Re: To all the Newbies

Pittsburgh1 wrote:

Hi, as I put on another post I'd like to hear Joe play more songs from his earlier music.  He never plays "miss you hate you" now.  I just don't get it.  All his songs on "a new day yesterday" are in my opinion his best CD he's done.  Please Joe play some of these songs.  They are fan favorites and they/we would love to hear them.  I am attending 2 concerts this year so hopefully it will happen.  Keep Rockin!  Joe you're the man!!

Welcome Pittsburgh. There's no going back. If the older songs show up, they've been reworked, and quit well I'll add. wink Cathy

Fred..love the avatar wink  Nothing wrong with not being a player. I think you listen in a more pure fashion. To everyone else, welcome and thanks for sharing. We appreciate every member.  Cathy

Pages of new members are a beautiful thing. The general theme is "How did I miss Joe all these years?" It goes to show the power big companies have regarding what music is made available to the masses. But we all know the cream floats to the top. The beauty of it all is that you just need exposure to that tone, and if you "get it", you're in smile  Better yet, nobody owns Joe, but Joe. The power of word of mouth, and Indie labels fight back!     So welcome to the forum, there's magic here smile      Cathy

Hi Cathy  I'm new to all of this forum stuff any info would be useful.  I listen to Joe at some point everyday and am keen to know if any of you have actually met him yet ?  He's getting really big in the UK (Europe etc)  Guess he's as big in the USA too.
Anyway as I said any info or background on how to ue this forum would be great, Thanks Craig

gojoefan wrote:

Hi Cathy  I'm new to all of this forum stuff any info would be useful.  I listen to Joe at some point everyday and am keen to know if any of you have actually met him yet ?

Hi, Craig!  Welcome to the Forum!  There's no right way to use this place, just poke around and have fun...and feel free to jump into these conversations if you like...

As for whether any of us have met Joe, keep an eye on peoples' avatars...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

gojoefan wrote:

Hi Cathy  I'm new to all of this forum stuff any info would be useful.  I listen to Joe at some point everyday and am keen to know if any of you have actually met him yet ?  He's getting really big in the UK (Europe etc)  Guess he's as big in the USA too.
Anyway as I said any info or background on how to ue this forum would be great, Thanks Craig

Welcome Craig!
I have to laugh because I understand your "new to this forum stuff". I was too when I joined thus the real name for user name. I had NO idea. In fact I've learned most of my computer "skills" here. lol  No worries. Coach is right. Just have fun. There is a thread re:posting guidelines for more clarity.
As for meeting Joe. MANY forum members have met Joe. There are folks here who have been fans since the early days. Joe has depended on fans to spread the word and has always been approachable. As he's gotten bigger it's harder for him to sit down and have a drink with fans after the show, but he does try to spend some time at the tour bus giving autographs, taking pics, etc.
I hope this helps wink     Cathy

Welcome to all recent enlistees smile  Each new member is valued, and, as you see, gets at least one personal greeting from the wonderful folks in this community. Please feel at home and enjoy!    Cathy

Hello everyone!  I found Joe B while listening to Pandora.  I clicked on my Kenny Wayne Shephard channel and Joe B was the second song playing. *Who Killed John Henry* I ran across the room to check out who was playing...  and I looked at the name and thought "Bona Who? "  wink   I Googled him, YouTubed him, and I was instantly a fan.  I ordered his Live From Nowhere CD and have created fans out of many family members, friends, and Facebook "friends".   Since then, I've picked up several more CDs and they play basically all day.... on the PC, on my IPhone, Ipod, etc... 

Ive been playing guitar (really old crappy ones) since I was 11 yrs old.  No formal training, just listening to Stairway to Heaven a million times until I could play it. smile * Like most of you too I'm sure.   In the past several years, I havent really played much.  I miss it terribly and made a decision to start playing again.  So, this past weekend, My husband and I were going to tag sales and pawn shops and I found a used Epi Les Paul Std. In beautiful shape! It had really easy action and sounded great but needed a little fixing.  I took it into Guitar Center in Manchester CT  and they fixed it in 5 minutes!  I turned around to walk away from the repair desk and THERE IT WAS!!  A beautiful gold shiny JB Les Paul!  I knew I wasn't leaving the store without it.

