Topic: Spreading the word on Joe!

I did my good deed for the day. I went up to a guitar shop today called Huber and Breese. This is a well known guitar shop in the Southeast Detroit area. I know a few of them there a little and I took in the New day Yesterday dvd and had them play it in their store. Only 1 person heard of Joe and said Joes Dad works for Fender? Anyways, This show was playing and many of the customers were standing there admiring Joe! The guy I deal with was definetly impressed big time (Who wouldnt be?) I seen many of the customers stop what they were doing and watch him jammin!!! Turned alot of heads! One of the owners of the shop was asking about him. I told him Joe was coming to our area in December. On my way out I gave one of the salesman the NDY cd for their store and he greatly appreciated it. Im sure they will be playing it often or at least I hope they do. Heck, when I get done promoting Joe, he will have to play at a bigger venue! LOL. Also I handed out a few of his cds at work to people I know will like him. So, that was my good deed for the day. Tomorrows another day.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: Spreading the word on Joe!

Hey Rob,

I didi pretty much the same thing today. I went into the local guitar store to buy my son his first guitar. I had been in there a week earlier checking prices and asked if they had heard of Joe. Well, they hadn't heard of him. When I took my son in today to pick out his first guitar, I brought with me the Rockpalast DVD. They have now been officially introduced to Joe. I however did not leave any CD's, mine have been too hard to come by! I did leave the correct spelling of his name and hiw website address with them!

Rhonda smile

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Great ideas guys.  It kind of surprises me that people in a guitar shop has not heard of Joe but we can't presume that they have. So good work in spreading the word!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

David, I am a guitar player freak and I just discovered Joe about 3 weeks ago. Where have I been the last 5 years?? LOL. Then again, I just discovered Rory Gallagher back in the summer! I heard Joe on XM Radio. They were playing Tea for One on 40 Deep Tracks. I was instantly hooked. I ran out the next day and bought that cd You and Me. I wish you could have seen the heads it turned in that place when Joe was smoking on his guitar!! I was proud! LOL. I cant get enough of watching this kid play. I havent been this excited about a guitar player since SRV arived on the scene in the mid 80s. I am going to be calling my local rock stations and request his music. I know Steve Costan on WCSX will definetly play him. He is also a guitar nut.

Rob

David A. wrote:

Great ideas guys.  It kind of surprises me that people in a guitar shop has not heard of Joe but we can't presume that they have. So good work in spreading the word!!!

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

5 (edited by Bill S 2006-09-15 19:28:10)

Another thing I've done prior to shows in our area is to print out the street team flyers announcing the shows and drop a bunch of them off at a few of the guitar/music shops. I figure that even if people don't make the show, Joe's name is out there and being talked about.
The flyers are available on the street team site "www.bonamassabluesrock.com"

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"