Re: If you'll be my Dixie Chicken...

Amsterhammer wrote:

I've been searching high and low for this Rockpallast dvd, so far without success. There are in fact two dvds, one from a 70's concert and one from a 90's concert. I imagine that the one you found for all that money

For a fan story from my friend Jens who compares two Rockpalast shows from Little Feat
please check
http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/concert/feat.html

I have boths shows on DVD. I aleady sent the 1977 Rockpalast DVD for further distribution to Eva from this forum and I'm up to trade the 1995 show as well. If there are more wishes for a special Little Feat show (where one was at) on CD please let me know.

Holger

Amsterhammer wrote:

Sonny Landreth, my biggest 'discovery' during my recent trip to the US, playing with my most loved band from the 70's.

I had the chance to meet'n greet and Sonny Landreth, who sat in with Little Feat at Jazzfest in New Orleans 1999. What a show with my absolute favourite guitarists onstage.

http://sonnylandrethfan.com/sonnypages/holger.html

Holger

About time to bring this wonderful, truly legendary band back to the forum's attention with this clip that I hadn't seen before. There's no date on it but Lowell looks so young - and healthy!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=durjOcJ_Kas

How about Sonny Landreth JOINS the Feat as slide player?? cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Thanks for bringing these posts back!  I too was a big Feat freak in the seventies and bought every lp they made.  In fact, I listened to Red Steamroller this afternoon while driving the backroads in Kentucky.  Waiting On Columbus will always be my favorite of the group.  Stories like the one Amsterhammer wrote about the Rainbow Theater concert is what brings me to this forum.

Amsterhammer wrote:

How about Sonny Landreth JOINS the Feat as slide player?? cool

Well, this is definitely hard to describe with words,
so please check for download (sbd-source) a show from Jazz Fest in New Orleans,
a show that I've attented.
Sonny sat in Little Feat for a few songs, AMAZING!!!

www.archive.org/details/lf1999-04-29.shnf

or go and check from 2006 Sonny and Little Feat at Rams Head, Annapolis:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnVrs4EN9jc

Holger

hosifeat1 wrote:

www.archive.org/details/lf1999-04-29.shnf

or go and check from 2006 Sonny and Little Feat at Rams Head, Annapolis:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnVrs4EN9jc

Holger

Thanks for that archive link Holger, I'm downloading now. It's precisely because I know that Sonny has played with them (I posted this same link in post 17 further up this page!) that I thought it would be magic if he actually 'joined' them for a tour (for example) rather than just sitting in one evening! Verstehst? wink

RIP Iron Man

Thanks, George, for bringing one of our favourites back to attention. I hope that they will come to Europe this year. Due to their web page they´ll be in Jamaica soon - not the worst place for enjoying LF, but a little bit far away.
Holger, maybe you know a bit more about their tour dates this year.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Eva´s Dad wrote:

Holger, maybe you know a bit more about their tour dates this year.
Günter

Hi Günter,

no news about an upcoming EuroTour 09 yet, but we'll never know.
I made a trip to the USofA East Coast around New Years Eve in order to attend some shows, WHAT A BLAST!!!
Check out some pics between late 2008 and early 2009 @
www.featphotos.com

Holger

Hi Holger,

good pics.Let us know about European tour dates as soon you know more.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

I thought it was about time to bring this topic back up since there must be more Feat freaks among the many new posters since this topic was last seen, more than a year ago.

Like Cathy mentioned on page 1, I too thought I'd grow old with this band...and I have, though in a different way than expected. Even today, if someone put a gun to my head and I had to choose only one band as my most favorite of all time, the 70's Feat with Lowell would be it.  wink

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

I thought it was about time to bring this topic back up since there must be more Feat freaks among the many new posters since this topic was last seen, more than a year ago.

Like Cathy mentioned on page 1, I too thought I'd grow old with this band...and I have, though in a different way than expected. Even today, if someone put a gun to my head and I had to choose only one band as my most favorite of all time, the 70's Feat with Lowell would be it.  wink

Hi Amsterhammer,

that's cool and what call a diehard FeatFan!!!!
On another note: We Featfans have a new and very interesting website on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Fe … 609?ref=mf
Check out and Join The Band. More than 14.000 people joined within 2 months.

...and rumour are going round about some Little Feat shows in Europe in Summer 2010!!!

