Re: Many TABs

thanks guys
Only problem is I have a work laptop and my desktop is locked.

oh well

markj wrote:

Hi, Any chance of tabbing Black Night and Seagull from Sloe gin. My all time faves. Mark.

Black Night was already tabbed by Musicinmysoul. Maybe he can upload his tab or send it to you.

Hey Ballgame,
1. Faux Mantini and Palms, Trees, Helicopters and Gasoline were tabbed by someone else!
    All the other GTPro Tabs for Joe on ultimate-guitar.com were made by me!

2. I'll upload the Starship Trooper Tab as a PDF (in a few minutes). You can find the link in the 1st post!

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile

thanks!

22 (edited by Ballgame 2008-08-18 14:54:55)

I looked at some of the PDFs.  Thanks for doing these. 

One comment. Im almost positive Takin a Hit is in standard tuning down one step, not Drop D.  Thats too much of a stretch in Drop D and in the DVD you can see the position he places it in.  Like I said just a minor comment

also in case I missed it what show did you do Starship after?  There is no studio version of this right?

Thanks again for these

It's in Drop D. Here's a screen shot from Rockpalast from the intro chord ringing part, and you can clearly see he's fretting a D chord.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/ … 3r/BAM.jpg

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

24 (edited by JBJHJM 2008-10-15 06:18:19)

On the Rockpalast DVD he plays (I'm very sure) Takin' the Hit in Dropped D Tuning:
The Basic Lick he plays:

---------------------- E
---------------------- B
---------------------- G
---------------------- D
----------33----3-35 A
0-0---57----57------ D

Te Starship Trooper tab is mostly made after the Rockpalast Version, only the bass (only in the GTPro file) was very hard to hear on the DVD, so I improved an easy bass line...

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236

jockman wrote:
JBJHJM wrote:
Musicinmysoul wrote:

I can transfer The River and Had To Cry Today to Guitar Pro, but it won't be nearly as complex as your tabs, it'll just be a single guitar line. Maybe you could add the drums bass voice etc.?

I think I've already made some parts of Had to cry today (Live @ Rockpalast) and the River... but the Guitar TABs are already in Joes songbook (think I post this the 2nd time?!?)

JBSRV wrote:

I've figured out Another Kind of Love, Your Funeral and My Trial, One Of These Days, and the studio version of Asking Around for you, but I don't know how to make tabs. Can I have some help???

If you want to, just write'em down in the correct order and send it to me, and I'll see what I can do - but I think this will need some time...

jockman wrote:

Can I make a personal request? Any chance of tab for 'When she dances' and Asking around for you? Please.

Yes, certainly you can!
I'll make at least a TAB of the Asking around for you (Live version), but I think Rick Melicks Keyboard (which sound only great, great, greeat...) will be very hard to TAB - so ask again in.. mmmhhh... 42 million years big_smile big_smile ! [OK bad joke]

I also have thinked about tabing When she Dances, but I haven't decided to tab or not to tab it.

So: any chance? Yes!!! But, not today smile

Jannik

Many thanks for even considering my request, I look forward to the tabs. The piano part, well, no need for that, but you are spot on, a fantastic intro to the song.

Hey, if I want to tab a song, I'll tab the whole song ! big_smile big_smile big_smile

JBJHJM wrote:

On the Rockpalast DVD he plays (I'm very sure) Takin' the Hit in Dropped D Tuning:
The Basic Lick he plays:

---------------------- E
---------------------- B
---------------------- G
---------------------- D
----------33----5-57 A
0-0---57----57------ D

Te Starship Trooper tab is mostly made after the Rockpalast Version, only the bass (only in the GTPro file) was very hard to hear on the DVD, so I improved an easy bass line...

That's the lick that Ballgame was saying is too much of a stretch to play.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Generally, all of these programs that write TABS will have an option in the TOOLS tab. This option will let you make a copy of your TABS and "Export" it as another type of file. So, anyone who has already downloaded the TABS in Guitar Pro or TuxGuitar, should be able to Export a file as ASCII, HTML, or whatever. And those could be sent to the others who were wanting copies.

P.S.

I bought JB's Tab book at Guitar Center, the other day. Gotta support the Artists'! I also went out and got the new DOUBLE LIVE CD! I've got all the CDs {Including the Bloodline stuff}, and I think I have all of the DVDs. Rockpalast, Signature Sounds, etc. The only one I don't have is the Lead Guitar Unlimited disc. AFAIK

The TAB book looks great! And I REALLY like that Joe went throught it, and approved the fingerings, etc. Since you can play the same notes in so many different ways on a guitar, I find that I can learn so much more about an artist's way of approaching a tune, when I can see how they actually fingered the parts.

Back on topic: Hope the "Export" tip helps you guys.

Ciao for now.......

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

28 (edited by Ballgame 2008-08-21 20:03:02)

Musicinmysoul wrote:
JBJHJM wrote:

The Basic Lick he plays:

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------33----5-57
0-0---57----57------

That's the lick that Ballgame was saying is too much of a stretch to play.

correct

To me that stretch from the 7 to the 3 is too much. 
But if you change the tuning down a full step if puts the riff in the box
Its just a suggestion.

Down Full Step
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------------------
---------55---5-5h7--
-00--5h7---5h7------

But hey, I cant do as good a job as you did. 
Dont listen to me, Im not that good smile

What show did you base Starship on?

Good work, these tabs are great.  Love that chord on Starship.  Nuts!

EDIT: Whats the Key of Takin?  D right?

do you have the PDF for A New Day Yesterday?  Also....just like Starship...what show did you use?  There is a lick he repeats for 4 measures I just love

ballgame wrote:

The screne shoot is a D but doesnt mean the tuning is Drop D.  It could mean but I think its down a full step.

He's playing a D in standard position in the screen shot, so it's definitely not a step down. Judging by the fact that the lowest tone you hear in the song is a low D, I think it's in Drop D.

Hey Musicinmysoul, I think Ballgame only wanted to say, that for HIM AND SOME OTHERS the stretching from the 3. to the 7. fret is too much, so he posted an idea to tune down the whole Guitar to D/G/C/F/A/D.

Otherwise I think, Joe moves his whole hand between the 5. and the 3. fret - he's very fast!

Starship Trooper is mostly based on the Rockpalast DVD version,
and A New Day Yesterday is the version of the A New Day Yesterday Live CD.
A Link the the New Day Yesterday PDF Tab, you can find, as always, in the 1. post.

Well, you could tune the entire thing down, but I think that'd ultimately make certain things harder to play

you did a great job on these tabs. 
Thanks again.  Im lovin Starship right now.  That chord is great!

Ballgame wrote:

Im lovin Starship right now. That chord is great!

Right!
Sometimes, I play the chords one octave higher (and some time later I heard, in newer versions of Starship Trooper, Joe does it, too). That sounds really great!!!

JBJHJM wrote:
Ballgame wrote:

Im lovin Starship right now. That chord is great!

Right!
Sometimes, I play the chords one octave higher (and some time later I heard, in newer versions of Starship Trooper, Joe does it, too). That sounds really great!!!

how do you play it an octive higher?  Just above the 12th fret you mean right?

oh man you rock with the ANDY solos!  Is this from the DVD as well?