Topic: Scottish Rite/ NJ/Oct.21

Really great show last night!!  Highlights songwise were: Another Kind of Love, Sloe Gin, Just Got Paid, So Many Roads--first time I witnessed these live. (I know I'm missing something...) Loved the Zep...showed the ultimate respect to Jimmy Page by playing so damn well!!

First time I saw Rick and Carmine-
Absolutely LOVE the addition of Rick on keys, really fantastic and thanks for Another Kind of Love!!! Carmine is a pleasure to watch and listen to...he gets in a cool groove. 

Bogie, you are a phenomenal drummer...awesome drum solo and the perfect length of time to hold everyone captive & show your stuff. smile

Joe-You have to know how I feel about your talent by now, so I won't be repetitive!  lol

Acoustic songs were great-enjoyed Miss You, Hate You and all that fancy, smancy stuff happening during acoustic soloing.

Joe said he last played the Scottish Rite in 2002 with Gregg Allman who wasn't getting much support (can you imagine that) and only 100 people showed up. It holds just over 1000.  Very cool venue!

Crosby was very good...he looks like his dad, I was a big fan back in the 70's...have to dig out the vinyl and give it a spin. The name of the second warm-up act escapes me,  sorry about that, very good...had to bolt at the end of the show, would like to buy both CD's.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Re: Scottish Rite/ NJ/Oct.21

Angela:  If it's the same support act that was at Rockville, it would be Todd Wolfe & band.  Todd's a 30/40-something guy with dirty blonde hair, primarily played a beautiful cherry-red SG or SG clone with awesome woodgrain.  He used to play in Sheryl Crow's road band, I believe, he's from the Allentown/Bethlehem area.  Power-trio with a bass player who looked Native American?  Just a guess, I chatted with him after the show on Friday and he said he was doing a few dates with Joe.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

3 (edited by B-More Bonamaniac 2007-10-22 23:31:04)

Yup, the Dr. is right.  It was in fact Todd Wolfe.  He did Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with Sunday being his best performance in my opinion.  Loved a song called Silver Blue...  He has a few more gigs with Joe.

-Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Todd Wolfe opened for Dickie Betts a few years ago in Towson. I have a cd somewhere. I'll look for it and let you know Angela.....Cathy

It was Todd Wolfe, I couldn't remember his whole name, didn't want to call him the wolf guy...I guess I have issues too Cathy...:lol:

Rob....the MD in CarljMD is for Maryland, not Dr. :-)  We sorta brushed by each other at Harrisburg and I couldn't remember enough of what you looked like to find you in Rockville.....glad you had an adventure.

CarljFromMaryland

Yes, I actually remember you explaining that to another forum member and jokingly calling yourself a doctor, so I tried to make a funny.  If I recall, you are from the Frederick area?  I presume we'll be seeing you in Baltimore?

-Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Well, I'm actually from Montgomery County, but transplanted to Thurmont 6 yrs ago....work in Frederick.  Pretty sure you'll see me at Ram's Head, though I love the club, I don't like the sound there....vocals seem to get lost.  Sorry I missed your joke....I'm just used to explaining it, my old SN was MDRockman62....so it goes way back.

CarljMD

Hey Doc:

What about your other handle on PT's Board?

I think it is Purplehaze62.

Take Care

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

Nice video, Thanks Jane for posting the link...

Music is good for the Soul...

pattydoesluvjoe  smile         thanks..............

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hey Jane...thanks..as usual, always looking out for others! smile

I had to laugh at some of the comments about finding the Scottish Rite, even Joe mentioned it at the show...we got lost...twice stopped for directions and I'd been there once before to see Dave Mason, know how to get to Collingswood and only live 12 miles from the joint!!  My hubby drove last time, so I didn't pay attention, he had to take his mom to the hospital, so he didn't come this time and had my car with the GPS...I drove, Tina was my co-pilot with the mapquest directions.  We thought they were a little strange, but when you entered the address, it comes up as West Collingswood, not Collingswood, so we went against our better judgment and tried to follow them.

Actually, one of my major weaknesses is... I am Geographically Impaired.  I could blame it on maybe a poor foundation in Geography in elementary school or its just instinct to some people.  Like my dad, he loves maps, has great sense of direction and can stand on anyones front doorstep and tell them which way their house faces.  He did not want me to buy my house based on the way the sun hit it, he wanted me to buy across the street. Years ago, my husband almost signed me up for a map reading class in adult school at our high school. lol  Our biggest fights have been in the front seat of the car, me as the co-pilot, if he needs map assistant in a bind, I rarely come through...all those little lines...I get so disoriented!!!  We fit all those jokes about guys who won't stop for directions and for spite, he won't let me drive and him be the co-pilot...he wants to rub it on, especially since its my only weakness!! lol lol lol  I am capable of reading a map, just don't like them and it takes me a little bit to turn it the right way and figure it out.  I prefer verbal directions, left on Guitar Blvd., go 2 miles, right on Bonamassa Way...etc. etc.

This is why....CAN'T FIND MY WAY HOME is my absolute favorite Blind Faith song!!!