30 (edited by Amsterhammer 2010-03-28 17:04:21)

hosifeat1 wrote:

Hi Amsterhammer,

that's cool and what call a diehard FeatFan!!!!
On another note: We Featfans have a new and very interesting website on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Fe … 609?ref=mf
Check out and Join The Band. More than 14.000 people joined within 2 months.

...and rumour are going round about some Little Feat shows in Europe in Summer 2010!!!

Hey Holger, what a far out coinkydink that you happen to pass by just as I happen to resurrect this old topic!

I'll be over to FB immediately and great to hear about European shows - what news of Richie's health?

edit - signed on their FB page and sent out around 30 invitations.  tongue

RIP Iron Man

Has anyone listened to Lowell's solo effort, Thanks I'll Eat It Here?  The album was released shortly before his death and contains more than a few gems.  He re-does Feat's "Two Trains", sings a sweet ballad, "Find a River" and delivers what would be his last great tune, "20 Million Things".

cathysiler wrote:

FEAT! FEAT! FEAT!  Then "Fat Man in a Bathtub"..Memories of this start to the concerts are such a part of my memories from my 20's. I was a young widow with a group of crazy, music loving friends who were all Little Feat fanatics..I can't even tell you how many times I saw them, but I can say I thought they were from the D.C. area because they were around so much! They are still a good band, but if you knew them with Lowell, his absence is too noticable. They are in that rare group who's works can be listened to song 1 to the end. I really like Red Streamliner Blues, Time Loves a Hero...geez...now I'm going to have to pull all the CD's out which means I'll lose them in all the X-mas "stuff" sprawled all over the house.        Jim...Thanks for the DVD info..I'm ordering tonight!                Cathy         Edited to add: the DVD cost from $99 to $155!!! at Amazon..guess that's off the list!

Cathy are you talking about the Rockpalast DVD?  I have it and could send it to you for a couple of months.  If you're going to Lisner to see Joe I could bring then also.  Let me know.  Doug

Awestruck

woofy777 wrote:

Cathy are you talking about the Rockpalast DVD?  I have it and could send it to you for a couple of months.  If you're going to Lisner to see Joe I could bring then also.  Let me know.  Doug

I think one or both of us ought to have this by now, but I can only remember the video and I can't find the dvd here, so yes please, send it on over to Cathy's (she won't be at Lisner - we're going to Wilmington and Harrisburg - but Bob might be - if he is, give it to him please as we'll be seeing him) so we can watch and wallow in nostalgia!  wink

Thanks, Woofy.

RIP Iron Man

You got it!

Awestruck

Thanks to Holger for these European dates in August. August 20 at my 'home' venue around the corner - I'm sure Andre will be there - who else?  tongue

Thursday 12 August    UK, Cropredy, near Oxford, Cropredy Festival                     

Saturday 14 August    UK, Holmfirth, Picturedrome   

Sunday 15 August      SCOTLAND, Edinburgh, Picture House(part of THE EDGE Festival)

Monday 16 August      UK, Bilston, The Robin

Wed   18 August         UK, London    Indigo2     

Thur 19 August           BELGIUM, Antwerp    Rivieranhof

Friday 20 August         HOLLAND, Amsterdam, Paradiso   

Saturday 21 August     TBA                           

Monday 23 August       DENMARK, Aarhus, Train

Tuesday 24 August      DENMARK, Copenhagen, Amager Bio     

Wed 25 August            DENMARK, Odense, Posten

Friday 27 August         GERMANY, Worpswede (near Hamburg), Musichalle

Saturday 28 August     GERMANY, Mainz, Frankfurter Hof     

Sunday 29 August        SWITZERLAND, Zurich, Volkshaus

RIP Iron Man

Curby wrote:

Has anyone listened to Lowell's solo effort, Thanks I'll Eat It Here?  The album was released shortly before his death and contains more than a few gems.  He re-does Feat's "Two Trains", sings a sweet ballad, "Find a River" and delivers what would be his last great tune, "20 Million Things".

had that solo effort at one time, another that disappeared. it is excellent IMHO, just love "can't stand the rainaa, against my window...". Feat is one of my favorites, I play some of the extended version of Waiting For Columbus almost every day, one of the really great live albums of the 70's. Tower of Power horns make this recording all the better. my brother got to see them with Lowell in Tuscaloosa before he died. Traffic opened for them, I managed to miss it somehow?? another concert that got away.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives