Re: Many TABs

Mr JBJHJM   I was wondering how you neatly write you tabs on the computer, Do you use some kind of program that gives you the blank tab lines ?

Id like to share some stuff ive tabbed but takes so long to put up using just keys on my pc,And even then it goes all wonky when its finally posted  !  ?

Thanks
Ben

Benc wrote:

Mr JBJHJM   I was wondering how you neatly write you tabs on the computer, Do you use some kind of program that gives you the blank tab lines ?

Id like to share some stuff ive tabbed but takes so long to put up using just keys on my pc,And even then it goes all wonky when its finally posted  !  ?

Thanks
Ben

I'm using a software called "Guitar Pro", but I'm putting everything up note-for-note - including the rhythm and the timings - using the normal pc keys.
Alternatively you could buy a MIDI-instrument (special Guitar or Keyboard) to record the tab live - but then you must be able to play it perfectly - before you can orientate on the tab!

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Sorry !  I should of explained better... I ment how are you tabbing here on the forum... a couple of posts before my 1st...

JHJBJM,

After watching a vid of joe and listening to the song again i still think that riff is wrong.. Joe is playing something  on the low e at the end of the riff and you dont have that. I think its something like this:

|-x-------x------x-------x-------|
|--------------------------------|
|---------5---5------3-----3-----|
|----------------3-5---3-5---5-3|
|-3---3-----------------------------5~|

but i could be wrong, you better at this than I...

Blackie08 wrote:

JHJBJM,

After watching a vid of joe and listening to the song again i still think that riff is wrong.. Joe is playing something  on the low e at the end of the riff and you dont have that. I think its something like this:

Ok, you wasn't entirely wrong. I think the last time I listened to it a few months ago... after refreshing my memories,
I heard this:

|-x-------x------x-------x-------| rhythm...
|----------------3-5---3-5---5---|
|-3---3------------------------6-|

@ Benc: I make the tabs manually, but software like Guitar Pro is able to export tabulatures like this.

And another tip: To make the tabs looking better, you should use this structure:
JUST REMOVE THE "s IN THE BRACKETS!
["CODE"]
TAB
["/CODE"]

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236

JBJHJM wrote:
Blackie08 wrote:

JHJBJM,

Ok, you wasn't entirely wrong. I think the last time I listened to it a few months ago... after refreshing my memories,
I heard this:

|-x-------x------x-------x-------| rhythm...
|----------------3-5---3-5---5---|
|-3---3------------------------6-|

@ Benc: I make the tabs manually, but software like Guitar Pro is able to export tabulatures like this.

And another tip: To make the tabs looking better, you should use this structure:
JUST REMOVE THE "s IN THE BRACKETS!
["CODE"]
TAB
["/CODE"]

JHJBJM,

THanks, thats more like it! I tabbed the intro riff in guitar pro but i dont know how to upload it..

I'm using rapidshare.com for uploading files, but there are too many others, just google "file upload"...