Topic: Tonight opening for BB King

One year ago I saw Joe for the first time. Opening with an amazing guitar solo that lasted minutes and blew us away. A prefect example that a support act can be on (almost) the same level as the main act (B.B. King)

Today we're going to see both Joe and B.B. King again. A night with two main acts!

Does anybody know if there are plans for Joe to come to the Netherlands in 2007? This year he showed up when I was in Italy and I hope to be able to plan my holidays in such a way that I still can get to see Joe in 2007 ;-)

Have fun (I know I will!)

Joost

Re: Tonight opening for BB King

Hallo Joost,

Lots of fun tonight. Since the first time in 2004 Joe has been here every year with greater succes, so he will be here in 2007 again, no doubt. Holland and Germany are very important to him.
I don't know where you live, but Joe has more gigs in Germany and not far from Holland. I saw him already 5 times in germany.

Andre Wittebroek.

Hi Andre,

I live in Eindhoven but I have a car that gets me anywhere ;-)

Have fun!

Joost

Love came to town!!!

We're just back from a perfect night with Joe and BB. Joe started with a very impressive set. Too bad that the microphone caused some problems (at least I think that was what it was) at the end.

BB King needs no introduction or comments, I think he even can entertain a crowd while sleeping...

Looking forward to the next appointment!

Have fun!

Joost

An audience that loved Joe and BB! Joe played a 45 min. bluesfull set and i enjoyed it to the full.

Songs played :So Many Roads,Moutain Time,Asking Around For You,Bridge To Better Days,Takin'The Hit and one more but it is late an i cann't remember it at the moment maybe Eric W. will. [nice to have met you]

I saw a merchandise desk but don't know if Joe and band came out for signing had to catch the last metro+train+bus.
But i hope to say hello in Manchester next friday.

Jane H. thanks again for the t-shirt been stopped by many... where i got it from.

Many Many Thanks to Joe, Bogie and Mark for an excellent piece of music!!!

Too bad that the shirt sizes stopped at XL. I think I would be able to wear one but I have a policy to only by shirts that fit. So I'm keeping a close eye on the site to see if there will be new shirts like the ones shown yesterday...

I only knew Joe Bonamassa by nmae, never seen him play or actually heard his music. I was going to see BB King and seeing him was a nice benefit....Damn, he blew me away! What a guitar-player, and a great singer I might add. So I went to the local musicstore and I have just finished watching his dvd, live from rockpalast in Germany....WOW!!! Hope to see him again very soon, I am willing to drive a bit...:)
And BB was great to!

I had the same last year: went to see BB and got Joe as a bonus. The monday after the concert I went to the music store and got "A New Day Yesterday". Since that I bought all of his CD's.

And I'm looking forward to his next CD ;-)

I too heard of Joe by going to see B.B.   It was B.B. Kings 80th birthday and I figured that it would be one of the last times I got to see him. KWS was also there. Joe opened for KWS who opened for B.B. I loved all three!

Rhonda smile

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Hi all, the missing song in Annelies' mail was the opener Walk in my shadow. I still have a problem with this (too) slow version of the song. The set was excellent, Joe must have reached another group of new fans again, if I listened to the reactions around me. Joe showed up at the very last goodby of BB King, but without a guitar, shame, shame. The farewell of BB King was a very emotional farewell. I was happy to be able to see him this last Dutch show and so were may others.

Annelies, see you a next time, let's talk a little longer then. Good to see more and more Dutch fans reacting in this forum.

I was there as well smile I just had to see BB King at possibly his last dutch show, and then I found out about this Joe Bonamassa guy who would be opening for him. Well lets just say he made some new fans there wink
And BB King was amazing too, even at his old age he's still the king of the blues.

We have just one world, but we live in different ones.