Topic: Tom Petty Highway Companion

I just bought TP's new solo album (expensive! sad ), and have to talk about it a bit smile
I've waited for a new album since the last one was out, for my brother was faster than I was, and bought it first. Highway Companion is very typical for Tom Petty I think - and good for my self-confidence, as it's always easy to figure out how to play the songs; I already have half of them.
Does someone have it too? I love Campbell's sound.
Is it true that TP wants to stop touring? I've been waiting for years for his next europe tour. At least I will see Joe soon, that makes up for everything!!

Peace and Love!

Re: Tom Petty Highway Companion

I've never had anything against Tom Petty, but never felt compelled to buy any of his stuff.
I may pick this one up for my wife...she like TP a lot.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

3 (edited by Burning Hell 2006-07-23 15:48:14)

Re: Tom Petty Highway Companion

I too, have listened to the record this week, and I must say it is pretty solid stuff. I like it alot. I don't really care for  some of the slower tracks on this one specifically "Turn this car around." I love the radio single "saving grace, Flirting with time, down south, square one, and, night driver to name a few. I am a Tom Petty fan, so I was eagerly awaiting this album. A few friends of mine and I will be seeing Tom when he hits the Smirnoff center in two weeks. I can't wait. I have a dvd of a live show of his, and though his live show maybe compiled of hits for the most part, it seems he puts on a good solid performance and just straight up rocks. Mike Campell, and Scott Thurston are Amazing musicians. Scott plays multiple instruments in some songs.