Topic: New TX show added

07/28/2006 - Friday 8:00pm  Joe Bonamassa @ The Globe News Center
For the Performing Arts Concerts in Amarillo, Texas

Tell Joe & crew to get the recorders ready, as this is a new venue that has some of the best *acoustics in the nation & Amarillo crowds love the blues.

Keep it real blue

http://www.panhandletickets.com/

* Designed by; Holzman Moss

Re: New TX show added

I was watching CNN & playing guitar & all of a sudden – JOE is staring me in the face on TV smoking out some hot licks – your TV commercials are cool Joe!

I am sure Amarillo is going to give you a HOT welcome - this is WEST TEXAS Blues country & tickets are selling nicely – I look for a sold out show

I am brining my 9yr old son who plays guitar = this will be a DAD/SON thing as I have long been separated from my wife (Reconsider Baby) & I want to pass on the blues in a live setting to him / I feel like this JB show will be a real bonding time for us = as we all know Joe can reach our emotions with his music & the blues is something I want my son to feel….not just understand

Keep it real

What a fantastic idea to share Joe with your son. 
Now, what commercials?? I haven't seen any Joe on TV here yet.

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

The Globe Center in Amarillo are really doing a superb job of promoting Joe's appearance there this Friday. They produced there own commercial and are running it on CNN. Thanks to Irael and Hazballah for providing the audience.

The show came about with a little over 3 weeks to promote and they are doing a wonderful job of making up for lost time. I understand this venue is one of the most unique theatre's in the Soutwest. Only opened in early 2006 and is a state of the art concert hall. Representatives of Bass Hall in Ft. Worth will be in attendace. Bass Hall was the inspiration for the Globe Center. Haven't seen either yet but will be in Amarillo this weekend.

FWIW - Joe will be the first Blues player/band to play this venue =  Joe & crew may not know it - but TGNCenter (our symphony plays there) has been a hard gig to land & so far they have only brought in the best headliners / all the rest of the bands play across the street in the civic center / (I will be in row B with my boy)

Keep it blue

Local newspaper/web artical

Web-posted Sunday, July 23, 2006
Blues guitarist to hit hot licksin concert
jim.crawford@amarillo.com

Joe Bonamassa

Bluesman extraordinaire Joe Bonamassa is bringing his high-energy brand of blues and blues rock to the Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts on Friday.
Blues fans won't want to miss this 29-year-old master guitar whiz when he and his crew roll into town.

how to go

who: Joe Bonamassa

what: Concert

where: Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts

when: 8 p.m. Friday

admission: $28

Born in upstate New York, Bonamassa started playing guitar at the age of 4. By 7 he had graduated to a full-scale model guitar and a year later he was playing the blues like a veteran, his bio information states.

"My father was a guitar dealer and player, so guitars were always around the house and part of my life. They were like chairs or tables, in that they were just as everyday."

It paid off.

At age 12 he was asked to open for B.B. King. Last summer Bonamassa was personally asked by King to open for his landmark 80th Birthday Celebration Tour.

"He's still just the same person I met when I was 12 as he is at 80. He's just a true gentleman in every sense of the word. He's probably my greatest influence as a human being and as a player."

Talk about making it.