Topic: zakk & Joe?

Does anybody have a photo of Joe Bonamassa & Zakk Wylde???

I'd just about do anything for a photo of them together - I know they met a while back...

That'd be a cool Gibson advertisement!!!

email me if you have one - I'd be forever in your debt!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: zakk & Joe?

Haha Joe and Zakk? They're on polar opposites of the music spectrum!

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Both Les Paul players - Nuff Said!

- listen to Zakk Wylde Book of Shadows...acoustic, slightly southern rock album.
not to mention Pride & Glory....straight up zw southern rock. not the super distortion of BLS

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Zakk wouldn't put PAFs in his Pauls if he was paid to do it! I respect the guy as a player, he's got some major chops, but as of these last couple years I've moved away from the shred your pentatonic brains out kind of stuff.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Does anybody have a photo of Joe Bonamassa & Zakk Wylde???

I'd just about do anything for a photo of them together - I know they met a while back...

That'd be a cool Gibson advertisement!!!

email me if you have one - I'd be forever in your debt!

What about the photo of Joe and Slash? That isn't a cool Gibson ad?

Joe and Slash is a little more reasonable...in fact...I think that'd be a bitchen guitar duel...

well... i have a photo of THEM together....

BLS has a Hangover Music album that has  alot of acoustic stuff in it. I agree though, I'm really getting away from the shredder stuff... I want to listen and/or play stuff with awesome melody, not something that makes you hyper.

Jane H. wrote:

if you google "Bonamassa Wylde" images, your pic comes up Nic!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&a … &gbv=2

of pic of ME, or a pic of Joe and Zakk?  I'm not seeing either! help!

Zakk and Joe are not that opposite. watch this video talk about using your fingers! Theres a side to Zakk not many people know about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1KeuZGwp_M

Thanks, Josh

Haha what the hell what that? Zakk was doing what he always does, pentatonic shred, just in a bluesier style. Now I'll admit the third example is pretty cool, when he takes the time to slow down. There will be a few instances where he throws out these tasty licks, but then dives right back into his clean chickin' pickin' shred stuff. Pull the blue notes out of that video, throw some distortion on his amp, and you've got Zakk doing what he does best.

Musicinmysoul wrote:

Haha Joe and Zakk? They're on polar opposites of the music spectrum!

Ha! I stand corrected! I was looking through some older guitar magazines that I've got and there's an issue of Guitar One from April of last year that's got a lesson from Joe on pentatonic tricks in it. Check this out.

Guitar One wrote:

Fig. 5 This one is similar in phrasing to the latter half of Fig. 4. Note the descending pentatonic sextuplet pattern in the last bar-a favorite motif of Eric Johnson and Zakk Wylde.

Again, I stand corrected!

Musicinmysoul wrote:

Joe and Slash is a little more reasonable...in fact...I think that'd be a bitchen guitar duel...

I don't think a "guitar duel" would suit either one of them...Now a "guitar duet" with Joe & Slash, THAT my mind's ears can hear going places!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”