Re: 'Tis a sad day in "Strat-land" for Strat/Joe fans!!

Joe, Joe, Joe. Do you even remember how you sounded playing a strat? roll
I want you to play strats again!!!! (and Les Pauls of course, too).

But I think I already told you.

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Tripod wrote:

Then your drummer needs to learn a little bit more about SRV, blues, and music in general. smile

With the les paul, Joe has been able to get his own identity. I think he left SRV's influence. If your friend would have said that there's a small similarity with Eric Johnson, Gary Moore or the young Eric Clapton, it would make more sense.

Yeah, my first thought was Gary Moore, than when I heard newer stuff, Eric Johnson smile

Guitar_thrill wrote:
Tripod wrote:

Then your drummer needs to learn a little bit more about SRV, blues, and music in general. smile

With the les paul, Joe has been able to get his own identity. I think he left SRV's influence. If your friend would have said that there's a small similarity with Eric Johnson, Gary Moore or the young Eric Clapton, it would make more sense.

Yeah, my first thought was Gary Moore, than when I heard newer stuff, Eric Johnson smile

When i first heard of him, i thought the same thing. He's got some agressiveness that reminds me of gary (check out that 2007 version of blues deluxe on youtube), but his techinque in nearer to Johnson's as he uses the pick much more and does not make so much hammer-on as the irish does. Also, his licks are quite familiar to those from both Erics (johnson and clapton).

In conclusion, he's got a nice combination of influences. smile

Which just goes to show, drummers don't know what they're talking about. lol I kid! I kid!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

who on earth ressurected this fossil-thread? wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool