55 (edited by darrflo 2008-02-12 15:45:22)

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

popa....Thanks for clearing the air on this matter.Your name was mud there for awhile....Darrin

Tell me about the car i saw parked outside your door ? Tell me what you left me waiting two or three hours for ? Tell me why when the phone rings, baby, your up and across the floor ? Please dont keep me wondering no more.....

56 (edited by bigjeffjones 2008-02-12 15:48:04)

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

susan wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Already got a reply..."How could I possibly be referring to Joey? They say Interpretation is to the listener. I remain a humble guitar player paying my dues. Hope to see you at a show, Chubby"  Not sure that clears it up, but it shows the humor!       Cathy

Interpretation?  Hmmmm.....  Oh well, Whatever...   Now that he knows people are listening, maybe he'll choose his words a little more carefully next time.

Susan roll

Agreed, Susan...Joey?  Maybe it's just the way I roll, but once in a while I'll say something that sounds all wrong at best or really small & stupid at worst, and I'll eat it in public.  Something to the effect of "Yes that's what I said, but not what I meant." or "that came out wrong, lemme splain..."  Like when I call Ms.Tia the wrong name...tanesha, teresa, tawana, tetona, tanya, tatiana...ow, quit, stop, ow, Roy help.  No never mind you'll help bury me.  lol  I'm cooked, now!

i'mdone
Jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

bloozin wrote:

Sorry for all the trouble !!!
The story is true , and I just want to find out Why ?
First , some asked about me , and to introduce myself .
I'm a big blues fan . Been to about 800 shows or more-(not all blues)-even flown over to europe for a Walter Trout show . Saw JB 2 times Tucson -West Palm Beach .
First intro to JB was  the Rockplast video , then couldn't get enuff !
I liked Popa a lot more before this show . The song IPOYG is to say the least a pretty bold comment from Popa , and I'm curious what could have sparked this .
It kind of hard now wanting to listen to his cd's  , but I'll get over it . Got a lot of his CDs ,and even had bought 1 to the show for him to sign . Popa's work on his Hendrix Tribute is fantasic , but how could someone so into Hendrix trash someone like that . Gotta make you think whats that all about .
Thanks , Bloozin

So are you a writer?  Who are you, really?

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

58

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Never heard of you big_smile

popachubby wrote:

Hey Guys!
Sorry to burst your bubble.
My song is not about Joe though we do have a friendly rivalry!

Thanks for the insults it just means my name is on your tounge and if you want to check out some cool stuff buy my new CD "Deliveries After Dark"

Popa

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

popachubby wrote:

Hey Guys!
Sorry to burst your bubble.
My song is not about Joe though we do have a friendly rivalry!

Thanks for the insults it just means my name is on your tounge and if you want to check out some cool stuff buy my new CD "Deliveries After Dark"

Popa

hey popa.  if that is really you, love your work, guitar playing, originality and attitude.  rock on and keep it coming bro.  oh and please come to the midwest.  have a good one.

ps ill check out that new cd right quick though now i only have good the bad and the chubby and stealing the devils guitar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

gsj wrote:

Never heard of you big_smile

popachubby wrote:

Hey Guys!
Sorry to burst your bubble.
My song is not about Joe though we do have a friendly rivalry!

Thanks for the insults it just means my name is on your tounge and if you want to check out some cool stuff buy my new CD "Deliveries After Dark"

Popa

Ever heard of me?  Another Geoff zing.  Pistols at dawn?   hahahahahahaha bongs at sundown? pints?

burstmybubble
breakmyheart
stirmygrits damyankeesdontknownuthinboutthat   jeffheretoo
slightlymanic

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

61

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Bongs at sundown??? Pints at dawn???? Now you're talking big_smile

bigjeffjones wrote:
gsj wrote:

Never heard of you big_smile

popachubby wrote:

Hey Guys!
Sorry to burst your bubble.
My song is not about Joe though we do have a friendly rivalry!

Thanks for the insults it just means my name is on your tounge and if you want to check out some cool stuff buy my new CD "Deliveries After Dark"

Popa

Ever heard of me?  Another Geoff zing.  Pistols at dawn?   hahahahahahaha bongs at sundown? pints?

burstmybubble
breakmyheart
stirmygrits damyankeesdontknownuthinboutthat   jeffheretoo
slightlymanic

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

62 (edited by Angela 2008-02-12 17:20:32)

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Eva,  I've had this conversation a few times with different people and I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong answer...What do fans think...Is it considered rude to wear another artists shirt to a concert?    I wore my Blues Deluxe shirt to the 10 Days Out concert and someone had an extra pass and I went back stage and had my photo taken sandwiched between Kenny and Noah.  I'll have you know, that at the time of the show, my 16 year old son gave me a lecture going out the door telling me that I was rude to wear my Joe shirt there, since he feels its just in poor taste and especially wrong since he feels they are competition to each other...can you imagine that?? big_smile  There was no way I was changing my shirt on the order of a 16 year old! lol In all honesty, I love Kenny and wasn't trying to be disrespectful and didn't own any of his shirts at the time and purchased the last shirt they had for sale at the show, (the baby doll yellow) with dirt marks and everything.

Anyway, there has been a few funny posts on here lately...Has anyone ever wondered how much productivity employers around the world are losing because of the JOE BONAMASSA FORUM???  smile smile smile

eva wrote:
Stu Craig wrote:

If I read this review correctly, and was to speculate, Popa may have quipped this song was about JB because he knew he was talking to a JB fan. Had bloozin been wearing an Anthony Gomes T-shirt, Popa may have said it was about Anthony....just a thought?

I thought of something like this, too. As I said before - Popa often does these kinds of things, like insulting people but making clear in the same second that it´s a joke. I think I really wore a JB shirt at one of his concerts (always Street Teaming, you know wink) and had him sign a CD for me. I can tell ya, he looked angry ....... probably not the best idea to wear a JB shirt at one of his concerts.

Bloozin, it would be good if you told us some more details (if there are more) ... did he say that to you in personal or did he say it on the stage?!
I still can´t believe it.... (that doesn´t mean that I don´t believe you, Bloozin!)

Eva

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Re: Popa Chubby's " I'll p*ss on your grave " is about JB !!!

Angela wrote:

Anyway, there has been a few funny posts on here lately...Has anyone ever wondered how much productivity employers around the world are losing because of the JOE BONAMASSA FORUM???  smile smile smile

That's a good question lol

Anyhow, probably enough written on this subject. Can't see it becoming any more than it already is. Nice of popachubby to post and "clear" the air.

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4921

Let's move on.

Have a great day!


PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon