Re: Caveman's Diary Update

One of the few things an artist has a limited alocation of is Live Albums. Once you've done one you can't do it again for quite some time. ANDY live was 2001. Releasing an album on schedule is a difficult task even if you are not on tour during the post production.

For whatever reason the release date has been postponed or canceled I'm sure will be disclosed once Joe gets stateside and has a chance to catch his breath. He will have the opportunity to make sure that if now is the time for that live album or if it is better to wait.

I for one am much more delighted in knowing Joe got to meet his most reveared, influence Eric Clapton. What doors of opportunity this might open for him. How cool is that. Eric Clapton opening spot maybe? Coming up to jam the encore. RAH with Eric guest. Maybe nothing but Eric knows who Joe is and Joe isn't somebody you easly forget.

Very true Jim. Without doubt, Joe has been on EC's radar for some time and as little as I know, I think Eric has been waiting to see which way the wind blows for Joe....and he now know's that it's about to blow a gale force 10. You don't get to be as good as Eric for as long as he's been at the top of his game without knowing who's up and coming.....and to Eric's credit, he seems to help a lot of young players whose heart is in the right place...Doyle Bramhall, Robert Randolph, Derek Trucks....and some years back I seem to remember he helped a certain Mr Robert Cray into the limelight by way of some support slots. There is no maybe....Joe's time is coming...and it's coming soon, real soon!!!!

jim m wrote:

One of the few things an artist has a limited alocation of is Live Albums. Once you've done one you can't do it again for quite some time. ANDY live was 2001. Releasing an album on schedule is a difficult task even if you are not on tour during the post production.

For whatever reason the release date has been postponed or canceled I'm sure will be disclosed once Joe gets stateside and has a chance to catch his breath. He will have the opportunity to make sure that if now is the time for that live album or if it is better to wait.

I for one am much more delighted in knowing Joe got to meet his most reveared, influence Eric Clapton. What doors of opportunity this might open for him. How cool is that. Eric Clapton opening spot maybe? Coming up to jam the encore. RAH with Eric guest. Maybe nothing but Eric knows who Joe is and Joe isn't somebody you easly forget.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

IT'S SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!   smile smile smile smile smile

gsj wrote:

Very true Jim. Without doubt, Joe has been on EC's radar for some time and as little as I know, I think Eric has been waiting to see which way the wind blows for Joe....and he now know's that it's about to blow a gale force 10. You don't get to be as good as Eric for as long as he's been at the top of his game without knowing who's up and coming.....and to Eric's credit, he seems to help a lot of young players whose heart is in the right place...Doyle Bramhall, Robert Randolph, Derek Trucks....and some years back I seem to remember he helped a certain Mr Robert Cray into the limelight by way of some support slots. There is no maybe....Joe's time is coming...and it's coming soon, real soon!!!!

jim m wrote:

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

jim m wrote:

That's what I'm feeling.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I have first dibs on going to a Joe/Eric show with Angela!! She needs a nurse and I need somebody that would be even more psyched than me!! Are we on girl?   Cathy

OH YEAH...I'm gonna' need a doctor, a nurse and a straight jacket!  lol

cathysiler wrote:

I have first dibs on going to a Joe/Eric show with Angela!! She needs a nurse and I need somebody that would be even more psyched than me!! Are we on girl?   Cathy

Angela wrote:

cathysiler wrote:

Oh YEAH indeed, I'm hanging with you girls! big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:
Angela wrote:

cathysiler wrote:

Oh YEAH indeed, I'm hanging with you girls! big_smile

OH YEAH.....errrrr....ummmm......Angela, my grandfather was a doctor, does that count?  Or, I could put my personal shopping skills to work and set you up (and fit you) with something comfortable, yet stylish.  Tell me what you think about this little European number......

http://sj.blacksteel.com/jim/front.cgi   

I promise NOT to put on the available hood accessory.  I mean, good Lord, ya gotta SEE the SHOW!!!

http://sj.blacksteel.com/jim/sj-front-07.jpg

Count me in!  I got your back, girlfriend!  Those Hollywood stylists ain't got nuthin' on me.  You'll be lookin' gooood.

big_smile  Libby  big_smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Angela wrote:

cathysiler wrote:

You guys can put me in the straight jacket!  That would be a show not to miss for sure!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Libby-nothing like a good reliable doctor...;)  I "ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY"   LOVE Joe's Sick In Love from SILT, so I often quote some of those lines. Can you even imagine the man you love writing those lyrics about ya' & then singing them to you??????  tongue tongue tongue tongue Could it be this is my ultimate "chick flick" kinda' Joe song?  Rockin' Ron likes it too! All of the songs on SILT continue to deliver for me.  A couple years ago, Tara, a long-time street teamer from the Boston, Mass. area sent me the only live recording that I am aware of, Joe performing Sick In Love.  Tara doesn't post much here anymore, but has done countless things behind the scenes promoting Joe...like getting Joe on the radio, etc. etc. etc.. HI Tara if you are out there. smile

Cathy- Music is keeping us 'young'... at least in our hearts and mind...we'll be like the Bealtemaniacs from the 60's or the young ladies from B.B. King's Live at the Regal...just kidding Joe, we promise not to embarrass you. smile

George & David- We'll see you there! smile

My advice to you is to just sit back and enjoy the ride. And remember: TRUST IN JOE.

Agreed Jane.

We like rough, raw, emotional, live, upbeat, heavy, fireworks, greasy, nasty, dirty, loud.

Thats seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from something with strings.....

Less Ray Price......more "Rio Grande Mud"......please let the Les Paul and the Silver Jubilee fly, and cover it with hot, sweaty, labored vocals.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Jane H. wrote:

you are so predictable Deez....
thanks for the advice, wasn't exactly looking for any but i do believe you meant well
smile
I do trust in Joe, and I do have faith

I'm predictable in my unpredictability. You think you've got me figured out, and I throw you a curve. One may be coming soon, you never know.

Agreed Jane.

We like rough, raw, emotional, live, upbeat, heavy, fireworks, greasy, nasty, dirty, loud.

Thats seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from something with strings.....

Less Ray Price......more "Rio Grande Mud"......please let the Les Paul and the Silver Jubilee fly, and cover it with hot, sweaty, labored vocals.

PC

Hallelujah!!! I agree with you SO MUCH PHIL!!  I trust Joe's judgement and I hope he hears us loud and clear. He knows we are devoted. I could go on and on, but I'll bite my tongue!   Cathy

I believe Kevin clearly said something "swampy" was in order. That's about as low down and nasty as you can get.

I'm four-square in the Jane, Phil, Co-elder camp here. I could just about imagine some carefully placed horns here or there, but strings? Nah, no way.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Well, it worked magnificently on Asking Around For You and Tea For One, if I remember correctly. And it worked extremely well on The Thrill Is Gone for B.B. King back in the day.

Angela wrote:

cathysiler wrote:

I'll need those too and I'll have twice of whatever they're having.