Topic: Video taping

I noticed several video cameras at the Dayton show last week. What are JB’S rules for video taping his shows?

Re: Video taping

Feel free to tape and share..just don't tape and try to sell..JB has always had an open taping policy.

Tim

I think you are suppose to ask permission to video. Audio is always okay.

I read Joe's official taping policy and appreciate his willingness to allow his fans the opportunity to record his shows for posterity.

It plainly states that audio and still photography are acceptable, but I have seen numerous examples of video also with links on the forum pages.

The quality of current digital cameras is pretty good, but certainly does not compare to professional equipment such as that used to record the RockPalast DVD.

That being said, I would love to record Joe on my DVD Camcorder, but certainly do not want it snatched or possibly damaged by security for violating the rules.

It becomes kind of gray area when equipment such as the Sony unit I have is capable of not only still shots and video, but can also record in 5.1 surround sound (yeah, I know it is still a toy compared to commercial, but after all, this is supposed to be for personal use, right?).

For what it's worth, I was at the Dave Hole show in Las Vegas and there were several camcorders going and neither he nor the venue seemed to mind. Great guy, BTW and also worth seeing if you get the chance. Joe will be here in just over a week and I am ready to rock.

Nothin' but the Blues