Topic: New date posted on Tour Page - San Jose, CA - August 10 - Whoohoo!!

Good Morning Everybody!

HAPPY NEWS!  smile  Thought I'd peek at the Tour Date Page a second ago and lo and behold.....a new date in California.  smile  Check it out:

8/10/08 - San Jose, CA  - San Jose Jazz Festival - Blues Stage

http://www.jbonamassa.com/joe_bonamassa … mation.htm

smile  Libby  smile

It pays to stay up late!  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Re: New date posted on Tour Page - San Jose, CA - August 10 - Whoohoo!!

I'm really tring to contain myself...looks like the band is here in No. Cal at least 2 days in a row...think I'll go...OF COURSE I'M GOING!!...thats in downtown San Jose, good luck finding parking....stay tuned, I'm pretty sure Joes going to fill up that whole week in my backyard...I'm going to be wearing a neck tie (going into management) by that time, so I'm going to have to tweek the vacation calender so I can get off any day I need...:)

Dave

Don't forget I got a place for you and Deb to stay with me for Fire On The Mountain the day before in Sonora. I doubt you'll be able to drag me away from Pine Mtn. Lake to spend the day in The Pit, but if Joe's there you never can tell. I didn't think we'd go from Oroville to Santa Cruz either and I did it without a nap. You coulda been sippin' some B.R. Cohn with Joe and I on the patio at Moe's sleepyhead. Hundreds of miles never stopped us before.

I Smell Road Trip,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

OH, YEAH.........BABY!!!!!!!

Oh man!!....here we go again....just saw another show added...Sept 1st..."John Ascuaga's Nugget"....Sparks Nevada...let me see...WHAT???...they got Joe playing in the parking lot!!...come onnnnnn!!.....give the man some respect....I gitit, it's probably a huge gig with some other monsters on the bill...oh, alright then..PHEWWW...so we got Joe here Aug 9th, Aug 10th...and now Sept 1st...I likes!!...the farthest drive is 2 hours from my house...SWEET!....I just got a call from Jdawg...gave him the news...poor dude is stranded in a boat on the straits of the bay area...but it gets worse...he's out of beer, but I think he's already numb...he'll be just fine wink

Dave

6 (edited by keytothehighway 2008-08-08 09:14:40)

Crickets chirping on this thread since March?? I don't see a different thread about this anywhere else either.

Comin up in just 2 more short days - who's going?

I'll be there, and I've been spreading the word about this show - just $10 admission - can't believe our good luck to have Joe there. I'm really looking forward to this!!

Here's the link about Joe at San Jose Jazz Fest: http://festival2008.sanjosejazz.org/joe-bonamassa.html
and the schedule for the 3-day festival with many other acts you may like or may discover you like after you go see em! http://festival2008.sanjosejazz.org/schedule.html

Seriously? No one's going to this show?

IS THIS THING ON??  tongue

OK, well less competition stage front for me i guess!!

If u're planning to go please do reply.

keytothehighway wrote:

Sorry I can't get to Northern California after for this one.  You're gonna have to grab those front row seats and enjoy this one without me, after all.

I'm crackin' up looking at WHO opened this THREAD and WHEN she did it.  'Twas ME and  I was a mere 2-week old member at the time and just a WEE BIT ENTHUSIASTIC!!!  Imagine THAT!!??!!!

Have great fun!  The guys are sounding GREAT!  You may just get to hear that new song and Blues Deluxe too!!!

smile  Libby   smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Libby wrote:
keytothehighway wrote:

Sorry I can't get to Northern California after for this one.  You're gonna have to grab those front row seats and enjoy this one without me, after all.

I'm crackin' up looking at WHO opened this THREAD and WHEN she did it.  'Twas ME and  I was a mere 2-week old member at the time and just a WEE BIT ENTHUSIASTIC!!!  Imagine THAT!!??!!!

Have great fun!  The guys are sounding GREAT!  You may just get to hear that new song and Blues Deluxe too!!!

smile  Libby   smile

Would love to hear a new song - do you know the name of it? Can't wait! I'll post about the show tomorrow night.

keytothehighway wrote:

Would love to hear a new song - do you know the name of it?

SPIKE DRIVER BLUES ........ IT'S GREAT!!!!  Don't know if he'll put it into a festival lineup though, since his set list would be trimmed down ........

BTW - how's this for a coinkydink??!!!  I was out of town yesterday, at a co-ed baby shower and one of the guests I met is THE MUSIC EDITOR for the San Jose's Metroactive, the Silicon Valley's largest weekly newspaper ........ Sadly - he won't be back there in time for today's show, or an interview with Joe, BUT....... he did NOT get away from ME without me taking him into the study - pulling up the website, letting him watch a little JBTV, giving him a street team business card, and a VERY HEALTHY DOSE of MY ENTHUSIASM for THE BEST BLUES/ROCK GUITARIST ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!!!  I'll try to get them together the NEXT time Joe is in your town. 

Meanwhile - I made SURE that there were about 1/2 dozen new fans before I left the shower.  This crowd was VERY open and ripe for the pickin' !!!!!  You just NEVER KNOW where Joe's next fan will be found AND brought into the fold.......

smile  Libby  smile

Bill S.

Thanks Libby! I found out the title to the new song when i was at the show because before Joe came on, i was on the left side of the stage, facing this huge big case with a nice brass plate in that said 'Joe Bonamassa', with about a dozen shiny beautiful guitars in it.... all facing the wrong way for me to check them out - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! To the side of those was a bunch of setlists sitting in plain sight with Spike Driver Blues listed first - and he played it first and it was soooo cool!! I just now briefly peeked at the Spike Driver Blues thread here and looks like you've got some video posting to do.

I'm glad I took a peek at that thread because when I asked for a set list, Joe's guitar tech gave me his. it has notes in silver sharpie about which guitar, etc. and for Spike Driver Blues it says "barr" and i didn't get what that referred to till i saw that thread.

I'm wondering if anyone would know if the notes in silver sharpie on that set list would be written by Joe or his guitar tech.?

I also had the good fortune of meeting Daryl, Scott and Sue from the forum but didn't get all their forum names, just that Daryl is on the street team. Nice to meet you all - we got a fantastic show, eh?

I am wondering - is there some other thread about this show that many others have been posting on and i am completely missing?

Anyhow, more about the show and a setlist in my next post.

Good work on that music editor Libby - Joe promised he will be back to San Jose, so tell him to be ready - and tell him thanks for a great paper! I live about 15-20 miles from San Joe, (ooops - i'm not gonna even fix that typo after last night!!) but I check that paper out all the time for happenings.