Re: Great quote thread

These are a few I keep on my board at work:

“Everybody can get angry, that’s easy, but getting angry at the right person, with the right intensity, at the right time, for the right reason and in the right way, that’s hard.” (Aristotle)

“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” (Albert Einstein)

“The workplace should primarily be an incubator for the human spirit.” (Anita Roddick)

“He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool for ever.” (Traditional Chinese proverb)

“A professional is a man who can do his best at a time when he doesn’t particularly feel like it.” (Alistair Cooke)

“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” (Robert Frost)

“The one thing that matters is the effort.” (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

“Formula for success: under promise and over achieve.” (Tom Peters)

When you work in tax every little helps........

Vicky

"Stellar" a word used by Joe Bonamassa (also apt as a description of the man himself cool)

It must be a barrel of laughs in your office, Vicky. roll

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Doctor Gonzo cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

"Of course there are a lot of ways you can treat the blues,but it still will be the blues."-- Count Basie

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

22 (edited by vickyh31 2008-08-23 17:57:53)

Hey George,

Weird/strange is a perquisite in my line o business wink

In fact insanity also helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I do get to start the day and end the day with Joe - now there's a thought lol - i'm talkiing about in the car of course...............i'll just shut up now shall I before this gets any worse?

Vicky

P.S. How's the cleaning coming along?

"Stellar" a word used by Joe Bonamassa (also apt as a description of the man himself cool)

23 (edited by ohiodawg13 2008-08-24 01:29:13)

It just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter, cuz all the cute girls are gonna go out with the rich guys anyway.........Bill Murray from Meatballs.

I wish I could be 18 again, when I knew everything...............Anonymous.

They pass out two harmonicas with every social security card............my buddy Roger A./guitar player, who hosts lots of open mic gigs.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

" even the longest journey starts with a single step"

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

You got to go through hell before you get to heaven...................Stevie "Guitar" Miller

Bark Like A Beagle,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?!!

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

"Your *ss is grass, and I'm the mower!"  -My Dad

"It's not what you know, it's who you bl*w"  -Me

"Measure 3 times, cut 1 time."  Bob Vila?

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." Pres. George W. Bush

-Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

"I have a great memory... it's just not long enough."

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

There's more old drunks than there are old doctors, so I guess I'll have another round......Willie Nelson

It ain't easy bein' me.....................................J Dawg     8/26/08

30 (edited by bigjeffjones 2008-08-27 11:09:35)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than have to have a frontal lobotomy.

Dr. Demento sang it, too.  Who wrote it?

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

I think that was Tom Waits, but I could be mistaken.

How about "Candy is Dandy, but Liquor is Quicker"? - Ogden Nash

Major Tom to ground control...

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!!"

"If you not sleepin widem, dont trust em"

"Dont be no damn fool!!.... you dumb a$$"

"Wuts a madda for you"

"he need a docta, someting wrong with dat howley"

My mom talked pigeon, most people born and raised in Hawaii do, and when them Islanders would get together, it was near impossible at times to understand them!!

Dave

bigjeffjones wrote:

Wasn't it W.C. Fields?

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

bigjeffjones wrote:

Wasn't it Dorothy Parker?

George..sweet talking me by quoting Hunter Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"...So I reply with another one from Gonzo..."It never gets weird enough".......RIP HST