Topic: JustGotTickets!

Hi JB Freaks!
   Just got tickets to the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. concert set for 04/28/06. I live in Selma, Oregon and will be driving my family down to Chico to see what I KNOW will be the high point of my entire year. My just turned 65 year old sister is visiting from Albuquerque. She is a Classical Pianist and heard Joe for the first time the other day on my deck out back the house.
   Needless to say, she loved EVERY SECOND OF "A New Day Yesterday." We are all salivating over the trip to see Joe and his incredible band.
   Some history here: I was a 60's Hippie and proud of it, cut my teeth on all the Greats, know just Who I'm seeing here. Never forget that true genius should be rewarded and supported as much as humanly possible.
   And due to Joe and Kenny Wayne Shepherd, whom we saw with BB King last summer at the Britt Festival in Medford, OR., I renewed my old musical roots, bought the Fender Telecaster, a very LOUD Fender amp, and joined the crowd. I am nowhere near the virtuoso Joe and Kenny are, but the point is that MUSIC IS UNIVERSAL.
   I was just talking to a lady gardener, who donates time over in Brookings, OR yesterday on the west coast, and she told me about her classical violin training and how she knew people in my area, Selma, local Jazz Artists. She noticed I was wearing a Jonny Lang T-shirt, remarked at what a genius he was, and I replied that there was a band she needed to hear, JB's band. She got excited when I told her Joe is an eclectic musician who really spans ALL music, not just the Blues and Rock.
   Where I'm headed with this is just this, eclecticism is a means to an end. Be aware that in our self-centered, blinders-on mentality, we limit ourselves on a daily basis. The old cliche applies here: FREE YOUR MIND. And as Jimi H. said, " ...not necessarily stoned, but beautiful..."
   Be creative and you will ADD to the collective consciousness, not subtract. There are people in many places, not only willing to hear, but willing to share.
   Sincerely,
      Steve and Janet
          Selma, Oregon   04/30/06

Re: JustGotTickets!

Steve and Janet, what an awesome post!  Early in 1970 we went to see a band from England who played for 3 hours, Led Zepellin.  Changed my music outlook.  Then used to go see a band from Macon all the time, ABB while Duane and Berry were still cranking it out.  The list could go on but Joe has brought new light/life to the music scene.  He is the real deal.   

Would really like to see the show at Chico, great music, great brew what a combination.  Enjoy and let us know how it goes...
take care.

Music is good for the Soul...