Re: What is your amp of choice?

My tutor has a boogie roadster; still tryin to get him to show me it in all its mesa glory, cant wait!!!!
he named his band after it, thats how much he loves it.
They must rock

Scagey

Jamming with Joe and Bernie Marsden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zqg3brNH8

1) Metropoulos '68 100W Plexi
2) Marshall '68 100W Plexi
3) Marshall 2555 Jubilee

I don't own those amps (yet) but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

'78 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop (custom)
'79 Gibson 'The V'

Guys-

I have a '69 plexi & matching 4x12 which I've 'retired' now owing to it's sheer volume, weight & value considering the 'two-bit sleazy dives' I play!
Just finished building a 'mini-me' Bonamassa rig with a 50w Ceriatone Overtone - essentially a 'Dumble' type amp in a similar vein to Joe's much more expensive Two Rock's, Carol Anne's & Fuchs with either a Ceriatone 18w Marshall clone or a heavily modified Crate VC50 (don't laugh it's pretty cool!) into a Custom Cab Company stereo 2x12.   The two amps together sound ridiculously huge with my '58 Les Paul VOS... I still don't sound as cool as Joe - but hey- who does!?   I'm real happy tho...

The Custom Cab Company are amazing- if you're in the UK/Europe then they're well worth checking out...

http://www.guitarampcab.com/products.html

This don't look like no express way to me...

Playing through a Marshall JCM 900 50W combo. Love the overdriven sound.

sander151187 wrote:

Playing through a Marshall JCM 900 50W combo. Love the overdriven sound.

Is that the one with built in reverb?
(Dont know if it was originally the first to have reverb or not!) But on the subject of JCM's, i listened to Zakk Wylde's favourite amp and played and 800, which was surprisingly quite overdriven for its date!
But my personal favourite was the JCM 2000, great sounding amp, and very loud!!

Scagey

BUDDA SUPERDRIVE II 30 Over  a 412 cab cross loaded with celestion g12h and eminence private jacks split next too a Fender Evil Twin loaged with  RCA 12ax7 black plates and GE 6l6GC tubes with two tubes pulled to reduce watts to 25 . Four channels and great versatility of combinations controled by a Voodoo amp selector.

My current amp of choice is a '64 Fender Deluxe (non-reverb model), loaded with a 30 watt Celestion and original tubes.  Sounds absolutely killer.  I hit it with a one-two punch of an Analog Man Silver mod TS-9 and a Zendrive 2.  Add a little delay from a Boss DD-2.  I've been really happy with this rig.

Jason

44 (edited by BluesMan 2008-09-06 09:09:00)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I used to Rock a H&K

I play Rivera now. A 1x12 55watt combo amp. I can put it through a Marshall 4x12 and it really barks!

Very nice Nic!

I know you'll all laugh at me now, but I use a Fender Blues Junior. Great sound at an affordable price. Hey, you try to afford two guitar players living in one household at the same time. As they say, the money flows one way......But there's no better way for a dad to spend some time with his son. smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

45 (edited by tewker 2008-09-06 18:41:23)

Shredderman14 wrote:

Thinkin of gettin another marshall, shame i cant get my hands on a jubilee!
but im really into the vintage modern amps, if you havent played em, its like the older marshalls, with two pre gains, ones bright, ones mellow, and when you mix em together, you get all beautiful tones, and then you have a modern sounding eq, but it doesnt affect that vintage gain sound, and when it all comes together with a bit of reverb, it sounds great!

Scagey

Scagey

Seeing as you are in Bournemouth, you picked up this months Guitarist magazine???(John Mayer on the cover). Well I noticed the following in the classifieds.

Marshall Jubilee 25/50 head, great rock amplifier, vgc, 750 quid yikes

If you want details let me know in a post and I will mail em to you.

Cheers
tewker

BluesMan wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I used to Rock a H&K

I play Rivera now. A 1x12 55watt combo amp. I can put it through a Marshall 4x12 and it really barks!

Very nice Nic!

I know you'll all laugh at me now, but I use a Fender Blues Junior. Great sound at an affordable price. Hey, you try to afford two guitar players living in one household at the same time. As they say, the money flows one way......But there's no better way for a dad to spend some time with his son. smile

Roy

Roy

Nothing wrong with the Blue Junior. Gets consistnetly high reviews everywhere I look, and from what I have heard it does the blues tube thing very well.

I personally have a Laney VC15, quite similar to the Blues junior, and is definately more than enough power for me and my neighbours smile

tewker

47 (edited by BluesMan 2008-09-07 09:07:04)

tewker wrote:
BluesMan wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I used to Rock a H&K

Very nice Nic!

Roy

Roy

Nothing wrong with the Blue Junior. Gets consistnetly high reviews everywhere I look, and from what I have heard it does the blues tube thing very well.

I personally have a Laney VC15, quite similar to the Blues junior, and is definately more than enough power for me and my neighbours smile

tewker

Thanks tewker!

Yes, it does have some quality sound and plenty of power for me. I guess that's why my family keeps telling me to turn it down a bit. big_smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Budda Superdrive 45 1x12 combo(with Weber beam blocker) and 2x12 EarCandy Cab with Eminence Wizards. Never really use the cab much.

Fender Twin reverb, for clean and Fender tones. Plexi 50 or Bogner Shiva head+ 412 Cornford for cruch-rock sounds.
Keep on rockin´!!!

Who wanna kill the Blues???

The MTV...?

i have 4 different rigs i use depending on the mood i'm in;

1) mesa/boogie triaxis, mesa/boogie 20/20 power amp, mesa/boogie rectifier cab
2) marshall JVM 410, marshall 1960 lead cab
3) fender twin 65 reissue with various pedals to make me happy!
4) digitech gsp 2101 tube preamp.

i also tinker around with a boss gt-8 at times as well....i enjoy all of em.

if i bought something today it would be;

1) bogner duende
2) mesa/boogie lonestar classic

ken wrote:

Budda Superdrive 45 1x12 combo(with Weber beam blocker) and 2x12 EarCandy Cab with Eminence Wizards. Never really use the cab much.

Gee Ken,

I think I have that "Weber beam blocker" as an attachment that I bought for my Weber grill. I wonder if it works the same in both applications? wink

Rooy

Joe is the Best!

On subject of budda amps, i cant find any local models near my area! Guitar wise, living in england is pretty bad, america has the greatest shops ive ever seen!
Kinda jealous, im always on the guitar centre site, prices rule.

Scagey

marshall 68 12 series plexis are fun

Hi

My main amp i use is a line 6 Duoverb 2x12....so clean

then it would be

Line 6 flexitone 3 but i have changed the working of iy speaker wise.

then

my Marshall jcm 800 100wt head with my 2x12 300 wt cab
i do have a 4x12 but its too big to carry around now lol

i also have a pv bandit 1x12 its ok and an old HH 100wt 2x12 combo which i use in my workshop for testing.

I think with the modeling amp at least they give you a start to find that illusive tone

check my web page out for my guitars cause that can make a load of difference to your sound as well
I just fitted a set of bare knuckle pickups to my cherry les paul and what a difference it made. (to me anyway)

Graeme  smile

Blues is the spice of life, Live it, Love it, Feel it, Play it.