1 (edited by photogal 2006-07-17 01:32:22)

Topic: Review of KC show 7-16-06

Wow was it hot here today!

I got to go see Joe in KC (5 hour drive for me from St. Louis) for my b-day. As my birthdays usually go, this one started off pretty rough. Checked into the hotel, thought they had a pool. Well, we wound up with reservations at the "other" location - no pool. Went to leave earlier today to get to the concert location and noticed that someone ran into our car in the parking lot. Made a police report and drove around the lot, looking to see if anyone had yellow paint on their car where they shouldn't have any. Turns out it was the hotel's shuttle van that did it! At least we won't have to pay for the damage.

On with the show!

The show started late due to the heat. But it was worth the wait. Joe, and the band - if you read this, thanks for putting on an awesome show despite the heat.

As soon as Joe started warming up, everyone was at the stage, and stayed there while he changed into his stage clothes and then through the end of the concert. I couldn't tell you half the songs he played, I was in a trance as I watched Joe play and took pictures. I filled up a card in my digital camera and had to keep deleting ones that were similar to make room for more. (So I have @ 185 photos to try and get posted!) He did play Bridge to Better Days, and Asking Around for you was the encore. Less then 2 minutes into the first song it looked like someone had dumped a bucket of water over Joe. The heat index was well over 100 degrees.

My son went with me and stood in front of the stage the whole time. He was fascinated wtih Bogie, and really got into the music. This was his very first concert (he is 12). After the concert we asked Bogie if he would pose for a picture with my son. He was so nice! He told my son to come up on stage (they were taking down the equipment) and had him sit at his drum set and took his picture with him there! Then he signed his poster.

After Joe came out he posed for a picture with me and my son and then signed our posters!

Joe, everyone working with you was so nice, the guy selling the merchandise gave my son guitar pics, was super nice (I bought a bunch of stuff), along with the guy setting up your guitars. Kudos to all, it takes a great crew to back a great band, and I know they don't get the attention that everyone else gets.

I just got back to the hotel, my photos are downloaded, now I just need to figure out how to get the photos posted!

Take care all,

photogal

So it turned out to be an awesome b-day!

Here is the link to the photos (all of them! 10 pages worth) Have photos of all the guitars he used. No post editing done yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52152210@N00/

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: Review of KC show 7-16-06

Glad your birthday ended better than it started.

I love that your son got to experience such a great show as his first concert. Getting the kids interested in GOOD music isn't so difficult when you start out on such excellent footing.

My son and I spent Saturday up in the super ultra hot mountains watching band after band totally smoke onstage. We gave up trying to figure out how hot it was. We just figured it was hotter than we wanted it to be and left it at that. When the skies opened and decided to cool us off a bit, we weren't alone in dancing in the rain.

Again, glad you had a good ending to your birthday. Happy belated!

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Photogal,

First of all, happy belated birthday!  Second, I'm so glad that your son got to meet Bogey, he is great!  And I'd also like to thank you for saying such nice things about the crew.  You're so correct, we tend to applaud the band, and forget the guys behind them.  The enture crew does a fantastic job, Joe is always on the road, which means that they are also.  Can't wait to see your pictures and glad you had a wonderful birthday overall.

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

Joanie and Barry

Thanks for the b-wishes !

Photogal

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Photogal, it's a great pleasure to have you on board!

Hey, while I'm thinking of it, we need to do a headcount on who has kids into Joe. Sounds like I need to start a new thread.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Glad to be a part of all of this. I hope to be able to get to more shows if he is near St. Louis and get more photos.

Rhonda

Happy belated birthday.  What a way to spend it, huh?  At a Joe show.

Celebrated mine at the last Vegas run with Joanie!! wink

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX