Re: New Forum

Thanks, John. I was just going through withdrawal but I am liking this forum better cause it shows the new posts as a link you can click on. Also, on the old forum, when someone had a url of photos they had, when I copy and pasted the url, I had to go through the forum again to see what new posts came up before I closed the site, otherwise I would've missed them.

Glad to see this change. I know a lot of people didn't want this.

Dang, lose internet access for a few days and its a whole new deal! where do I start???
How do I love Bonamassa music, let me post the ways.
stay tuned
Bad Penny

"until you find another way"-Joe Bonamassa

Nice forum Nick. Hope for the best with it! smile

Maybe it's because I'm an old guy, but I find the new forum not as easy to navigate.

Hang in there - it'll get easier. There a lots of features on this new board that you will come to love; like the fact that when you check in it lets you know if there are new posts and where they are - you don't have to re-read to catch up. I think once you get used to it you'll really like it. big_smile

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Hey everybody, like the new forum. Good job Nick.

thanks alots,  glad to know that everybody likes it ,
kinda curious though........is there anything about the forum that is not liked ?

i am having a small scrolling issue, not enough to complain about but since you asked, i have my window scroll bar and then the forum scroll bar , not in this screen i am typing in, but when looking at the page of threads, i am thinking it may be necessary due to reasons i am not aware of but its sort of buggin me because I am having to use both at times. anyway like i said I only mention it because you asked, overall i like this alot.
Thanks

Well, I like everything! - though, is there a way to change my username into Luise? I'm not sure what Lui means in german, but I was told it's something unpleasant... sad

Peace and Love!

Admin,  Just getting the hang of the new forum. There are a couple of little things but not worth noting.   Thanks for asking.

Music is good for the Soul...

Yeah, same here, the scrolling issue but like BP said, that's minor. The problem I have is when I visit the forum after awhile, I click on new posts and I read the first one and then I want to go to the next new topic. Is it best to hit the back button? I also have trouble remembering which post is the next one I haven't looked at yet. I got a lotta problems big_smile One thing I like alot is this forum accepts clickable links.

I think that the square next to a topic shows if there has been a new post since you visited? like its blue if there has and grey if not?

Finally, you have to register to use the board.

All those posts I did as "Joe Bonamassa" had you all fooled!

- Appleton Steve

Admin, I'm making the transition and I know I'm in the minority, but there are a few small issues for me.  As Jane said, I occasionally have some scrolling issues, but no big deal.  By the way, I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and so (assuming I'm not the only one) you might want to keep this in mind as I am aware that some websites are optimized for IE and not for Firefox.  As far as ease of use I like how the topics and threads are in Bold type and moved to the top of the forum if there are new posts or threads.  A small suggestion would be somehow highlighting with bold type or something within the thread and creating an automatic "jump" to the first post within a thread which is new to the individual reader, rather than having to hunt through and reread several posts (or check the time stamps) to find the new ones, and/or remember what page and what post was the last you read.  This is one area in which the old format was easier for me and you didn't really have to think about anything to navigate it. 

Aside from that, my only displeasure would be that with all of the different threads and forums, it seems a little fragmented to me.  So keeping the number of forums rather limited and having primarily one "catchall" forum would be something I would prefer personally even though I realize that most probably feel otherwise.  The fact that I could unthinkingly proceed on the old forum in a linear fashion and make sure I saw all of the new posts was a strength to me.  I'm sure this is probably just my problem as an old non-techie fuddy duddy, but any optimizations that you could make gradually over time to make it mindlessly simpler to use and navigate would increase my enjoyment of the new forum.  Sorry for writing a book, but there it is.

New forum gets a rave from me. This is much better.

Nick since you asked. I love the forum by the way. But maybe get a little more inventive on the member catagories.

Instead of New Member. Board BonaVirgin. for the First time Poster
Instead of Member. Board BonaNovice. 2 thru 20 posts
Board Bonacrazy 20 to 40 posts
Board Bonastalker 40 to 100 posts
Board Elitist 100 plus posts
Chairman of the Board Joe B himself.

You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

jim m

And then once you reach a certain # of posts, you can name yourself whatever.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends