Re: Joe Bonamassa - the GIFT that keeps on GIVING

Just read your post Libby. It's a lovely story and thanks for sharing it.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Great story Libby!  smile

If heartaches were nickels
I'd be the richest fool alive

Libby,
I'm touched by your story, but not surprised. This truly IS an amazing place.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Group hug!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

bigjeffjones wrote:

Ok so let him pick out what he wants to wear.  Just tell us so we find him. lol

ornot
pbbbt

Okay Big Brother.  But ya gotta promise not to scare him with your crazy Dracula suit.

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Just wanted to say thank you for all your sweet responses to my little thread.  Just when a girl thinks her heart can't get any fuller or warmer.....it gets tickled with some more love from my friends.

Okay - I'm excited.  We're going to have dinner with Mike and his new old love TONIGHT!!!   I'm taking along a copy of Sloe Gin to prep him for Jacksonville (well.....y'all know it isn't REALLY possible to actually PREP someone for their first Joe show....but....you know what I mean).  I'll try to get a shot of them for you Brother Jeff so that you can give them a proper welcome should you spot them at the show.

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Dear sister Libby,

I just found the time to read all this and all I can say is - you couldn´t have said it all better. This place is really a miracle!
It attracts wonderul people as the light attracts butterflies smile
I´m very thankful for this forum and all the great friendships that have developed ..................... group hug?! smile
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((forum))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

And it´s so TRUE that you can almost hear the "eyebrows raise" when you start counting the syllables of something someone just said - to check if it could be a Haiku lol

Love you all,  Eva

BluesMan wrote:

You know Libby,

I was just reading your story over again and this passage really struck me:

"and, in the past year or two he reconnected with his high school sweetheart and is WILDLY HAPPY AND IN LOVE again"

Funny, LOVE and I do mean True LOVE, has a way of working wonders, doesn't it?

Roy

Hey Roy

Hate to change the subject but do you know where I can get speedos for my cat. He often sits reading what's new on the forum and has followed your speedo thread with interest.So much so that he is now pestering me for a pair of his own. He promises that if I get him a pair he will stop scratching the furniture. Worth a try!

millhouse big_smile:D:D:D

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Hi Libby. Thanks for posting your heartwarming story. You really are as warm and sunny as the state you live in.

Millhouse - What are you on man??!!!

Tripsy smile

Libby wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

Ok so let him pick out what he wants to wear.  Just tell us so we find him. lol

ornot
pbbbt

Okay Big Brother.  But ya gotta promise not to scare him with your crazy Dracula suit.

smile  Libby  smile

Oh no, Sugah.  I'll be one of the better dressed braves there, with a fine squaw on my arm.  tongue  It's all about hope and love and music.

The vampire only comes out once a year.  At one point that night, there was Dracula, a ghoul, a mermaid, Elvis and a wino on stage.

sendemtome
illlookoutforem

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

millhouse wrote:
BluesMan wrote:

You know Libby,

"and, in the past year or two he reconnected with his high school sweetheart and is WILDLY HAPPY AND IN LOVE again"

Roy

Hey Roy

Hate to change the subject but do you know where I can get speedos for my cat. He often sits reading what's new on the forum and has followed your speedo thread with interest.So much so that he is now pestering me for a pair of his own. He promises that if I get him a pair he will stop scratching the furniture. Worth a try!

Millhouse,
Maybe your cat would like one of these. This is what Roy is wearing nowadays.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/0 … 85164.html

Libby-nice post, I hope we get to meet at the RAH.  Cool about the mutual birthdates.  Lots of that old high school sweetheart stuff goin' around, my brother-in-law divorced a few years ago and married his high school sweetheart, who had never married...they just picked up where they left off 30 years ago.

The other day Love Is Everywhere came on the radio, it made me think of some of the good vibes from this forum.

People Can You Feel It, Love Is Everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOQWea2ZDs
not the best footage, but you get my drift smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Libby, great story! Encouraging to hear! Hope to see you at a Southern California Joe Concert soon! Maybe in Bakersfield?? We have a guy working on it.

Rod

bigjeffjones wrote:

At one point that night, there was Dracula, a ghoul, a mermaid, Elvis and a wino on stage.

Big Brother Count Jeffula - I LOVE TAKING LINES OUT OF CONTEXT!!!  Look at that beautiful line of yours standing on its own!!!  Bizzarrrrro!!!!  Oh, by the way, I'M a MERMAID - was I there?

Rod - I'll be at the Doheny Blues Festival, but, we don't have any other firm plans yet.  On another subject, weren't you recently lookin' for an XL T-shirt?  If so, email me.

Angela - Indeed, love IS everywhere.  smile

Everybody - Dinner with Mike and his newoldlove was fun.....lots of laughs......but, I started to get those looks, after about the 3rd time I mentioned Joe......you know.....the confused/concerned look of the yet-to-be-indoctrinated-educated-and-baptized......I could just see the little wheels turning in his head......."What is wrong with her?......why is she so concerned about whether or not I have my tickets to that Joe guy's show?.......Jeez......Now she's giving me a CD??"  Of course, WE all know, that about one minute into Joe's first song, MIKE will KNOW and all confusion and concern will be lifted from his mind and he will wonder how he could have ever doubted my persistent nudging............go toward the light Mike.......toward the light.  Tee Hee.  He'll get it all right.......a good dose of Bonamassa right between the eyes!!!

Big Brother Jeff, I will forward you a photo of Mike the Unindoctrinated, so that you can distinguish him from the other newbies with their chins on the floor and the dazed look of other-worldly experience on their faces.  Perhaps you can fit him with a bib for drool control, and, help him back into his seat should he fall over from the sheer excitement of it all.

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

ken wrote:
millhouse wrote:
BluesMan wrote:

You know Libby,

Roy

Hey Roy

Millhouse,

Maybe your cat would like one of these. This is what Roy is wearing nowadays.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/0 … 85164.html

Ken

You have to see a Doctor man that is just sick. My cat has now gone into therapy as he logged on before me!

Tripsy wrote:

Hi Libby. Thanks for posting your heartwarming story. You really are as warm and sunny as the state you live in.

Tripsy smile

Tripsy

Hey even a cat can wear speedos. He may even shave if he gets the right pair. Roy, check your wardrobe!

millhouse wrote:
Tripsy wrote:

Tripsy smile

Tripsy

Hey even a cat can wear speedos. He may even shave if he gets the right pair. Roy, check your wardrobe!

The images in my mind just keep getting more disturbing!!!

Et tu, Colin?  And Ken??  And, EVEN MY SWEET PETE?!?!  Say it ain't SO!!!  As for following orders gentlemen, I have two words for you.............Hale-Bopp. 

Stay true to the spirit of the thread and to yourselves.  We request that you refrain from your Captain's Speedo Mania and get back to the heretofore mentioned LOVEFEST.  tongue

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.