Re: "Live From Nowhere in Particular"

Great news Joe, nothing like having an official "Live" recording to showcase what we all know. The bootlegs are good to hear when we are jonesin' between shows, this will kick some serious butt i'm sure. Thanks for the update !!!! Larry G

bogie wrote:

Hey Guys,
I have to tell you. Joe and I talked about it during the tour and he said we may have to cut the solo for the recording. I was fine with it and still am for many of the same reasons some of you mentioned, but overall if it comes down to a drum solo or another song, there's really no dilemma. People come to see the songs of Joe Bonamassa, not the solo of yours truly. I have no problem or dillusion about this. I hope all is well with everyone and that we see you soon. We begin rehearsing tomorrow for the new tour and I'm very excited to play with the guys again. By the way, the live cd tracks that I've heard are pretty smokin, way better than any bootleg could possibly be, unless it was mixed by Kevin Shirley. With that I bid you good night and see you out there somewhere.

Bogie

Thank you for the lesson in humility.  I regret some of the bridges I've burnt.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bogie wrote:

Hey Guys,
I have to tell you. Joe and I talked about it during the tour and he said we may have to cut the solo for the recording. I was fine with it and still am for many of the same reasons some of you mentioned, but overall if it comes down to a drum solo or another song, there's really no dilemma. People come to see the songs of Joe Bonamassa, not the solo of yours truly. I have no problem or dillusion about this. I hope all is well with everyone and that we see you soon. We begin rehearsing tomorrow for the new tour and I'm very excited to play with the guys again. By the way, the live cd tracks that I've heard are pretty smokin, way better than any bootleg could possibly be, unless it was mixed by Kevin Shirley. With that I bid you good night and see you out there somewhere.

Bogie

Hey Bogie!...your a huge part of the band...if it were me...I'd scratch off song off and let you go wild!!.....I personally love to hear great musicians have solos...and you can beat them skins with the best of em!

Dave

bogie wrote:

Hey Guys,

Bogie

Hi Bogie,

Thanks for responding and thanks for being such a stand up guy. Looking forward to hearing all of you on the new live album and seeing you perform on the tour.

Have fun in India and in Europe.  See you in Jacksonville in May.

Susan  smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Yeah!  Jacksonville in May...whatever the set list is, whether you solo or not...so there.

nonny nonny shoo shoo
Susan bring your tiara, I wanna try it on.
Jeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Go with the double disc!!! There's been a bit of a debate on the topic of whether or not a live disc should be one show, "warts and all", versus a piecemeal of the best versions of songs from throughout a tour.

My vote would be to do a double disc that takes the two best "halves" of sets from tours. I've been to only one Joe show, and he didn't have a break in the middle of the set, as some bands do. If he did, I would want to see the best half-set of a recent tour, then a great half-set from a few years ago that may have contained some live rarities that Joe doesn't do much anymore. You still capture some momentum of a complete show on one disc, but get a little variety.

My honest opinion is that I'd rather not get a double-disc of a complete show that I already saw. I'd like to see a DVD of a show with some stuff I didn't see in the show I attended. I like the variety and in some sense a career retrospective.

Either way, I'm hoping the DVD includes his cover of Just Got Paid. Thanks, Joe. Hope it comes out soon!

much like my boy and Frampton Comes Alive...2 cd is way to go...in the 70s some groups such as Foghat and Trower put out single short live cds...not the same..Nugent got it right with his 2 cd one..Double Live Gonzo......Bonamassa Comes Alive,,can't wait

scottphilly

WHO - RAH!

cool to get the mix of the best.

I'm wearing my bootlegs out anywayz. It's to the point where I can hear a lick and tell you were it was and what year.... I know - its getting bad!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I cannot wait. I always felt Joe is one of the few performers out there who may in fact be better live than in studio (actually both are phenomenal). I hope they include Reconsider Baby on there, that's gotta be my favorite Joe track right now and it smokes and I'd love to get a copy of it live.

Looks like you will have to wait a little while for "nowhere in Particular", it's been put on "hold" indefinately. The RAH gig should be the next live offering - can't wait.

Joe will have to do more than one night if he's planning to market a DVD of the show - I would think (he says agreeing with someone else)

Geoff

Rock on and keep the faith!!

great News Joe what els can i say ......oh yes i burn vor it !!!
give it to me give it to me give it to me wink

Sue wrote:

Looks like you will have to wait a little while for "nowhere in Particular", it's been put on "hold" indefinately. The RAH gig should be the next live offering - can't wait.

...and you heard this where?

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Read this topic:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtop … 95&p=1

However I do note from Joe's comments on "hello its been a while" topic that he is saying they have mixed a version of A New Day Yesterday for the live album - so maybe there is simply a delay on its release.

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk