Re: 'Tis a sad day in "Strat-land" for Strat/Joe fans!!

Joe signed my gigliotti gt at the birchmere show, so I'll pass!

cwd wrote:

Just curious...how much would any of you pay for a Joe Bonamassa signed Fender Deluxe Strat. Please Reply.

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

cwd wrote:

Just curious...how much would any of you pay for a Joe Bonamassa signed Fender Deluxe Strat. Please Reply.

Try ebay buddy. One more post about this and you are outa here.

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

What's a Strat?

www.solidbodiesthemovie.com

watch the trailer and you'll know.  smile

You caught me Nic, being a smartaleck.  I do love that movie though; watched the first time I heard of it. 

fascinating
indeed

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Well, I give up

I'm a Strat guy and a half, and really wish Strats were back in Joe's arsenal

Just saw Fender is releasing a Dean Ween strat, and I'll admit, I must be getting
old, cuz I never heard of this guy

Anyway, with Joe on Gibsons team, no sense agonizing over it anymore
Specially with that Gold Top coming out, that has some great features on
it. Looks like it's also aged, which makes it way cool.
BB2 and BB3 pups are a great combo, and with a 59 neck shape
my my, all the goodies

can't wait to try it

185 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2008-06-26 08:15:39)

Rick wrote:

Just saw Fender is releasing a Dean Ween strat, and I'll admit, I must be getting
old, cuz I never heard of this guy

Did you ever see Beavis and Butthead? there was video called "Push the Little Daisys and make them come up"
some annoying alternative 90's geeky song. The band was called WEEN. its that guy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kkJPiTIyZ8

reactions:
step one: cringe
step two: laugh
step three: cry

i cant believe this guy has his own strat

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

as Ross Perot said, "that's just sad!"

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

187 (edited by billyclay 2008-08-16 17:40:18)

Well looks as though this post has ended...  Maybe I'll get it started again:^)!!!  Just ran across it because I was in search of a good picture of Joe's Gold Sparkle Strat...  Never thought this was the cause of him ending his relationship with Fender at all???  To be honest I'm having a guitar built for me and I was wanting to use a Gold Sparkle Strat pic to help the guy that's building it for me.  He's a well respected small time luthier.  Does anyone have any great pics of the Gold Sparkle Strat?  I just wanted a Gold Sparkle Strat with some relicing and happen to see Joe's.  That's sure a cool looking guitar!  Actually the Fessler Strat was the first pic I showed my luthier, but never thought it looked like Joe's...  Especially the checking was different and that was what I thought was cool looking in the few pics I've seen of Joe's...  As far as the comparisons of Joe and SRV...  That's just the same crap that's been going on since SRV's passing.  I know SRV was gone actually even before many of his influences had passed away.  If it wasn't for Stevie many of these influences would have just faded away into obscurity...  To me that's the way Joe should feel...  With his unique style of blending the many influences he's had throughout his life...  Bring to the forefront the talent of his influences with respect and be humble.  Joe is so talented I'm sure if he never heard SRV he would still be a superior accomplished musician...  The thing with me is Stevie was always told his style was comping Albert King, Jimi Hendrix mainly or even whoever else...  I don't think I can remember on occasion where he went off the wall and bashed any of them or even the instrument they played...  Joe's not the first to do this, but to me he should use it as a compliment of his many other influences he's used to make him who he is now...  Okay...  Joe comes up with a signature lick of his own and later a disciple of his that he's preached to about the blues comes along and is this monster player this kids playing a LP as well...  Plays lot of JB stuff, but has many more influences in his style.  Is it in his best interest to say I'm sick of the LP and being compared to one of his main influences?  To me Joe's a stand up guy or seems to me.  I've met him talked to him...  He comes across as very humble...  Joe doesn't play or sing anything like SRV...  He has some flashes, but nothing that goes on and on.  Just wish he would take the same approach as SRV with his influences.  I may be wrong and there's an interview out there were someone asked SRV why he always played like whoever and he stated his displeasure...  I doubt it though...

This entire thread is kind of...over. With the recent change in set list which includes Joe's use of a Strat for Spike Driver Blues this thread no longer has purpose!

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

What strat is he using?  Is it an Licensed Fender Strat?

Calm down boys..from another thread:
    Joes Stonetree Baritone
http://www.stonetreeguitars.com/000_0182.JPG

and Joe's Stonetree "S" style guitar with Lindy Fralin pickups.
http://www.stonetreeguitars.com/000_1310.JPG

From another thread:
"Actually.... The guitar in question is a Stonetree Barritone guitar... Its shaped like a strat.. but is well made :-) and a Mahogany like a gibson..."
Joe Bonamassa

Hope this clears things up                                            Cathy

Hey CathySiler you were pretty quick with those pics of his new guitars...  You wouldn't happen to have a good pic of his Gold Sparkle Strat would you?

192 (edited by Spider 2008-08-17 08:49:44)

billyclay wrote:

Hey CathySiler you were pretty quick with those pics of his new guitars...  You wouldn't happen to have a good pic of his Gold Sparkle Strat would you?

Do you know how to search? If not learn how to.

Actually buy Joes DVD "A New Day Yesterday". He plays the strat in that video.

I just skimmed over the thread thinking i had posted a link to a photo. Here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14847638@N06/2437359741/

Right...pretty much what Cathy said. Joe uses it for the new tune. But this thread is about Joe boycotting Strats in general, not just Fender Strats, right?

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

jim m wrote:

I just skimmed over the thread thinking i had posted a link to a photo. Here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14847638@N06/2437359741/

Thanks Jim!  Was hoping I could find some closeups...  It's strange how some pictures show the checking and some do not.  I've seen that pic...  I found these as well:

http://www.denvermusicphotos.com/galler … a/DSC07038

http://www.denvermusicphotos.com/galler … /DSC07104a

Still would like some nice close up shots of it.  Thanks so much for looking Jim!

196 (edited by billyclay 2008-08-17 14:46:43)

Musicinmysoul wrote:

Right...pretty much what Cathy said. Joe uses it for the new tune. But this thread is about Joe boycotting Strats in general, not just Fender Strats, right?

No actually I would think this thread is talking about Fender in general...  That's who Joe specified that he won't use any of their equipment(stage towels even)...  This thread is about Joe boycotting the use of any Fender product because he believes Fender made a replica of his Gold Sparkle Strat and didn't make it a Joe Bonamassa signature series...  Which if that's true I would be ticked as well...  That saying I've seen this Fessler Strat and if you ask me it is a Gold Sparkle Strat, but I wouldn't say it has the same markings as Joe's from the pictures I've been able to see.

Spider wrote:
billyclay wrote:

Thanks for your concern CathySiler, OH! Your name is Spider...  hmmm :^)
Yea bro I've been using Google for a little while now...  I have the Rockpalast video, but I need pics...
Thanks for the advice though~

198 (edited by CarljMD 2008-08-17 22:13:29)

billyclay wrote:
Spider wrote:
billyclay wrote:

Thanks for your concern CathySiler, OH! Your name is Spider...  hmmm :^)
Yea bro I've been using Google for a little while now...

I think he was referring to the "search" option here on the forum

billyclay wrote:

I have the Rockpalast video, but I need pics...
Thanks for the advice though~

He was referring to the "A New Day Yesterday Live" video, during which Joe plays the guitar in question.

Good luck.

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues