Re: To all the Newbies

Welcome to all the new members and you are blessed to discover Joe he is the most talented player out there.Enjoy

Bonamassin

Oh my!! I considered giving personal welcomes, but I can't stand to be on the computer that long. But, a big welcome to you all. As you'll see, this place is hopping most of the time. Every person's input matters. We used to talk about having a gathering of fans including a jam. I now think we include so many guitar players it would take weeks  big_smile  Just remeber it's Joe's house and children visit also. OK..Strap in and hit play.    Cathy

Hello Everyone,

I've been listening to Joe's music for awhile now. I particularly like the way in which he's something of a throwback to players like Clapton and Kossoff. I really enjoy his tone and unique phrasing, and I'm looking forward to learning more on this site.

G'day All, Recently caught the Bonamassa gig in Sydney Aust. (The Factory Club 0n the 31st of last month before he went to Byron Bay Blues Festival).
I had travelled from Hobart Tasmania to catch his gig with some friends I have in New South Wales.
I was blown away by the mans' ability, not only as a Guitar player (which is something else) but as a showman and singer. Come on down to Tassie Joe (or at least back to Aust.) soon!!!

Just want to say hello...I was the lucky guitar winner of Thursday night's show at the Town Hall in NYC. As if the show wasn't enough, I also had the privilege of a "meet & greet" with Joe and having the guitar autographed! The first time I saw Joe play was 20 years ago in Asbury Park as an opener for Little Feat. He was only 12 and he blew me away even back then!

HELLO WORLD!! Once again I'm slow to say welcome. Luckily there's always a Bonabuddy or two watching the door. Thanks for joining and sharing your stories, opinions, and expertise. Enjoy!    Cathy

Hello folks!!  Just getting my feet back on the ground after about 800 mile roadtrip, 2 shows (D.C. and Hunnington W.V.) and a great time with my best friend that welcomed me to "Smokin Joe" about 3 years ago....WOW!!  Everyone of you guys I have met at and around shows, have been great. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the next show I attend..Slante

Hey, welcome all you new members! There has been a big surge lately with the release of Black Rock and the tour. Keep on posting and enjoy all the world of Joemania.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

153 (edited by RickB 2010-05-11 07:33:57)

Hi #1kyfan. Here are some answers. Just mine, not official.
1. The forum clock is, sadly, broken again. (rumor has it that each time Starship Bonamassa hits warp speed, the clock goes haywire)  lol If you don't log on, it references C.U.T. (used to be Greenwich). Under settings, you can set the local offset to correct your displayed time to your local. For some reason, it has reverted to it's old variation. so, for instance, I, in California, have to set an offset to somewhere in China to get a display close to correct. The error in minutes is uncorrectable and is about 12 minutes. (I just edited to see if that is close and it is.)
2. The Avatar signature metal changes as you accumulate more posts, topping out at Bonametal at 1000 posts. It changes automatically. You'll figure it out if you post often. I happen to be one of the latecomers to that hoary clan, likened to a whelp by the true ancients.  yikes  roll  big_smile  tongue (still frisky)
3. You can tag a post and receive em responses. As to ticket sales releases, the best way I've found is to follow Joe's tweets where Rog will post updates, and to frequently check this forum. There is an unofficial sticky where the latest news and rumors of shows are posted by forum members. Shows are often common knowledge far before they are posted on Joe's official site, but are never sure things until they are officially announced. Ticket presales are announced here and by tweets, and on Joe's facebook page sometimes.
As an aside, raving Bonamania is not only accepted here, it is encouraged. There is no such thing as an over-the-top accolade concerning The Man. We all are more or less afflicted.
Hope that helps. For general newbie guidelines, read the welcome sticky. Now that you've found us, post often, we love company.  smile
Rick

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hi, nice to see you all here !
I first read about Joe in Rock Classic mag and was intrigued, so seeing his name on the Byron Bay Fest list helped me decide my days at the fest. Well I was totally blown away, the sound, the presence & the voice !!! saw him again on the Sunday and my old fav Jeff Beck took second place for me , sorry jeff!
I've been playing  Black Rock ... then Ballad for J.H. lollllllllll... to death ...
I'm slowly working my way through his catalogue backwards !!
I've now got a few friends hooked on Joe, one seeing him end of May in Birmingham lollll !

#1kyfan wrote:
RickB wrote:

Hi #1kyfan. Here are some answers. Just mine, not official.
1. The forum clock is, sadly, broken again. (rumor has it that each time Starship Bonamassa hits warp speed, the clock goes haywire)  lol If you don't log on, it references C.U.T. (used to be Greenwich). Under settings, you can set the local offset to correct your displayed time to your local. For some reason, it has reverted to it's old variation. so, for instance, I, in California, have to set an offset to somewhere in China to get a display close to correct. The error in minutes is uncorrectable and is about 12 minutes. (I just edited to see if that is close and it is.)
2. The Avatar signature metal changes as you accumulate more posts, topping out at Bonametal at 1000 posts. It changes automatically. You'll figure it out if you post often. I happen to be one of the latecomers to that hoary clan, likened to a whelp by the true ancients.  yikes  roll  big_smile  tongue (still frisky)
3. You can tag a post and receive em responses. As to ticket sales releases, the best way I've found is to follow Joe's tweets where Rog will post updates, and to frequently check this forum. There is an unofficial sticky where the latest news and rumors of shows are posted by forum members. Shows are often common knowledge far before they are posted on Joe's official site, but are never sure things until they are officially announced. Ticket presales are announced here and by tweets, and on Joe's facebook page sometimes.
As an aside, raving Bonamania is not only accepted here, it is encouraged. There is no such thing as an over-the-top accolade concerning The Man. We all are more or less afflicted.
Hope that helps. For general newbie guidelines, read the welcome sticky. Now that you've found us, post often, we love company.  smile
Rick

Thank you, Rick! Wow! I better get posting because I am really late. To know me is to know I never back down from a challenge, only 995 more posts to go!!!! Guess I will be frequenting the "What are you listening to?" topic,  I actually enjoyed scrolling through it briefly, reminded of some things I haven't listened to in awhile.  I guess I am going to have to join this decade and get on Twitter although I can say it will be further on up the road:) Lastly, still learning the cast of characters, Rog is? I know I had something from the FB fan page in my news feed regarding the hat from Rog. Thank you again for the warm welcome and all of the help!!! Have a bright sunshiny day:)

I'll add for you and other new fans to here that you don't need to be an active tweeter, just sign up online and follow Joe to get his latest tweets. He also frequently checks in and reads his forum and even posts and answers questions from time to time. He's most frequently seen on the gear section where the guitar tribe hangs out. There is an active group on other artists where one can learn of new hot groups from around the world as well as show dates and tours. Off topics is a free for all on a lot of stuff as well as general stuff not covered in the other areas.
Rick

tate1313 wrote:

Hello folks!!  Just getting my feet back on the ground after about 800 mile roadtrip, 2 shows (D.C. and Hunnington W.V.) and a great time with my best friend that welcomed me to "Smokin Joe" about 3 years ago....WOW!!  Everyone of you guys I have met at and around shows, have been great. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the next show I attend..Slante

Somehow I missed your post, welcome brother!  More road trips to come this fall!!

Hello! A new fan here! Hope I'm welcome here! smile

Once again, to all newbies - this topic was intended as one where existing members could regularly (or not) welcome whole clutches of new members rather than responding to every introductory topic.

We urge new members to start a new topic for their introduction, rather than posting it in here, where it can get a bit lost.

So anyway, a big, warm welcome to all new posters. Please continue to post after your introduction, just dive right in.  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

hello everybody, i'm a newbie here but a real bona fan . i'm france and i saw joe live in july in nimes. fantastic moment.

Hi my name is Julia and I come from the Netherlands
i'm 17 years old and I play guitar.
I love blues and  joe bonamassa ofcourse big_smile

thanks for the warm welcome smile

cathysiler wrote:

HELLO WORLD!! Once again I'm slow to say welcome. Luckily there's always a Bonabuddy or two watching the door. Thanks for joining and sharing your stories, opinions, and expertise. Enjoy!    Cathy

So many new members..WOW!! Are we having fun yet?? A deep welcome to you all. This is a great community. Everybody matters, so share away!   Cathy

Juliavandewarenburg wrote:

Hi my name is Julia and I come from the Netherlands
i'm 17 years old and I play guitar.
I love blues and  joe bonamassa ofcourse big_smile

thanks for the warm welcome smile

Beste Julia, zoals ik een stukje eerder hier schreef, het is beter als je als niuwe lid een eigen topic opent om jezelf voor te stellen, da krijg je meer aandacht.

A big welcome to another Dutch poster, especially such a young one! Why not get your dad to sign up too if he's also a Joe fan?  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith