Topic: New Fan on Board

I was checking out a CD in Barnes & Noble and looked down and saw Blues Deluxe.....stuck it under the scanner....turned the volume up!  My first thought was "How long have I been missing out on this?  How many CDs can I purchase to catch up???"  It has been my favorite  "ear candy" since that moment.  Went to work the next day raving to everyone...picked up a copy of the Datebook (local Des Moines publication) and was looking at upcoming concerts.  I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw that Joe was coming to the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake.....first thought....this is almost spooky....called Iowa Tix....made roadtrip.......ABSOLUTELY, UNDENIABLY FELL IN LOVE WITH THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC!!!!!!
Yes, it was way cool to meet him and everyone else in the entourage...they were all very kind and gracious......I have told ALOT of people about Joe's music since then.  Am trying to figure out how to get him to Des Moines, IA?????  I so want to hear a full concert, not just an opening act timeslot......it was not enough....Tesla didn't hold a candle to Joe's unlimited talent and musical genius.  What a rare musical gem!

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: New Fan on Board

Welcome to the magic that is JOE

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

WELCOME PATTY !

The first time I witnessed Joe was in Des Moines at BLUES ON GRAND 3.25.03.

I've seen him 15 times since and EVERY gig gets better-N-better. You should have been

here 7.15.06 for PLAYING WITH FIRE.  Joe WAS the fire !

<G>
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”  Theodore Roosevelt

<G> wrote:

WELCOME PATTY !

The first time I witnessed Joe was in Des Moines at BLUES ON GRAND 3.25.03.

I've seen him 15 times since and EVERY gig gets better-N-better. You should have been

here 7.15.06 for PLAYING WITH FIRE.  Joe WAS the fire !

I have been to BOG.  I would think that is a bit small for JBB, now.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Hi Patty and welcome to Joe's forum.
I was also at the Surf that night and as usual Joe and the band were amazing. As I posted earlier - and backed up by a post from Subbey - Joe may be back to headline a show at the Surf on December 1. I haven't seen it listed on the Surf's website or on Joe's tour page, but I sure hope it's true.

Hey, what a sweet way to come home from a hard days work and find some mail to read.  And I do so hope that the possibility of Joe at The Surf in December is a possibility.  My friends at work listen to me RAVE about him, but they just don't quite get the MAGIC of it all.  I am still hoping that whoever it was that took the picture of me with Joe after the concert sends a copy of it as they promised.  I have been to Blues on Grand and it is a smaller place, but it would be a nice intimate concert venue........I have a great friend named James Biehn, who is without a doubt the best guitarist in Des Moines, currently playing with Soapbox Prophets, who might be able to help come up with a venue for Joe.  I think he would be fabulous at the Civic Center or the Arena......the whole world needs to get it on with the main man......I do so wish that I was independently wealthy and could just travel the globe with him and the band......you are so fortunate in my book that you have gotten to see him 15 times...wow!!!!!

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Patty-Welcome Beatle fan to the Bonamassa message board! I am catching up on some forum reading and saw your other post in the street team.  We may share a special love for Sir Paul.  I saw Paul and Ringo on the last tour, not the current tour.  I didn't get as close to Paul as you, I don't think.  I was in the 5th row and it was a total thrill!!!  I'd seen him before, but not that close.  You may relate to this, many look at me funny when I say that seeing Paul perform up close like that was the highlight of my adult life, besides getting married and having three healthy children. I dedicated Joe's "Pain and Sorrow" to Paul for his 64th birthday; I feel sorry for him that he lost his true soulmate so young, I don't even want to discuss Heather...

Anyway, as a Beatle sidenote-today is the 35th Anniversary of Bangladesh; one of the Clapton fans I know sat in the first row in front of Eric, can't even imagine...Anyone interested in Rickenbacker guitars, very cool article in that same issue of Guitar World Joe is in, it's the 75th Anniversary. I  never knew Fender broke off to form his own company.  There is a spectacular black and white photo of John playing the Rickenbacker he played on The Ed Sullivan show.   Now, a long shot question/comment for any Beatle/Bonamassa fan...John Lennon frequently sings "well, well"... in many of his songs, to me it's sorta' like his trademark saying...Joe, being a bluesman, have you noticed how much he sings about his "baby"?  (as in his lady) Yeah, I know alot of bluesy guys sing about their babies, but Joe's way is an extra special dose of the blues! Cheers to all the Beatle/Bonamassa fans!!!  The heats getting to me, need to go jump in the ocean!

Welcome again Patty and e-mail me anytime you want to talk Paul or Beatles and Bonamassa!

From Patty's Street Team thread-"Well Barry you have got me by just a few years...I see you include the Beatles...did you see McCartney on tour?  I made my way down front with a bouquet of roses for him....was standing at his feet shaking like a true Beatle fan with one of my old Beatle cards in hand, really savoring the moment...and then there was Paul's personal security man in my face....the security at the arena wanted me to give him the flowers, but not the Incredible Hulk in front of me....asked me to lay them on the stage...returned to my seat...delighted at the end of the concert when Paul picked them up and waved them back and forth from the stage....devotion usually wins something in the end...."

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hey, what a sweet way to come home from a hard days work and find some mail to read.  And I do so hope that the possibility of Joe at The Surf in December is a possibility.  My friends at work listen to me RAVE about him, but they just don't quite get the MAGIC of it all.  I am still hoping that whoever it was that took the picture of me with Joe after the concert sends a copy of it as they promised.  I have been to Blues on Grand and it is a smaller place, but it would be a nice intimate concert venue........I have a great friend named James Biehn, who is without a doubt the best guitarist in Des Moines, currently playing with Soapbox Prophets, who might be able to help come up with a venue for Joe.  I think he would be fabulous at the Civic Center or the Arena......the whole world needs to get it on with the main man......I do so wish that I was independently wealthy and could just travel the globe with him and the band......you are so fortunate in my book that you have gotten to see him 15 times...wow!!!!!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/