Topic: Joe at the Bull Run Restaurant, Shirley MA 07/08/06

Outstanding show by Joe and the boys tonight. Oustanding crowd of 300 who were really into it. They even knew the line in Walk in My Shadow that apparently no other crowd was able to remember (Gonna give you what's in store). Even though Joe was apparently a little under the weather, he didn't show it and kept cranking it out. Some great work. Mark had plenty of solo work too. Great interaction bewteen the crowd and the band, Joe mugging it up a lot. Like I said before, the crowd was really into it. I wa also amazed by the wide ranges of ages that I hadn't noticed before.

Saw him in April at Scullers Jazz Club in Boston. That was a great show, but this one kicked that one's ****!!

They threw in Starship Trooper in the encore after Asking Around for You. No You Upset Me Baby though.

Great show Joe!! you acquired 3 more converts tonight. They were blown away.

Re: Joe at the Bull Run Restaurant, Shirley MA 07/08/06

I agree 110%. What an awesome show. First time seeing you headline, and was extremly impressed. I heard the comment about the NyQuil and applaud you big time for coming through. Loved it.

BTW - Brought a few friends and their wives, and I think you've gained a ton of new fans tonight.

Nyquil and Sudafeds....Joe was smoking at this show....from 1 foot away, I was mesmerized...got lots of pics!!! (which I will share when I beeter figure out haow to navigate around here)  Best part of the evening?  After the encore...Joe went to one side of the crowd then the other and stood on top of the tables with his arms outstretched...the crowd just ate him right up.

Thanks to the great group of new friends I have made because of Joe and his awesome music....Sunshine

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."

How decieving a place can seem.

This place is out in the middle of the state with not really much around. A counrty stix sorta atmosphere where (it seemed) the locals come for entertainment and a great saturday night feast. And there were more people at the door that wanted in.

When I walked into the room and saw the layout - I was sorta taken back. How the heck am I gonna shoot some pics. The tables were just about on stage (as Sunshine sez, I was one foot away- and that's no lie). The people came up to Joe's lower chest level and the place was PACKED.

So taking pics was gonna be second tonight. But that was ok after the first ten minutes.
Joe rocked this place and the crowd went wild with response. You could tell the people that saw Joe before and the new crew,    and let me tell ya - the new crew was learning just fine

I had this young fella about 70-75 come up to me and say - hey buddy you listen to this awesome guitar every night. I had to respond,  "mostly, but at home on the jutebox" - not live. Well that guy was so excited he cut thru the crowd and headed right over to hug Dennis. His smile got bigger every minute he watched Joe.

Now repeat that with hundred new fans. Yea,  I took some pics - but had more fun walking around watching/chatting with the many new fans.

Here are some pics - small stack - but a few I liked and played with.
I'll start with two to show you the set up- then on to playing

http://www.fotopete.com/concerts/bullrun/index.html

Fotopete,

For not having a good vantage point for pics, you did a fabulous job on them...beautiful work...mine came out well also but your special darkening effects are so nice.  Tara seat gave her a totally different angle on things....I offered my chair but she was happy down there...and her pics are great too.

".....cuz you're here, now my heart's UNBROKEN."