Re: To all the Newbies

I've been a Joe fan for sometime, but just now joining the forum. I live in Rocky Face, Georgia USA and rock n'roll and I are the same age! Just saw my 3rd Joe show in Greenville, SC in December. I had a fortunate street meeting with the great Rick Melick and Carmine Rojas before the show. I am a drummer, but Joe plays the blues drenched music I fell in love with from Clapton, Beck, Page and the lot just as I got it first hand as it made it's way across the Atlantic in the 60's. I have heard and seen most every musical fad, trend, big act, little act that's come down the pike, but what Joe does really brings back the excitement I felt when I first heard the music that I love so much!  Thanks Joe, Rick, Carmine and Tal and I look forward to new music in 2013, and I hope to see you down the road somewhere as well.

Hello LM, and welcome to the Forum.  You will be in Bona Nirvana here amongst the greatest Joe fans ever.

How about going over to the Introductions section and start your own thread there?  and keep us up to date on all your Joe shows.

You will enjoy it here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Greetings all from Christine in Connecticut. Saw Joe twice last year in Hartford and in Springfield. Have all his recordings and am so happy that someone my age is putting out such great stuff without all the drama of the usual star/recording artist. Would love to meet some Joe fans in my area!

238 (edited by bump827 2013-02-17 16:34:15)

Hello. Joined about one month ago. Saw Joe at Crossroads in 2010 and will see him two nights at the Beacon in May. Managed to purchase two lithographs from here so far and hoping for the "it goes to 11" one if I can find a seller. I'm going back next month to take guitar lessons after a long absence.

Alan

to all the newbies who joined in the last year, welcome .... :coo:

its a great time to be into Joe, so much going on right now, cranking up his new 2013 tour with the addition of Arlan and loads of new stuff and songs happening at the live shows.

Plus you have lots of releases planned soon ..  The Acoustic Show from Vienna  being released on DVD / Blu Ray / CD / and Vinyl too  with Joe and Beth Hart's mostly anticipated 2nd Album release coming out soon late spring/early summer  backed up by their foray out onto stage together for their first full live shows, should be smouldering soulful concerts

with the London 4 Shows being DVD'd as well as The Amsterdam Joe/Beth Show expect more releases later this year.

so soak it all up everyone and enjoy the ride

.............. Michael

ps    Joe did say way back      "Always On The Road"   lol

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

I can't tell you how great it is to see so many new names. The beauty of this community is somebody will come along pretty quickly to welcome you and talk all things Joe. Every year is a bigger, better ride, so buckle up and enjoy!!   Cathy

The 'new' JBXP takes some getting use to, e.g. being considered a 'newbie' when we were here at the beginning of the original JBXP is one, but we'll get through it. Just wanted to say "HEY!" and explain to the old JBXP friends' that I would have shown up sooner had I not had a severe PC crash, but I'm back now!

Hi, ...I'm J.D. and I'm a Bonaholic. ((( Hello J.D.! ))) Thank you!  ...Do you find yourself wanting to listen to Joe at lunch-time? ....Are you having to sneak in a tune by Joe? ...Do you find you must listen to Joe before 5:00? ...Do you wake up dreaming about Joe's "Woke Up Dreaming"? ...Do you listen to Joe alone!? ....You too are showing signs of being a Bonaholic, but admitting this is the first step. The second step is joining JBXP! ...And the third step is receiving your free download of "Driving Towards The Daylight" ....enjoy!

J.D., so nice you found us here!  Welcome to an "oldie".

You will enjoy it here with us in Bonanation too!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Thanks for the welcome.  I found Joe on PBS and fell in love with his music.  It truly touched my soul and I have been obsessed ever since.  I am an old woman with a new love!  Thanks Joe!

J.D. Gragg wrote:

Hi, ...I'm J.D. and I'm a Bonaholic. ((( Hello J.D.! ))) Thank you!  ...Do you find yourself wanting to listen to Joe at lunch-time? ....Are you having to sneak in a tune by Joe? ...Do you find you must listen to Joe before 5:00? ...Do you wake up dreaming about Joe's "Woke Up Dreaming"? ...Do you listen to Joe alone!? ....You too are showing signs of being a Bonaholic, but admitting this is the first step. The second step is joining JBXP! ...And the third step is receiving your free download of "Driving Towards The Daylight" ....enjoy!

Well said smile

jillfyffe wrote:

Thanks for the welcome.  I found Joe on PBS and fell in love with his music.  It truly touched my soul and I have been obsessed ever since.  I am an old woman with a new love!  Thanks Joe!

From one oldie to another, love of joe is a good thing

Hello all,

I got things a bit backwards in that I had to write a couple of posts to the Fall 2013 tour thread before I got to introduce myself.

If it hadn't of been for the Pittsburgh PBS station, I may never have heard of Joe.  Sure glad nothing else was on TV and I was station surfing when I came across Joe playing "John Henry."  Wow!  After that one, I was hooked.   First concert was Columbus last October. 

I'm considering joining the Street Team but gees, Joe's getting mighty famous these days.  Still, it would be good to contribute a little to his success.  Aside from the fact that Joe's a TREMENDOUS guitar player, he also seems like just a nice guy.  For me, that's a big tipping point as to whether and how much money I spend on an artist. 

Anyway, good to be onboard and I hope to contribute to the forum in the future.

248 (edited by sally12333 2013-04-20 12:04:26)

Rogue wrote:

If it hadn't of been for the Pittsburgh PBS station, I may never have heard of Joe.

Same here, Rogue! 

Hope to meet you, a fellow 'burgher, soon.  At least in Cleveland in November!

Great to have you here among Joe's best fans!

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Rogue wrote:

Anyway, good to be onboard and I hope to contribute to the forum in the future.

Welcome to Bonamassaville! You're already contributing just by joining. Glad to have you...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Hi Joe,

Wanna thank the team for a great show last night at Temple. Thanks Joe for keeping a great thing going. Like the guy said, don't go walking around North Philly!!

DDIFABIO wrote:

Hi Joe,

Wanna thank the team for a great show last night at Temple. Thanks Joe for keeping a great thing going. Like the guy said, don't go walking around North Philly!!

Hi DDIFABIO, and welcome to the Forum!  Nice to have you here among Joe's biggest fans.

How about going over to the Introduction section and tell us about yourself, and how you came to discover Joe!

You will enjoy yourself here.

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi and follow Sally's advice. Enjoy the company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)