Topic: Two Frogs Ardmore, OK

Hello Folks,  It's 3AM and my son and I just got back from seeing Joe for the 4th time in 8 days.  Tonight was the best show yet for us.  You can tell Joe has a special feeling for the Two Frogs Grill and it's owner, Aubry Harris, because Joe, Mark & Bogie rocked the house tonight.  Joe changed up the set tonight and played The River on his red Chandler guitar which he literally put through the ceiling over the stage at the end of the song.  The closing number was an amazing version of Just Got Paid Today that made everyone get up on their feet and groove with the music.
The Two Frogs Grill is a great and small venue (capacity 200) that draws the biggest talent from all over.  It has hosted Peter Frampton, Ted Nugent, Dwight Yokum...more than I can possibly remember.  The walls are covered with autographed pictures and guitars from EVERYONE from Willie Nelson to Keith Richards.  Aubry has more interesting memorabilia than the Dallas Hard Rock in my opinion.  I wish I'd have discovered it long ago.  What seems to make the Two Frogs special, other than the great food and music, is Aubry.  He greeted most of the people by name and then remembered the names of the 1st timers to the place.  He's easy going and laid back and encourages all to have a great time.  I'm told he plays a mean guitar himself too but haven't yet had the pleasure.  If you're ever anywhere near Ardmore it's worth the drive there to eat some killer food and catch a great show.  He's got Johnny Winter & Eric Sardinas coming soon.
We hated watching Dennis Lesh and a few others loading up the equipment because we know Joe, Mark & Bogie are moving on to other parts of the country and then Europe soon and we won't see him again for a little while.
We did get some great pictures, saw lots of great new friends from the recent Joe shows, and made a new friend with Aubry who we'll be seeing again real soon for some other rocking acts.
I'll post some links to the pictures in the next few days.
Goodnight,
ZKat & son

2 (edited by rediman 2006-07-28 12:19:11)

Re: Two Frogs Ardmore, OK

Z man, was great seeing you guys again last night.  You're right, another killer show, even killed the electricity a few times lol  Aubry, PAY the damn BILL son!!! haha.  Love joking with him and he knows it.  I was lucky enough to be there early for the sound check, and got to visit with Joe and the guys for about 30 min before he went to relax before the show.   Aubry was a bit surprized, I think, when he asked how many had never seen Joe before, I saw about 15 hands in the crowd.  And Aubry can STILL work a crowd, got everyone on their feet to welcome Joe, just sorry to hear is going to be Joe's last show there at Two Frogs.   Next time will be at Heritage hall, much bigger, but he'll pack it, I'm sure.  Gonna go thru withdrawals now, Joe and the boys won't be back for a bit, but Bogey did hint, it might be sooner then we think, I know Aubry is planning on having Walter Trout there in Oct I think, maybe might have a guest appearance???  Ohhhhhh I can dream can't I?  Anyway, was a great show, and fantastic food, as always, even if was rushed a bit to finish and get out so everyone could be seated.

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

ZKat2, you're absolutely correct about Aubry bringing something special to the table. When I met him last year in CA, he and his beautiful wife stood out amongst all the others in the crowd. His love of music is more than a little apparent and I think it's why so many bands like heading to Two Frogs.

One of these days...

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

There was one VERY noticable person missing last night, Susan, she's been at every concert (almost) that I've been to, all the local ones anyway.  We missed your smiling face girl.

Barry

Thanks Barry!  Nice to be missed.  I was truly disappointed to miss it (everyone who knows me know that).  I've flown to Chicago and Ohio to see Joe and traveled as much as my time off and budget will let me and never been disappointed.  It's always a great show and Joe is so great to me.  I've been known to have a smile on my face quite a bit but when I'm at a live Joe show - you're looking at one happy lady!  Can't wait for the next one!  Take good care of yourself Joe - you're the best!   See you at the next show, Barry.

It was cool to meet new people..make new friends and see joe at microscopic range on stage!!!
Nice to meet z and where was Susan G? and where was JIM MOODY?
Band smokes, joe smokes...
what a Night!
can't wait for the next round!!!!!

I was hoping Mike would convey my regrets Aubry. Thursday was my recovery day after the Tulsa show. 23 hour day. I had planned on going I just couldn't recover in time. I heard from Mike W that it was over the top. Thanks for taking care of a friend.

he did!!
i just missed you being around!!

Yes, Jim, you were missed. We haven't seen you in a while and I hoped you would be there. We understand you worked hard on the Tulsa show and when you get to be 'our age', recovery takes longer.(ha-ha)
We'll see you next time. What about Robin Trower at the Granada end of Sept? Love to see you there.

Cion & Rick

Robin Trower is tempting but I think it s on a school night. I do have tix to EJ this Friday at the Granada. Maybe we'll see you there if you are going.

I got some recovery time in today. Just about back to normal.

Hey Jim, doesn't age just suck? hahaha, remember, my favorite saying is--I can rest when I'm DEAD!

Barry