Re: To all the Newbies

cathysiler wrote:

Wow! New members are coming at record rates..Welcome!! As I'm sure you've noticed, we (forum members), do try to give each of you a warm welcome. If we've missed anyone, sorry! Just want you to know we are all equals. Your opinions and ideas are valuable. Don't worry about proper grammar, spelling or any of that..We're international and just glad we can communicate in the shared language of Joe. Number of posts also means nothing. Many of those are greetings to new members. Best of all you can't be too Joe obsessed! It is encouraged here! Again, welcome. Take some time to read past threads. I'm old, well versed in music and yet have learned more on this site than any other resource!  Cathy

Just saw Joe last night in Detroit
First time
All that I expected and more

I'm embarrassed to have let such a long time pass without saying welcome to everybody. All the sentiments remain the same.  I found this post from Joe that I think shows the growth of this forum.   smile   Cathy

5-20-2006:
I have been keeping track of the new members everyday.. We register between 5 and 10 new forum people every day. At that pace we will have over a thousand by the end of the year.  I think in the last two weeks we have almost 100 new members.  I think thats very cool. Remember the old forum was up for 4 years this is about a month and a half we are going at a very good pace.
Joe Bonamassa

newbie here, saw Joe for the first time in Oakland and he rocked it all night, Thanks Joe and Band, keep up the crazy touring 200 shows this year WOW, but hit the west coast more please

cathysiler wrote:

Wow! New members are coming at record rates..Welcome!! As I'm sure you've noticed, we (forum members), do try to give each of you a warm welcome. If we've missed anyone, sorry! Just want you to know we are all equals. Your opinions and ideas are valuable. Don't worry about proper grammar, spelling or any of that..We're international and just glad we can communicate in the shared language of Joe. Number of posts also means nothing. Many of those are greetings to new members. Best of all you can't be too Joe obsessed! It is encouraged here! Again, welcome. Take some time to read past threads. I'm old, well versed in music and yet have learned more on this site than any other resource!  Cathy

Time to say Hello and Welcome again. It's TOUR TIME!!!! Please remember to come back and give us show reviews. We're starved for news!    Cathy

I just got back home late yesterday from a trip down to Jamaica.  On the way, while waiting to depart at the airport...my wife bought me a Classic Rock magazine.  T'was the 'Joe' issue.  I vaguely remembered him from back when he was a wee bit of a lad but had forgotten all about him.

Needless to say the entire article was a VERY interesting read.

Around the 2nd maybe 3rd day in Jamaica I thought that I'd throw on the CD which accompanied the magazine. 

WOW!!!!!  [and then some]

Pretty darned amazing material...spread out over almost a decade.  Terrific songs and excellent performances.  Stunning arrangements.  I thought that truly great music was all but done for.

Wrongo.

I am now a confirmed fan.  I couldn't stop playing the disc and now I've come here to buy more Bonamassa.

I hope that that marketing avenue [Classic Rock mag] rains nothing but positive rewards Joe's way.  A brilliant strategy for reaching those who just didn't know.

I hope I posted in the right spot.  'Intros to all the Newbies' seemed like a logical place to kick off this relationship.

Lee Marshall wrote:

I just got back home late yesterday from a trip down to Jamaica.  On the way, while waiting to depart at the airport...my wife bought me a Classic Rock magazine.  T'was the 'Joe' issue.  I vaguely remembered him from back when he was a wee bit of a lad but had forgotten all about him.

Needless to say the entire article was a VERY interesting read.

Around the 2nd maybe 3rd day in Jamaica I thought that I'd throw on the CD which accompanied the magazine. 

WOW!!!!!  [and then some]

Pretty darned amazing material...spread out over almost a decade.  Terrific songs and excellent performances.  Stunning arrangements.  I thought that truly great music was all but done for.

Wrongo.

I am now a confirmed fan.  I couldn't stop playing the disc and now I've come here to buy more Bonamassa.

I hope that that marketing avenue [Classic Rock mag] rains nothing but positive rewards Joe's way.  A brilliant strategy for reaching those who just didn't know.

I hope I posted in the right spot.  'Intros to all the Newbies' seemed like a logical place to kick off this relationship.

Welcome Lee!! You're the first to say you found Joe due to Classic Rock. MANY fans remember their first Joe experience. Blown away is the general response smile You are in for a great ride here on the Bonamassa Train. He is all that and a bag of chips wink Thanks for joining and have fun!!!     Cathy

Lee Marshall wrote:

First of all, welcome Lee! We all thought that was a fantastic article and a very well selected cd. You should feel right at home.

Unlike Cathy, who is a well spoken young lady and always careful with her words, I just steam right in... wink

Actually, this topic is/was intended for established members to be able to 'group greet', since we have periods when lots of new members join up, making it hard to welcome them all individually. Since this isn't one of those periods, I would encourage you to copy your post above, and start a new topic to introduce yourself. You're also likely to get more personal responses with a separate topic than you will with your post buried in here.

I'll remove your post above once you start a new topic. Enjoy!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

As a newcomer to the forum but an old JB fanatic I just wanted to say hi to everybody as this is my first posting on the forum. I am a Brit now living in Thailand and wonder when JB will be coming over here to play. I have seen him many times in the UK, as well as Black Country Communion, and miss the live perfomances so much. I noticed in the JB issue of classic rock that he would be coming to Thailand sometime in September. Can anyone confirm this as I would like to ensure I am around if and when he does come here.
I have been a blues/rock fan for more years than I care to remember and, without a shadow of a doubt, JB has put the energy and verve back into this genre of music - and long may it continue.
Dave

Hi Dave, welcome!

Please see my comment to the previous poster just above yours, and consider starting a separate topic for your intro - that way you'll certainly attract more reactions. I believe that you're our first member living in Thailand! wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Hey everyone! I live in Dallas. I haven't been a Joe fan for very long, but I feel as though I have been listening to his music for a long time. The boy can play! I first heard of him through my husband. He saw the Royal Albert Hall show n our local PBS station. He immediately bought the DVD and CD. Then he shard them with me. I was hooked from the very first song. I am building up my Joe library on my iPod. We are looking forward to seeing him in Dallas on October 30.

Peace and love

hi everyone, im a new member to the group but a fan of JB for the last 3 years.  my fiance and myself had the great pleasure to have met joe at a meet and greet when he played in philly last nov.  un fortunatly i became starstruck being in the presence of greatness.  wanted to shar with joe his personnel affect on my life.   in sept of 2010 i had lost my son to suicide,it was and still remains the worst thing to ever have to live thru. for months i had no direction ,felt like a soul just adrift, depressed all the time. every time i would look at pictures or think of my son i couldnt keep it together.  one night while trying to figure out how to forward with my life i was listening to JB (which happens at least once a day in this house) when "asking around for you " from the royal albert hall album came on, cant explain how my body fell into total tranquility,  it was a feeling that i hadnt felt in a very long time. i didnt say it that night but i can say it now . THANK YOU JOE!!!! just goes to show that one person and there passion can change anything in life.  so now to pay it forward i will join to spread the word of this incredable  musician  .thanks for listening to this old man and keep on rockin on

Hi to both of you. Just home from a Joe gig at Sheffield. Awesome, but what do you expect. Have a good time at the forum. Full of friendly folks.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

cathysiler wrote:

I

Hi, as I put on another post I'd like to hear Joe play more songs from his earlier music.  He never plays "miss you hate you" now.  I just don't get it.  All his songs on "a new day yesterday" are in my opinion his best CD he's done.  Please Joe play some of these songs.  They are fan favorites and they/we would love to hear them.  I am attending 2 concerts this year so hopefully it will happen.  Keep Rockin!  Joe you're the man!!

Time to drag out the welcome mat again!!! Thanks to you all for signing up and sharing!!! It's hard to keep up, but members do try to give a personal hello to each of you. PLEASE know each fan's opinions are as valid as the next and we look forward to your comments, especially show reviews wink   Cathy

New to the forum but not new to JB.  Discovered JB a little over two years ago on XM and through the miracle of internet radio.  Really caught my ear and after I got tuned in I found myself asking myself 'why have I never heard of this guy?'.  I was even more dumfounded when I discovered how long he has been around.  Shortly after discovery I saw where Joe was coming to Bass Hall in Ft. Worth.  Got tickets and went to the show.  WOW!!  I was all JB hook, line and sinker after that.  Signed up for the emails and thought that I was in the club.  (More about that later.)  Then Joe came to Dallas last February.  Another great show.  BTW, Joe told a story about a fan that had stopped him on the street the year before in FW and said Dallas is the place to play.  So presumably heeding that particular fans advice last years show was in Dallas.  Joe, take it from me, Bass Hall in Ft. Worth is THE place to play around here.  Now, to this years show - which is in Dallas again.  The Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas is OK, but it aint no Bass Hall.  Anyway, got the email about tickets going on sale on the 6th.  I'm fired up.  Then I subsequently discover there is a pre-sale.  Man, I thought I was in the club - where's my pre-sale password?  I had even signed up for JBXP on March 15, 2011 and thought I was even more in the club than I had been before.  Then I discovered you have to be registered on the forum to get the presale passwords.  Say it aint so Joe!  I thought JBXP had me in like Flint.  Where as before I was just waiting it out for the Dallas tickets to go on sale now I am beleagueredly waiting for tickets to go on sale because this is the general public sale, not the pre-sale.  Moderator, please make it clear to any future Bonaholics what all you have to be registered for to get the good stuff.   And next year Joe, go back to Ft. Worth!!  Bass Hall cant be beat!  I will be looking for my presale password email for next years show.

I only discoverd Joe after seeing him on Sound Stage Royal Albert Hall . So I was hooked , imagine that.  Im 63 years old and love Blues / rock. But Joe has a fusion of other influences going on in his music. I will say that , I have NEVER EVER heard anything like his live performances . I have to be honest here and say this , I of course enjoy listening to him i.e. cd's , radio . But the deal for me is the whole package , visual and sound . Its a dynamic , energy filled performance the likes of which I have not experienced in over 45 years of concert going . Keep it coming Joe and more covers are welcome too. Every cover I have heard Joe do is better then the original artists version. Now that is saying something . Speaking of cover songs , I think Joe would absoulutely slay Bob Seigers ( LOVE TO WATCH HER STRUT ) , think about it for a minuet . Its a rouser and no one rouses like Mr. Bonamassa . Im a fan , thats for sure.

Hey All, another forum newbie. Signed up and posted a few for the first time last night after seeing my first, but not last, live JB show in OKC and like many others have said....Blown Away!! And much to my surprise the first reply I got to one of my posts was from the man himself, blown away again. 
Have known of Joe for many years and have been a fan of blues for a long time. Got turned on a long time ago via You Tube videos and have been listening ever since.  Someone asked if I play and my response.....only in my dreams. Always wanted to just have not pulled the trigger, however had a friend loan me an old Fender and a practice amp to play around with so maybe one day I can figure it out. It's all confusing as hell to me, and how fingers can work that fast I have no idea.