Re: New Forum

jim m wrote:

Nick since you asked. I love the forum by the way. But maybe get a little more inventive on the member catagories.

Instead of New Member. Board BonaVirgin. for the First time Poster
Instead of Member. Board BonaNovice. 2 thru 20 posts
Board Bonacrazy 20 to 40 posts
Board Bonastalker 40 to 100 posts
Board Elitist 100 plus posts
Chairman of the Board Joe B himself.

You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

jim m

Yikes...I don't know that I can sign on with you on that one Mr Jim! I think I like the small degree of formality the current categoies offer?

Lets have some fun.....

PC   lol

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

I think it's pretty cool...but I'm not sure the "new posts" thing is working for me, as it's still showing new posts after I've already read a thread.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, wouldn't suprise me, but it's a bit frustrating.

Carl

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

It does the same thing for me. It doesn't update. So at least you're not alone.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

The scrolling thing is due to the fact that the site is constructed with frames (to accommodate the header). Frames are so,.. 1998
...   It really is annoying when the pages get long.. having to manage 2 scroll bars.

other than that I really like the new format... a  lot!!! I'll gladly suck up the scrolling thing.

db

Ok maybe I was kidding about the Forum Elitist anyway. Actually just trying to be funny.
What does everybody think about it? Jane what besides Stalker?

Stu Craig wrote:
jim m wrote:

Nick since you asked. I love the forum by the way. But maybe get a little more inventive on the member catagories.

Instead of New Member. Board BonaVirgin. for the First time Poster
Instead of Member. Board BonaNovice. 2 thru 20 posts
Board Bonacrazy 20 to 40 posts
Board Bonastalker 40 to 100 posts
Board Elitist 100 plus posts
Chairman of the Board Joe B himself.

You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

jim m

Yikes...I don't know that I can sign on with you on that one Mr Jim! I think I like the small degree of formality the current categoies offer?

OK...so I've been navigating the new look forum for a period of time and I have to give an overall "thumbs up". I like a lot of the new things here (i was always curious about how many people posted vs. just viewing, which I do occassionally when I'm feeling lazy).
I know there were complaints about the old "running threads", but i actually liked that format. I am getting used to the new index of topics and can see where it's easier in many ways.
Anyway, nice job to all involved with the changes.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Deezer wrote:

It does the same thing for me. It doesn't update. So at least you're not alone.

I noticed the same thing, but it fixes itself the next time I visit......so I guess it just doesn't show whats been read during the same visit. Not a big deal at all. There are so many other features it far outweighs any potential negatives.

I would like to see it actively moderated; I know its a lot to ask but I'm sure admin has some folks that would do it. I'm a member of some other boards that actually read and monitor all posts and move them to the appropriate categories as necessary, they also provide some posting guidelines etc.

I love it. cool

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

doren wrote:

The scrolling thing is due to the fact that the site is constructed with frames (to accommodate the header). Frames are so,.. 1998
...   It really is annoying when the pages get long.. having to manage 2 scroll bars.

other than that I really like the new format... a  lot!!! I'll gladly suck up the scrolling thing.

db

I agree. They could have worked the header into the skin. wink

The biggest thing that I like is that if there is a hot topic it will stay at the top of the board instead of falling down to the bottom eventually as different topics are posted.

Jane,
I've noticed some images that people have put in their posts have not displayed on my computer. I didn't know if it was my computer or if they were purposely blocked.

yes, the images were purposely blocked because i'm currently working on a script whereas images have to be viewed first before submission, this was based on what was suggested by Jane in the earlier  post, i have also taken the header off completely to delete the whole double scrolling issue, (trying to integrate the header within the board),
Just trying to make the forum better suitable for everyone ....

Jane H.  Thanks for the tip, good one to keep in mind.  We would like to believe we are all friends but it only takes one....   BTW what happened to Bad Penny?

Music is good for the Soul...

Thanks Nick. It's definitely better now. I think I'm gonna enjoy this forum immensely.

Yes, thanks, Nick! That double scrolling was driving me crazy smile

Picture Jake Blues in the "New" Bluesmobile, going "NO, I don't like it..." Now you guys be Elwood & see if you can get me to go "It's got a lot of pickup",..."fix the______"

Oh well
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Like I said, if there is a really popular topic that is still getting a lot of posts on it when it gets to the bottom, that sucks. You have to dig to find it. Here, that is not the case. The most popular stay at the topic. That is a good thing. I hated the old board.

this new board is awesome. smile