After working out a trade for the one in my hand (I hadn't really developed a relationship with that guitar yet so I didn't mind giving it up.. ), and adding in a coupon, I managed to get the price down to what I could afford and now that JB is MINE !  smile

I brought it home, but I can't hook it up to the amp yet because everyone is sleeping here.... sad

Anyway....  I'll be getting back to what I love to do...  playing guitar... now with one I can actually Play!  The others will make fine scrap wood for the fire smile **evil smile**. 

Joe, if you read this, keep up the great work. Your music is awesome and inspiring.

Louise K  from Holyoke MA

Hi , welcome and you will love the guitar. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I think I see a few of my Bonanation friends from FB here.
Hi to all my fellow Joe fans. I don't feel like the lone Joe fan any more! Good to know others are obsessed
with Joe also. Cuz, I am!

Once again I'm having trouble keeping up with the influx of members, which is a good thing. Welcome to all. The beauty of this place is at least one member will notice a new member and greet them. Everybody matters here. Glad to have all of you aboard wink  Cathy

Hi Everyone.  I found Joe while posting to my nephew's FB page and decided to check out his music and was immediately hooked. I then saw he was coming to my city for a concert around my birthday and decided to treat myself. That was the 11/16/12 show in Rochester where I now live but I am from Joe's hometown (well the otherside of town known as E. Utica..grew up there)  The concert now over I found myself wanting more so found his website, more music, this forum and looking forward to my next concert. Great thing the Internet cause it leads us to great things like here.  I'm still new to Joe's music so can't say I have any favorites..but so far love Slow Train. Been listening to iHeart radio and the Joe Bonamassa channel of course.  Now I am becoming a big fan.

Hey everyone. i'm a newbie too. i was only introduced to Joe Bonamassa for a year now. and i can't stop listening to his music. he's so talented.  i never never ever thought that anyone would replace Stevie Ray Vaughan as my favourite guitarist, but i think Joe did make him my second! Joe became my fav.  Joe rocked and still rocks my world and he helped me with his music in so many ways. like many of you i'm sure.
i'm so excited to share my thoughts and feelings of Joe's music with you all. i'm sure that you guys will be my best friends.

Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line...

Hey there I've just started listening to some of Joe's stuff - really intrigued by the solo's so looking into scales he uses - looks to be many, minor major switching modes, etc. I've been playing for 30 years and I've hit the "Joe guitar ceiling" as far as breaking down his solo's. SRV you can break down -JB not so easily. Just Got Paid at Albert Hall '09 really explodes -wow Cliffs of Dover- esque. Like his dad's comment in Albert hall dvd that yeah Joe has amazing talent but he has practiced a ton.  Paid his dues alright. 
Bill

Hartford82 wrote:

Hey there I've just started listening to some of Joe's stuff - really intrigued by the solo's so looking into scales he uses - looks to be many, minor major switching modes, etc. I've been playing for 30 years and I've hit the "Joe guitar ceiling" as far as breaking down his solo's. SRV you can break down -JB not so easily. Just Got Paid at Albert Hall '09 really explodes -wow Cliffs of Dover- esque. Like his dad's comment in Albert hall dvd that yeah Joe has amazing talent but he has practiced a ton.  Paid his dues alright. 
Bill

Hey Hartford, welcome to the Forum.  You will enjoy being with all us obsessed Joe fans!

There are a ton of talented guitar players on here that can help with your technical questions and chime in with your comments.  There are Joe tab books available on his web site store as well.

Have fun - nice having you here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi and welcome also. Enjoy the forum and jump in when you feel like it. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

The influx continues and all our borders remain wide open smile  Welcome to every new member. This is a wonderful community and I hope each of you feel at home. Get cozy wink     Cathy

Hello everybody! I'm from São Paulo, Brazil. Saw Bonamassa live in São Paulo last year, it was amazing.
I also just bought a JB Studio and I'm really happy about it.
I have a band too, we've played in Lollapalooza 2012 in Brazil, I'm really proud of our work:
http://balls.com.br/
We sing in Portuguese, and we are on the classic rock kind of style.
Sorry about the self promotion here guys, it's easy for me to get carried away.

Regards,

Fernando Gargantini