Re: Joe Bonamassa - the GIFT that keeps on GIVING

Libby wrote:

Et tu, Colin?  And Ken??  And, EVEN MY SWEET PETE?!?!  Say it ain't SO!!!  As for following orders gentlemen, I have two words for you.............Hale-Bopp. 

Stay true to the spirit of the thread and to yourselves.  We request that you refrain from your Captain's Speedo Mania and get back to the heretofore mentioned LOVEFEST.  tongue

smile  Libby  smile

Sorry Libby,
I just couldn't resist another opportunity to crowbar that John Mayer picture in one more time! tongue

Hey, just hit 100! (pat pat pat on back) big_smile

ken wrote:
Libby wrote:

Et tu, Colin?  And Ken??  And, EVEN MY SWEET PETE?!?!  Say it ain't SO!!!  As for following orders gentlemen, I have two words for you.............Hale-Bopp. 

Stay true to the spirit of the thread and to yourselves.  We request that you refrain from your Captain's Speedo Mania and get back to the heretofore mentioned LOVEFEST.  tongue

smile  Libby  smile

Sorry Libby,
I just couldn't resist another opportunity to crowbar that John Mayer picture in one more time! tongue

Hey, just hit 100! (pat pat pat on back) big_smile

Congrats on the 100th post Ken!  Keep it clean (you know - Speedo Free)!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Apologies dear Libby

I will refrain from the S word. As for Roy's admission that he prefers dogging..................
well the least said about that the better wink

Henceforth we shall return to the LOVEFEST

mwah!

milldew big_smile:D:D:D:D:D

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Oh I forgot, congratulations Ken my good friend, well done on busting the century.

millhouse big_smile:D:D:D:D

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

millhouse wrote:

Apologies dear Libby

I will refrain from the S word. As for Roy's admission that he prefers dogging..................
well the least said about that the better wink

Henceforth we shall return to the LOVEFEST

mwah!

milldew big_smile:D:D:D:D:D

NOW we're TALKIN'!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX!!!! AND a great big MWAH right back atcha Colin!!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

.......just when you think it can't possibly get any worse......please, dear God, save me from the Speedo talk which continues to cast its black shadow on my innocent little thread........

Gwant me the sewenity wequired to wefrain fwom wawwying the twoops to fowm a weconnaissance opewation to twack that particuwarwy wascawy Speedo weawing Wisconsonian Woy.

smile  Wibby  smile

Bill S.

Awww, how tweet. Now off to bed or you won't last the day out.

I'm just loading my new mp3 player and you know who's first. Six albums + loads of mp3s courtesy of our forum buddies. What a wonderful community this is. I can't wait to meet more of you later this year and next. wink

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

Awww, how tweet. Now off to bed or you won't last the day out.

I'm just loading my new mp3 player and you know who's first. Six albums + loads of mp3s courtesy of our forum buddies. What a wonderful community this is. I can't wait to meet more of you later this year and next. wink

Phil

Somehow Phil, I managed to make it thru the day, after all - although - even after crawling into bed after 2:00 AM, I was awakened 4 or 5 times by the noisy cars of teenagers and the paper man!  A long day, indeed.......and now, here I am again (but it's only 12:30!!!)

How did the Joe-loading go?

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Hi Wibby, I mean Libby LOL,

The loading went well after I'd worked out how to do it! I'm not the most computer literate of people. I listened to ANDY live on the train on the way into work this morning (it's 8.30am here) - what an album! It's going to get a good thrashing for a while. Somehow it sounds different to the DVD as the drums seem much further forward in the mix and Joe's guitar appears to be somewhere behind my left ear most of the time - very odd. I have only recently bought the CD as I thought having the DVD, I didn't need the CD too, but you can never have enough of Joe. wink

I sympathise with the extraneous night time noise, we had the same thing on Sunday morning, which together with the clocks going forward in the UK, made for an early night last night.

Sleep tight. smile
Regards
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Short form of the Serenity prayer:

Oh well, F*** it.  lol

worksforme
veryspiritual

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

BluesMan wrote:
Libby wrote:

.......just when you think it can't possibly get any worse......please, dear God, save me from the Speedo talk which continues to cast its black shadow on my innocent little thread........

