Hi Eva,

If you hadn't noticed, Michael is updating the list in his post at the top of the thread on a daily basis. Let it grow, let it grow. wink

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

24 (edited by gaz22footie 2008-11-24 08:23:24)

Got 2 tickets front block of stalls!! I'll be there with either my son or wife (they are fighting over the 2nd ticket.)

See you all there. This show will be a classic.

p.s. am I alone in thinking we may have seen the last of Joe at 'intimate' venues??

p.s. am I alone in thinking we may have seen the last of Joe at 'intimate' venues??

I thinks it's all a case of supply and demand

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

I'll be there will Mrs Nose. Her first Joe B experience smile

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Shredit wrote:

Now I'm wondering if I'm the ONLY person from California going to represent....

Shred

See if you can smuggle Libby over somehow...

Major Tom to ground control...

You can count me and Renee in as well. Haven't made any other arrangements yet, but my plan right now is to get to London sometime the week before and spend some time exploring the city. Neither of us have been to London so we're really looking forward to it.

Lee wrote:

You can count me and Renee in as well. Haven't made any other arrangements yet, but my plan right now is to get to London sometime the week before and spend some time exploring the city. Neither of us have been to London so we're really looking forward to it.

Lee,

Patty and I have not made our flight arrangements yet. Maybe we could all wind up taking the same flight over! We could have our own RAH section on the plane! smile

Have you had a chance to look at any of the airlines yet to see what carrier can get you to London? I have been keeping my eye on Air Canada, as so far, they have the cheapest flight from St. Louis, with a stop in Ontario, for $662.70. I have never flown international, so not sure when the best time to actually book the flight will be?

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Michael,
           Will be there,

and as it's a Bank Holiday Monday and the trains will be unreliable,
we are gonna hire a mini bus for the twelve of us.

Now who will be driving, anyone else for a drink!

Awesome, the Power of Joe.........

31 (edited by RICjunkie 2008-11-24 12:31:15)

photogal wrote:
Lee wrote:

Lee,

Patty and I have not made our flight arrangements yet. Maybe we could all wind up taking the same flight over! We could have our own RAH section on the plane! smile

Have you had a chance to look at any of the airlines yet to see what carrier can get you to London? I have been keeping my eye on Air Canada, as so far, they have the cheapest flight from St. Louis, with a stop in Ontario, for $662.70. I have never flown international, so not sure when the best time to actually book the flight will be?

~Rhonda

Rhonda, the earlier the better as far as seat selection goes.  If it's a wide body you and Patty could get 2 seats together on the outside.  Wide bodies generally are 2-5-2, or 2-3-2. (if it's a narrow body like a 757 then it's 3-3). If you wait until the last minute you might save a few bucks but the chances of you two sitting together will be nil.  And that's a 7 hour flight give or take from Toronto. Just my 2 pence!

Update: Just booked my flights and hotel.  This is going to be SWEEEEEEEET!
All: The Tube has a terminus at London Heathrow (LHR) so it may be to your advantage to fly into there. Also I can state that the malt whisky selection in the international terminal there is outstanding! wink

If anybody has worries about getting from Heathrow or Gatwick into Central London and then to your hotels or Relatives using London's Subway ( which is called " Underground " or " Tube " or by Coach or Bus ..... I Will be happy to help , just post in here or on forum , It's no problem , Know my way round town a bit wink ... Don't want loads of Bonamassa Fans wandering The Labyrinth of Streets , though it does sound comical
Loads of time to plan ..... just keep in mind Joe may add a few dates either side of RAH and after coming all this way for a lot of you , you may be able to bag a couple more shows and Pop over to Paris ( Thoroughly Recommend , Eiffel Tower , Mona Lisa , Champs Elysee ) or Amsterdam as George Said which are just a couple of hundred miles from london by train .... So only if you want/need to maybe because of work schedule you can't stay too long , but if you're travelling thousands of miles and have say 3 to 7 days spare , keep your options open

CIAO

.............................. Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

As much as I wish I could attend and be witness this historic event, I just simply can't afford it. But I will be first in line to buy the DVD!!!

RICjunkie wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shred

Ahem!

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Musicinmysoul wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shred

Ahem!

Oops! Sorry 'bout that Danny. When you get old as dirt you do have these memory lapses...

RICjunkie wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shred

Lilbit says she aint goin...something about a hubby or sumpin...my wife wheres the pants in my house, and I aint proud to say it smile

Shreddy