Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

I can't see any other concert on the RAH website that's says tickets will on sale sometime in the future so I suppose they just put up the details when the tickets are actually on sale.

See Tickets
http://www.seetickets.com
will also be selling tickets according to the flyer given out in Birmingham. They are not showing the RAH concert yet either but they definitely do advertise tickets a few days before the sale date so that'll be early next week I guess.

cheers, David

38 (edited by Annelies 2008-11-16 13:57:18)

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

I come to the RAH !
My Bonabuddy Marianne can't make it due to a new job.
But i like to know are there plans for more gigs in Europe??? before the RAH gig so i / we can book flights /boats/ trains.....


Annelies

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Annelies,

There is a chance of  a little Dutch tour around March.  They are working on it but not sure yet.
In July Joe is asked to play on a lovely open airfestival in Germany, we'll wait if that works. Serious plans are made for it.

Andre Wittebroek

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

currymandavid wrote:

I can't see any other concert on the RAH website that's says tickets will on sale sometime in the future so I suppose they just put up the details when the tickets are actually on sale.

See Tickets
http://www.seetickets.com
will also be selling tickets according to the flyer given out in Birmingham. They are not showing the RAH concert yet either but they definitely do advertise tickets a few days before the sale date so that'll be early next week I guess.

cheers, David

i was told to just keep checkin back for more info as it becomes available

bet they sick of us contacting em!

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Guess Ill have to make a road trip... Denmark-Britain. Anyone wanna tag along? big_smile

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

samjp4 wrote:

I'm going, but I think my son is also going.  Shred, I remember you like baseball - I can give him to you - he is also a baseball fanatic and I'll meet up with Angela.  I'm sure when this all settles out there will be lots of different  "arrangements" made.  I'll sleep on the sidewalk if I have to!  [I know - it's probably illegal.]

Gotta get those tickets first.

Sandy

How old is your son?....does he like hanging around crazy people?....you really want him listening to all my stories of rocknroll gigs....he may come back babbling to you, and beg you to never leave him with a strange stranger lol

Shred

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Shredit wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

I'm going, but I think my son is also going.  Shred, I remember you like baseball - I can give him to you - he is also a baseball fanatic and I'll meet up with Angela.  I'm sure when this all settles out there will be lots of different  "arrangements" made.  I'll sleep on the sidewalk if I have to!  [I know - it's probably illegal.]

Gotta get those tickets first.

Sandy

How old is your son?....does he like hanging around crazy people?....you really want him listening to all my stories of rocknroll gigs....he may come back babbling to you, and beg you to never leave him with a strange stranger lol

Shred

That poor kid has been hanging around crazy [and strange] people his whole life!  [He's 24].

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Shredit wrote:

I'm going to try and trade a trip to hawaii for the RAH...by that I meen take Deb to Hawaii, and I go solo to England....I got to go by myself, I need very little sleep and I really want to get in as much as possble...anyone want to hang with me...I do imitations, buy your meals, pay for all you souveniers...and am generally annoying some times

Shred

Shred.... you're mine and Patty's kind of guy! lol smile

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

I want all of y'all (you too Pudding) to buy lots of Salsa & Hot Sauce so I can go to the UK and do so properly.  I have new products and...

Oh well.  Such a deal.  This is going to be a slammer gig.  Big Time indeed.  I missed the Texas gigs.  Don't wanna miss this one if it can be helped.   Hmmm...Oh Tia dear...

Stay tuned

MuchLove
BigJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Just been on to the RAH. Don't know if this has been covered elswhere but I am informed of the following:-

Tickets on sale 9.00am - Online, By Phone or at the RAH itself.

Cost - not yet fixed but expected to be £35 - £45.

Also standing tickets are right at the back of the RAH - everything in front of Joe is seated.

Finally drinks available in the foyer but not in the auditorium unless you have a box, but apparently virtually all of those are privately owned.

Hope this helps.

Colin

On behalf of the boys from London - Tripsy. See you there.

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

valleyboy wrote:

Just been on to the RAH. Don't know if this has been covered elswhere but I am informed of the following:-

Tickets on sale 9.00am - Online, By Phone or at the RAH itself.