Gwant me the sewenity wequired to wefrain fwom wawwying the twoops to fowm a weconnaissance opewation to twack that particuwarwy wascawy Speedo weawing Wisconsonian Woy.

smile  Wibby  smile

I'm no waskly wabbit wibby! I'm more of a Pppppoooorrrkkkkkky PppppiiiiGGGG ttttype wwwhen I ggggggggggggget to ttttalk to JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ, ddddddamn, ttttthattt BBBBonamassa Ggggggguy!

Cough, cough.....There, that's better! A friend at work just came over to my desk and gave me a good slap on the back. That usually resets my speech pattern. Now, where was I?.......

Roy

Hmmmmmm......thanks to George Harrison's Mum, the phrase, "What they need's a damn good whacking!" comes to mind......

And, darling Brother Jeff - I thank you for the reminder of the abbreviated version.  I'll keep it in mind.  smile

smile  Libby  smile

bigjeffjones wrote:

Short form of the Serenity prayer:

Oh well, F*** it.  lol

worksforme
veryspiritual

Bill S.

Do y'all remember when I started this thread about 6 weeks ago?  If not - you can go back and read the first post - but the short story is that among the MANY, MANY gifts that Joe Bonamassa has brought to my life ....... he also brought an old friend back into it ....... (want more details?  you'll have to go back to page 1, post 1)  smile

SO, guess who just called me, from Jacksonville?  That's right, our old friend Mike - the initial subject of my thread.  Guess where he was?  Uh-huh.....that's right....... GUESS WHO I COULD HEAR PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND???  Yep, that's right again  ...... JOE ........ Joe's voice AND Joe's JB LP......  and Carmine .......  and Bogie  ........  and Rick ....... !!!!! 

"What are you DOING, calling ME NOW!!!!??!!!" I said.  Well, he'd bought a drink, and they wouldn't let him take it in - so, they were gonna drink them and then go in - but, "Don't worry" he tells me, "we can see him from the window."  "WHAT??!!  The WINDOW??!!!  GUZZLE THOSE THINGS DOWN AND GET IN THERE - NOW!!!!" 

He said he'd call after the show.  Whew!  After I hadn't heard from him in a few weeks, I was afraid he had decided NOT to go (or something EQUALLY INSANE AND REGRETTABLE)!!!

I called back quickly, and left a message.  "You gotta stick around afterwards Mike.  Try to meet Joe and the guys AND look for a tall, lean well dressed guy named Big Jeff Jones .... he'll have a pretty woman on his arm and will be hangin' out with the bass player, Carmine Rojas."  Best I could do under the circumstances......

They are havin' a great time in JAX right now ....... I feel a teeny bit like I'm there with them.

Ahhhhhhh yes............. the GIFT that keeps on GIVING !!!!!!!!

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Call # 2 from Mike - and all I can hear is Joe beltin' out Ball Peen Hammer -  "and I can't stand it, I can't stand it ........ I can't wait to see them walls fallin' down ...... "

Or, did he say, "I can't stand it, no, I can't stand it ...... I can't wait to play at DO - HE - NY" ?

I can't be sure, you know, cell phone connections aren't all that clear.  smile

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Well - Mike called me, after the show was over - and, sadly, having NOT listened to my message, he was already on the road home - so, he didn't meet Joe, the guys, or any forum members, THIS time around.  That's the bad news.

The good news, is that he sounded EXACTLY like any first timer - you know, "OH MY GOD!!" and then the ever-ill-fated attempt to describe exactly HOW good Joe was, and WHO he sounded like, only, BETTER, you know........yes Mike, of course I know.  We only spoke for a moment, as he was fighting traffic.  I'll see if I can get a more complete report out of him, once he is able to fully retrieve the bottom portion of his jaw from his lower extremities, and he regains the ability to speak.

So - that's the HAPPY ENDING to my FIRST case of hey-let-me-tell-you-about-JOE-BONAMASSA-who's-about-to-appear-in-a-theatre-near-you-TRUST-ME-you-gotta-go-see-Joe-but-you-live-outta-state-so-I-can't-throw-you-in-the-car-and-take-you-myself-so-you're-just-gonna-have-to-trust-me-on-this-one.  And, of course, a beautiful night was had by all.  Well, of COURSE!!!  Didn't I say TRUST ME???!!!!

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Hi Libby,  Great result! So glad Mike enjoyed the show. What was he thinking though - leaving the room just to get a drink!! 

Tripsy smile

Yeah I did not see him.  I like your description of me wink

checkoutmyreview
descriptivewordscapefromme
IamfullofIT.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms