Re: I got my JB Goldtop

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I am so happy to hear that all of you are so pleased with my Gibson Les Paul Model.  The guitar means the world to me and I consider this probably one of my most proud moments.   I have been in a down mood lately and this just made my day..  Take care of them, but dont be affraid to beat them up a bit.. They can take it.. I assure you..
Most Humbly
Joe Bonamassa

Joe, Thank you! for inspiring me to play better. Everyone needs something to create the motivation, that Passion to make them excel. you have done that for so many people including me. Thank you! The world is at you finger tips. You and your music will inspire guitarist for generations, guitarist that will inspire others for generations thanks to you. And they will be playing your Gibson Les Paul...

Take care Joe.
Bill

I couldn't have said it better! Thanks Bill. And thank you Joe!

The only downside was the crap I had to go through with GC to get a fair deal. To me that makes this guitar just a little more special!!

Stay safe everyone!
Spider

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I am so happy to hear that all of you are so pleased with my Gibson Les Paul Model.  The guitar means the world to me and I consider this probably one of my most proud moments.   I have been in a down mood lately and this just made my day..  Take care of them, but dont be affraid to beat them up a bit.. They can take it.. I assure you..
Most Humbly
Joe Bonamassa

JOE - I am NOT one of the lucky ones - to OWN one of your MAGNIFICENT guitars - BUT, that doesn't mean that I am NOT just as excited as these proud new owners.  I KNOW how much this means to YOU and THAT is just as important to ME ....... I am SO PROUD OF YOU, of THIS PARTICULAR accomplishment and milestone, of EVERYTHING else that you've done, and, most specifically of WHO YOU ARE.

WE LOVE YOU JOE BONAMASSA.  WE ARE ALL HERE TO SUPPORT AND UPLIFT YOU the way that you support and lift us up EVERY DAY.  I was painfully aware of your mood the other night and have been busy hoping and praying for BETTER DAYS for you.  PLEASE take good care of yourself and remember how MANY, MANY good things are here for you now and waiting further down the road too.

I'm sending you a big hug.    {{{{{{{{{{JOE}}}}}}}}}}}}

Your devoted fan AND friend,

Libby    smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Most Humbly
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe,
   I have been enjoying reading about all their excitement, too.  I don't own one, but I am working on owning one and I have decided if I do ever own one, it will inspire me to take guitar lessons.  You know you are the most unique friend I have.  I luv everything about you and I feel so blessed to know you. You know what this is leading up to wink ........Joe Bonamassa, you are without a doubt the greatest guitarist, vocalist, and all around great guy!!!  Hang in there buddy and all will be well.  Your army is always thinking of you with lots of love & support.  I will see you soon and have a pocketful of smile for you.    As always,
                                                                                     pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Pattie

That would be one nice guitar to learn on !!  smile
Go for it girl !!

Joe, really hope whatever is making you feel down goes away real quick.
You have lifted all the people on this forum at some time I would guess.
We're with you.

When I'm down, my bluesy playing sounds better.
There's an up side to everything smile

pattyluvsjoe wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Most Humbly
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe,
   I have been enjoying reading about all their excitement, too.  I don't own one, but I am working on owning one and I have decided if I do ever own one, it will inspire me to take guitar lessons.  You know you are the most unique friend I have.  I luv everything about you and I feel so blessed to know you. You know what this is leading up to wink ........Joe Bonamassa, you are without a doubt the greatest guitarist, vocalist, and all around great guy!!!  Hang in there buddy and all will be well.  Your army is always thinking of you with lots of love & support.  I will see you soon and have a pocketful of smile for you.    As always,
                                                                                     pattyluvsjoe

Joe,

The new guitar is beautiful and something for you to be very proud of...I am just thrilled to death that I was able to buy one...There was so much confusion when I started my search that half of the fun was sorting thru the maize to find one knowlegeable about the guitar...I ended up meeting Matt Baker at Action Music in Arlington VA...Matt learned about it at this year's NAMM show...He says that he has been going for years and met your dad many years ago at the show...Says that he remembers you playing at the show when you were 10 years old...I've only been a 1/2 hour per week lesson guy for the past 3 years, but this guitar really has me motivated...Thanks for the "Inspiration"...I'll say some prayers for whatever has you down...Looking forward to seeing you at the Fraze next Monday...Thanks again for all that you do...Your are certainly one of a kind...Peace...

Joe B.

First time in a long time I spent the night with a les paul over my shoulder for 4 hours...and didnt give it a passing thought--the weight that is. Tonally, amazing. As thick and creamy as you could want. Plays smooth. Couldnt ask for anything more. It not only looks aged, it feels worn in as well. The neck is cut the same as my R9, which was what I was hoping. What they SAY the are going to do and what ends up in the shop can be greatly different. That's cool, as long as the end product fits.

Marketing wise-they didnt have long tenon on the website, maybe because of the new...whatever tenon in the 2008 (new)standard. But rest assured-it is the same tenon as the R9.