Cost - not yet fixed but expected to be £35 - £45.

Also standing tickets are right at the back of the RAH - everything in front of Joe is seated.

Finally drinks available in the foyer but not in the auditorium unless you have a box, but apparently virtually all of those are privately owned.

Hope this helps.

Colin

On behalf of the boys from London - Tripsy. See you there.

Thanks Colin for the update!

Music is good for the Soul...

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

As mentioned in Relayer’s post below (and Valleyboy’s above – wish I could type faster), the only standing area at the RAH will be in the Gallery and is not recommended for the reasons given. I estimate the cost of these standing tickets will be around £15 or $22.50 or €18. I’d also not recommend the seats in the circle as, although they don’t look too high, being just above the third tier of boxes, they are actually a long way up and like sitting on the edge of a cliff – not recommended if you suffer from vertigo!

I understand the prices of the seated tickets will be:

Arena and Stalls:    £35 or $52.50 or €42

Boxes:            £45 or $67.50 or €54

Circle:            £28 or $42.00 or €33.50

Prices calculated by me on exchange rates of $1.50 to the £ and €1.20 to the £. These rates and the above amounts are for information only as you will have to pay the RAH or ticket agency in GBP. Ticket prices are higher than we’re used to for Joe’s shows, but that’s the price of fame and, in my opinion, it’s still a bargain for such a monumental occasion.

When 9.00am GMT arrives on Friday, make sure you have a copy of the auditorium seating plan to hand so that you know what you are buying. The following links provide an excellent indication of the seating layout and the positives and negatives of each seat. Be aware that there is no slope or rake in the Arena area, so the view from around row 7 back could be restricted if, like me you’re not the tallest.

http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBER … ing.htm#Ve

Arena seating plan:
http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBERTHALLARENA.htm

Stalls seating plan: (the stalls have the best views if you can’t get the front row of the Arena)
http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBER … ckplan.htm

Boxes seating plan: (if you’re feeling rich)
http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBERTHALLboxes.htm

Choir seating plan: (not a good idea unless you are drummer and want to watch Bogie’s technique and the back of Joe’s head all night big_smile  – I’ve sat in the choir for an EC gig and it’s not recommended)
http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBERTHALLCHOIR.htm

Circle seating plan: (hang on, I feel a nose bleed coming on). smile
http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBER … ckplan.htm


I’m hoping to stay at a hotel in London that night and look forward to spending some time with my Bonabuddies. wink

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

49

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Thanks for the info guys ... is 9am British time the same like 9am German time at the moment?! I always tend to forget that - aren´t you one hour ahead? That would surely be a not-so-nice surpirse to call the RAH and find out it´s 10 am there already ... wink

Eva

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Thanks Phil. The seating chart is a big help.
I'll be waiting to see the rest of the tour schedule round out.
I'm sure to be spending a few nights in London and (depending on Joe's schedule) the week before or after at locations TBD.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

eva wrote:

Thanks for the info guys ... is 9am British time the same like 9am German time at the moment?! I always tend to forget that - aren´t you one hour ahead? That would surely be a not-so-nice surpirse to call the RAH and find out it´s 10 am there already ... wink

The Blues has got a hold of me, I believe I'm getting dizzy.
Eva

Yes Eva, you are geting dizzy. smile CET is 1 hour ahead of GMT, so you can have a lie-in. 10.00am in Germany is 9.00am in the UK.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Thanks Wooders for making it easier for us all! 

The private boxes are great, but you need to make sure you book the seats in the front of the box, not like I did once and end up at the back not being able to see much.  Trouble is I can't now remember if seats 1 and 2 are front or back ...  The good thing about a box though is that you can take drinks in there.

I've also sat in the stalls and they're fine. 

Honestly, I'm going to be happy just getting a ticket.

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

James wrote:

Finally drinks available in the foyer but not in the auditorium unless you have a box, but apparently virtually all of those are privately owned.

Not all the boxes are privately owend and you can still book the private boxes if the owners choose not to attend the show.

I would also agree with LynB, If you book seats in a box make sure you book the seats at the front of the box for the best view.

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

Thanks for keeping us all informed. You Britts rock.