Re: Get your order in ....

When were his last 3 shows in Vegas? He's been gigging with the GT since he got the prototype like...a long time ago.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Now you have got it...

Thats why I said, It Looks graet! It should be out just in time for my B-Day :-) I quess the NEXT time I catch Joe in Vegas The Sunburst 59 & his Lucielle will be collecting a little more dust.

In other words he will be playing the Goldtop more than the 59...

Take care!

The first time Joe played his sig guitar was the beginning of May of this year in Cocoa Fl. I know because I was there 2nd row center about 1 foot away from it at times! big_smile Since then, that's been by far, his number 1 go to guitar.

Gah if I only had the money sad

23 (edited by Ges 2008-07-10 05:03:41)

At least you're not bloomin' left handed sad

Harrumph.
(sounds like a word Big Jeff Jones would use).

Enjoy the dreamin' John.

JohnTB wrote:

Gah if I only had the money sad

Nice download from the custom shop...yes they are making them as we speak and should be out soon..!

Too bad Joe is not signing the certificates or is he?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

The only reason I can think of why he wouldn't sign the certificates is hand crampage...and the man played extended versions of Pain and Sorrow, so let's be realistic. He's good.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

I aged it because goldtops look so tame in mint condition.. This was designed to be a everyday player piece.  A guitar that you bring to gigs, rehearsal, leave leaning up against the amp.  So many of these boutique guitars are bought and stored in vaults without a scratch on them.. Its a waste of wood if you ask me.   I wasnt going to go down that road.  I wanted the guitar to be inviting to play.  As collectors we loose sight of the fact that all guitars should be played.  My Les Paul is a guitar if you get a scratch on you dont lose 200 bucks.. It might even be worth more...  They are selling very good.  Again Gibson did a hellava job on these.. They really need to be commended..
thanks Joe Bonamssa

It's great to hear sales are going well, it's a wonderful guitar. Congratulations Joe!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I aged it because goldtops look so tame in mint condition.. This was designed to be a everyday player piece.  A guitar that you bring to gigs, rehearsal, leave leaning up against the amp.  So many of these boutique guitars are bought and stored in vaults without a scratch on them.. Its a waste of wood if you ask me.   I wasnt going to go down that road.  I wanted the guitar to be inviting to play.  As collectors we loose sight of the fact that all guitars should be played.  My Les Paul is a guitar if you get a scratch on you dont lose 200 bucks.. It might even be worth more...  They are selling very good.  Again Gibson did a hellava job on these.. They really need to be commended..
thanks Joe Bonamssa

Sounds good, what was the (probably not so) old saying..."We pay for the right to hold onto vintage (Les Pauls) instruments until their next owner comes along." not "We pay for the right to lock our vintage (Les Pauls) instruments in a vault."

Any word on why such an expensive instrument has a two-piece back?

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

thanks Joe Bonamssa

I agree to most of it, but Ive never understood why players would want a factory-thrashed guitar. My guitars are scratched and dented too, but Ive made all wear and tear by myself. Hell, Ive even dropped my Fender a couple of times, tripped over it and stuff. I think, that homemade wear-and-tear gives the guitar some history. You take a look at every dent, and think 'Hey, I made that on *insert random stage name*, during that song.'

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Guitargeek wrote:

I agree to most of it, but Ive never understood why players would want a factory-thrashed guitar. My guitars are scratched and dented too, but Ive made all wear and tear by myself. Hell, Ive even dropped my Fender a couple of times, tripped over it and stuff. I think, that homemade wear-and-tear gives the guitar some history. You take a look at every dent, and think 'Hey, I made that on *insert random stage name*, during that song.'

Agreed my strat has the laquer wearing away across part of the body now gigging with it 2-3 times a week has certainly started to show, I did always try to keep it in pristine condition but it seems like mission impossible... My belt buckle has made grooves and scratches into the back as well :x looks cool though tongue I never did understand the relicing process (understandable on a replica guitar like rory gallaghers) but Custom Shop relics just seem like a waste...

On the other hand though I can see why Joe doesnt want a signature expensive instrument that someones afraid to play after all thats what it was made for smile

31 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2008-07-16 12:38:47)

John TB, I'll disagree.

I HATE buying new guitars because they don't feel broken in, especially the edges of the fretboard. Also, it KILLS me when I put dings or scratches in a previously pristine guitar. I'd rather have a guitar that has a broken in feel and one where if I put a dent or ding in it - it won't be noticeable from two feet away.

That's the difference between "player" guitars and "collector" guitars...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

John TB, I'll disagree.

I HATE buying new guitars because they don't feel broken in, especially the edges of the fretboard. Also, it KILLS me when I put dings or scratches in a previously pristine guitar. I'd rather have a guitar that has a broken in feel and one where if I put a dent or ding in it - it won't be noticeable from two feet away.

That's the difference between "player" guitars and "collector" guitars...

I really can't feel any difference between a new guitar, and a used. But I guess thats just me being wierd. But I prefer used gear, mainly because of the price, but also because, I like gear with a history.

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

That wasnt the point I was making lol smile when relicing they dont play it to wear it in they just ding it all over etc necks always feel nicer when they have been played but remember with second hand gear thats played and abused / used a "players" guitar your not paying out of your **** for it smile

I pretty much solely buy second hand gear now but relicing isnt second hand its just designer wear and tear :x

Agreed bout knocking a new guitar though I've had the strat 3 years and its only in the last 6 months its started to get dings, scratches and wear. The first big scratch quite upset me because I had looked after it so well...

I dig used gear, but it has to be my use. The first ding on my Paul almost killed me, but now it's beat up and beautiful! Every foggy spot from where my forearm rests, every bump, every scratch, every blood stain, it's all mine.

I plan on being rich enough to have Gibson do a Custom one off JB Les Paul for me in 10 years or so without the aging...

35 (edited by vickyh31 2008-07-16 17:02:09)

Does anyone know how to order in the UK?

I've got my boyfriend a gigliotti for his birthday (ssshhh it's September) but thought that this would be real nice as a christmas prezzie (subject to me being able to save enough money)

Also does anyone know if they are going to be available at the music live event in Birmingham in November (Joe mentioned that he would be making an appearance in the day I think as well as performing after the event - just wondered if his guitar would be available to order/buy there too?????????????????????????????) - although I suppose that would give the game away for christmas lol

That is of course assuming that they aren't all sold out by then - (dangerous assumption?) - didn't I hear somewhere that they are limited edition (was 200 mentioned somewhere?)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicky

"Stellar" a word used by Joe Bonamassa (also apt as a description of the man himself cool)

36 (edited by Musicinmysoul 2008-07-16 17:12:58)

Gives the guys at Centre City Music a call, they're widely known for being a huge Gibson dealer, and they may be able to set you up with a JB Les Paul. I'm not positive, I've just heard a lot of good things about them. You'll of course end up paying a huge amount of money to get it shipped from San Diego, but yeah...I would call them ASAP, $50 says they've gotten several orders for the JB LP already!

http://www.ccitymusic.com/

Also does anyone know if they are going to be available at the music live event in Birmingham in November (Joe mentioned that he would be making an appearance in the day I think as well as performing after the event - just wondered if his guitar would be available to order/buy there too?????????????????????????????) - although I suppose that would give the game away for christmas lol

Yeah that's a pretty huge gamble...