I replaced the neck tone control with a push-pull so I can switch the neck mule into parallel mode. I like the clean sounds of a parallel bucker. Nothing left that I would change, which is odd for me. Just feels right.

Totally off track, brought my HT-Dual back from practice and stuck it in front of the goodsell 17...damn. Might have to give the matchless/blackstone appliance a rest next week and try the goody again.

*blushes*

I never understood what a 'neck tenon' is... Can someone help me out?

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Its the part of the neck that sticks into the body. For instance here is a picture of a long neck tenon from someone on the Les Paul Forum's Joe Les Paul. The neck tenon is the part you see sticking out.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Musicinmysoul wrote:

Its the part of the neck that sticks into the body. For instance here is a picture of a long neck tenon from someone on the Les Paul Forum's Joe Les Paul. The neck tenon is the part you see sticking out.

Thank you!

Is there any difference in the playability or sound, between a long and short tenon?

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

A question for the ages! Depends who you ask. Personally, I think so. But I know a lot of folks who don't think so. PRS single cut tenon is longer, other makers longer still. The new 2008 tenon looks downright freaky, but adds even more neck-body wood contact area. That SHOULD be a good thing. The schon sig had a longer tenon-though I never saw a pic of it, but because of the neck joint carve it had to be a little longer anyway. The LP Axcess that never seemed to get off the assembly line was of great interest to me personally because of the easy upper fret access and I would assume a longer tenon to offset it.

I've done side by side tests on many occasions and longer tenons seem to sustain better to me. If I stick my ear against the upper bout, they seem louder and clearer as well. The JBLP, I cant do that test. It's actually too loud for my ear.

Bottom line, it's a feature, and a standard one moving forward with the 2008 standard, but I wouldnt base a ton on it. If it came down to two guitars that sounded the same to my ear, played as well, sustained the same, weighed the same, were just as flamey or whatever, then it would be the deciding vote. But it's down the list a ways for me. Certainly a good thing to have, but not the most important feature.

65 (edited by Rik Emmett Fan 2008-09-20 19:01:23)

I had the great pleasure to meet Joe once again today at the Clark County Amphitheater in Las Vegas. Joe was enjoying some free time having some fun with his Remote Control Vehicles. I didn't want to interupt Joe very long so I just got a quick autograph and photo with my birthday present the Joe Bonamassa Les Paul #51.  Thank you Joe...

Bill

P.S.
Joe in your free time on and along the road you should try Geocaching to pass the time, you will have a great time and see some very interesting places. Check it out at
www.Geccaching.com

Updated photos 09/20/08

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29278172@N02/?saved=1

Very cool.  Great birthday present.

67 (edited by BluenoteMark 2008-09-23 12:46:17)

I'm just curious, what kind of pickups does Joe have in his actual LP's? I heard he likes the low output old PAFs because of there harmonic nature? Not sure if it's true or not. I am just wondering if his Signature model is setup just like HIS actual goltop or not. I always thought that a true signature model should be a SIGNATURE model...not a dressed up production wannabe. Anybody know?

I wish I could afford one his sig models, but I just can't. I love that black on gold LP look. In fact Joe's model is the only sig. model that I have actually ever thought about buying. I have several guitars and have owned MANY throughout the years! So me wanting one of his is really saying something for me. And I love the aged look idea. gives that old school vibe and organic feel to it. VERY COOL!

Congrats on your birthday present!

BluenoteMark wrote:

I'm just curious, what kind of pickups does Joe have in his actual LP's? I heard he likes the low output old PAFs because of there harmonic nature? Not sure if it's true or not. I am just wondering if his Signature model is setup just like HIS actual goltop or not. I always thought that a true signature model should be a SIGNATURE model...not a dressed up production wannabe. Anybody know?

I wish I could afford one his sig models, but I just can't. I love that black on gold LP look. In fact Joe's model is the only sig. model that I have actually ever thought about buying. I have several guitars and have owned MANY throughout the years! So me wanting one of his is really saying something for me. And I love the aged look idea. gives that old school vibe and organic feel to it. VERY COOL!

I don't know if Joe made any changes to his. He did tell me that he owns #52 and that each one he has seen is just a little different. I own #51

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:
BluenoteMark wrote:

I don't know if Joe made any changes to his. He did tell me that he owns #52 and that each one he has seen is just a little different. I own #51

Joe owns #51? Who owns #1?

Dreams only last the night.

Joe owns #1 How he got #52 is a long story. If he wants anybody to know he can tell them.

jim m wrote:

Joe owns #1 How he got #52 is a long story. If he wants anybody to know he can tell them.

Thanks for peeking our interest Jim.

When I called Cowtown to see when they were going to get them in. I was told they had received two that day #51 & #52 and one had sold already. when I picked it up the next day 8/5/08 my Bday I got #51. So I am sensing a Vegas Connection to this story?

Man I really want one of these guitars! I am trying to figure out a way to get one. So far my wife isn't buying my creative financing ideas!!LOL Until then I guess I will just have to drool over yours!

How did it come setup from the store? Did you have to make any adjustments to it?

Mark