Re: The gift of Joe will never be forgotten

Hi Bill,

So sorry to hear about your friend.   Losing a loved one is the hardest thing we ever have to go through in life.  I will also say a prayer for your friend's family and for you.

Take care,

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Bill, so sorry for your lose. I am just out of radiation treatment a month ago today. My doctors feel they have my cancer in check, but it will always be on my mind as I worry about it reoccurring. To hear about your friend brings it right to mind, but all I can do is follow my doctors orders and put my faith in them and the higher power. I hope your friend has a spot in the blues section beyond the pearly gates and I'm sure you're always gonna remember him every time you see and listen to Joe.

God Bless,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Bill I take a big sigh and let it out for you.  Then squint a little to clear my eyes and my focus as I type to offer my prayers per your request for your great friends wife and her family.  Then there is one for you I send.  I said it once already today in a different but actually still strikingly similar context, about the "circle" of friends we seem to be inextricably and inexplicably drawn into here.  Mark was a leader in the circle.  He passed his love around before he passed away.  Thanks for passing your love of him around here. So, for the second time I write:
Will the circle be unbroken? No. Never.

Carry On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I'll be happy to send her some Joe CD's if needed.

Amsterhammer wrote:

Life can be such an unmitigated #@$@# sometimes. sad

I posted this a few days ago in the Street Team forum -

Amsterhammer wrote:

...to report unusual successes?

.....I have been chatting on msn with a lady in England, who had not heard of Joe. I sent her some songs and Youtube links, and she's signed up now too! As she also has a large circle of friends, I impressed on her the importance of carrying on the good work!

The lady I referred to here has just been hospitalized with kidney failure. sad

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

gsj wrote:

I'll be happy to send her some Joe CD's if needed.

Amsterhammer wrote:

Life can be such an unmitigated #@$@# sometimes. sad

I posted this a few days ago in the Street Team forum -

Amsterhammer wrote:

...to report unusual successes?

.....I have been chatting on msn with a lady in England, who had not heard of Joe. I sent her some songs and Youtube links, and she's signed up now too! As she also has a large circle of friends, I impressed on her the importance of carrying on the good work!

The lady I referred to here has just been hospitalized with kidney failure. sad

Thanks mate, but I'll be in England next weekend for a football game (you can guess where!) and will be meeting her either in or out of hospital to supply her with CD's and DVD's!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Bill, so sorry for your lose. I am just out of radiation treatment a month ago today. My doctors feel they have my cancer in check, but it will always be on my mind as I worry about it reoccurring. To hear about your friend brings it right to mind, but all I can do is follow my doctors orders and put my faith in them and the higher power. I hope your friend has a spot in the blues section beyond the pearly gates and I'm sure you're always gonna remember him every time you see and listen to Joe.

God Bless,

J Dawg

My heart goes out to you JDawg and I truly hope you are one of the lucky ones who can beat this evil (insert classic American swearword) of a disease. I can't believe how many good people here are affected by it in one way or another. I'm here if you ever need a sympathetic ear.

RIP Iron Man

I am currently on a bit of a high. There is a service/wake for Mark tomorrow.
The reason for my "high" is that my wife and I started discussing the positive effect that Mark had on my/our lives. He has been the proverbial pebble in the lake and the cause of the ever expanding ripples of positive influences. The main thrust of our conversation was how Mark introduced me to Joe's music (although there were many other "non-Joe" related moments in our friendship) and the positive influence that has had on my life over the last 3 years. My wife and I sat and talked for a while we watched the ANDY Live DVD.

If it wasn't for Mark, I might never have discovered Joe. Which means I might never have met Patty or Rhonda or Roy or Michael or Cathy or Gary or Jon or Nancy or Beth or Jaci or Melissa or Lee or...well you get the idea.
But it's also the possibility and hope of meeting the other people that frequent this site: Angela and JDawg and Shred and Rocket and Susan and Amsterhammer and Andre and BigJeff and gsj and starks and Geko and Marianne and the Dude and Barbara and David A and Deezer and NPB and Stu and Phil C and Jim M and Joe Beacon and Fretwork and Pittsburgh Jeff and....all the other great fans that I'd love to be able to put a face with a name.

So today, I was able to write this with a bit of a smile on my face instead of tears in my eyes. Today I was able to rejoice in memories of Mark, and to be thankful for what he shared with me and for past, current and future friendships.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Perfect Bill! You have such a great perspective. You see the light inside the dark. It's always there, sometimes it's just hard for people to see.  Thanks for the follow-up,  Cathy

That is perfect, Bill.
Thanks

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Lovely stuff, Bill. Straight from the heart.

George

RIP Iron Man