Topic: St George Theatre Staten Island NY

Another great show again by the unwavering Joe Bonamassa and band. Fresh from their European gigs these guys as always deliver 150% and rocked the house to the point of blowing the power these guys are hot!!

Opening song was my personal favorite Bridges to better Days. The guitar rifts are awesome and that song should be the next national anthem!! Walk in my shadows, Roads and Mountain were incredible too.

During Mountain even the buddah on stage was smokin heavily jamming along to this incredible song. Sloe Gin which seems to be everyones favorite sounded great. This theatre was really beautiful but old and some of the accoustics sounded different to previous shows, however Joe's vocals on sloe gin werr sultry and blue and the deliverance of the song was superb. A personal thanks to Rick the keyboard player for his amazing sound  on this song which transports all of us older teenagers back to the sixties and the good old days! Thanks for the memories Rick!

The set continued with Heartache and Nickels a beautiful song, great lyrics, High Water and Woke up dreaming. Mountain and Woke up dreaming are great songs in the sense the guitar is at the forefront and the other instruments play softly behind but this effect is still amazing.

Carmine's bass runs were superb on all the song he is such a powerhouse.

Bogie performed his usual outstanding drum solo, it was during the solo that the power went obviously he impressed the higher powers to be! but luckily the power resumed  so the band could finish the set.

The encore Ball Peen Hammer which had a new accounstic arrangement sounded great too..

As always every show  leaves you with the feeling that this was the best 90 minutes you could ever spend with a band. This sentiment was echoed by the audience who I must say
loved every minute of the show too.

On to Collingswood NJ tonight.

Karen.

Re: St George Theatre Staten Island NY

i was at the show and  it sucked . the sound system there sucked all you heard was buzzing and hiss from the speakers . there was only about 150 to 200 people there if that . very up tight people i think they thought they where going to the opera or something no cheering or clapping . only a few joe fans out there yelling something here and there but otherwise really no response to the music . i can tell joe wasn't to into the show seemed to be just up there playing the songs trying to get the night over with maybe it was the lack of people there or they lack of the people being into the show or even the sound system but what ever it was the band  wanted out . then the power blows out during the drum solo they never finished up the just got paid > dazed > drums thing and then joe came back out started off with the ball peen hammer acoustic but the power still wasnt fully on so the begining of the song sounded like crap he kinda raced through that song and jumped right into asking around for you also racing through that and that was the show . very little talking from joe and fooling around with the crowd . the theater was very nice but they need a sound system and they need to losen there ties up and take there bra's off and learn to have a good time . the recording i made came out ok i'm sure if joe was able to get to me he would of wanted me to burn the tapes . so hopefully thursday at b.b. kings will make up for the lame show . i  will leave it as  the band having a off night .......joe

There was actually 430  people there last night.  Im sorry the show was my best.  We are all severley Jet lagged especially me.  I ve been slightly under the weather and have been mustering as much as I can to get through this week.  The trip to europe has taken a toll on all of us.  The equipment there was a work in progress.  Its a recently renovated theater and they still need to work on that.  Again sorry.  we are trying our best out here.  Its been challenging this week to stay vertical. 
Joe Bonamassa

One day at a time Joe.Try to get some extra zzzzzzzzzsssssss. Karahig seemed like she enjoyed it.Joe b sad         Any way hope you feel better real soon.
  Jon

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

There was actually 430  people there last night.  Im sorry the show was my best.  We are all severley Jet lagged especially me.  I ve been slightly under the weather and have been mustering as much as I can to get through this week.  The trip to europe has taken a toll on all of us.  The equipment there was a work in progress.  Its a recently renovated theater and they still need to work on that.  Again sorry.  we are trying our best out here.  Its been challenging this week to stay vertical. 
Joe Bonamassa

joe no sweat there everyone has a off night . to me it was more about the place and the sound hopefully they will beable to get a good sound system in there . i know it must of been tuff for you guys with that system and i give you credit you made it sound as good as possable. anyway i will see you at b.b kings i have some cool music to give you so i will be hunting you down .talk to you soon .....joe

No worries.. I actually had fun last night. My voice is a little tired. but I have a good day off tomorrow.  Thank god.  BB is soldout in advance and should rock. We have a few special guest sitting in as well.  Unconfirmed but I think Anton is coming and Jeff Golub.  Joe
Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

No worries.. I actually had fun last night. My voice is a little tired. but I have a good day off tomorrow.  Thank god.  BB is soldout in advance and should rock. We have a few special guest sitting in as well.  Unconfirmed but I think Anton is coming and Jeff Golub.  Joe
Bonamassa

cool looking foward to the bb kings show . your shows there seem to alway rock and i love that the place sells out all the time .  if you want to meet before the show and i can give you some cds i made (i will make a copy of st. george show also so you can give it a listen ) also we can put down some johnny walker blue on me that should make you feel better ............joe

I was there as well.  That was my very first Joe show, and although the sound system wasn't the best, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  So much so, that I'm scouring the area trying to figure out where I'm going to see Joe again...I need more.  wink  Wish I could get to BB Kings but it sounds like I'm too late for that.

Thank you Joe, from a new fan, and feel better. smile

Joebeacon, I was one of the people yelling there lol

If heartaches were nickels
I'd be the richest fool alive

Hi Joebeacon.
Sorry to hear that the show didn't turn out the way you expected it to be.
Hope you can enjoy the next one!

Take your rest Joe(the other JB) and get well soon!

Marianne wrote:

Hi Joebeacon.
Sorry to hear that the show didn't turn out the way you expected it to be.
Hope you can enjoy the next one!

Take your rest Joe(the other JB) and get well soon!

marianne , you don't have to worry about me . i have seen about 50 maybe 60 joe shows and they have all been killer shows . so one show out of the bunch isn't gonna turn me off at all ..i will be seeing hime again on thrusday and then another 3 times in november so no worries here ....joe

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe Bonamassa

Joe, are the teeth still bothering you? I can't imagine how hard it must be when you're always in pain to one degree or another.

I'm just saying.

12 (edited by Geko 2007-10-22 18:44:31)

Hi Joe and all forum frinds  !
i remember of the two days i was at two of Joe`s shows this month
Colongne11.10.2007 ,and Amsterdam12.10.2007 ,...the show at both gigs was Phenomenal ....(Amsterdam was the best i `ve ever seen!!!!) i was only traveling behind and enjoy
the Show ....and after this two days i was so grogy .i have sleep 12 houers through....and i first time understud thats a realy hard job to be an musican !!!......so its more than understandeble ,after a World Tour till Moskau
batteries are empty...so thanks from Europe that you have all given at the Shows!!!!
Geko

Just seen some clips on Youtube from the show.
You rocked Joe, the sound system maybe not oke but you certainly gave what you could.Hope you got your energy back!

joebeacon, enjoy your next shows.Have fun!

BluesMan wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Bonamassa

Joe,

All I can say is rest up young man. HOB/Chicago awaits, and then it's on to planet BluesRock (Milwaukee) at their prestigious Pitman Theatre, to once and for all prove who the Greatest Guitarist/Singer of all Time is (I already know it's YOU!!). Rest assured, Klaatu and Gort will be there, as will the entire crew of the Starship Bonamassa. If you have any further questions, please refer to the Star Document entitled, "Starship Bonamassa, Captain Roy and the UISTAPCO" under the Other Topics section of this Forum.

Peace and \/ (That's my fingers making the Spock "Live Long and Prosper" symbol),

Captain Roy BluesMan UISTAPCO (United Interstellar Space Travel And Party Central Organization)

And joebeacon buddy,

Hey, do you still have those blank CDs that I sent you? Because I would really like a copy of the show at B. B.'s place. Can I send you some ching? (As in Ka-ching?). Or do you need a postage paid envelope? Or can I try to send you my wife again? You know, you've refused delivery 3 times already and she's not really that bad once you get to know her. Just keep all of your knives hidden for the first 6 months or so. Let me know.....

Roy

just send me your addy and i will mail you at a copy . as for the wife i might be little to kinky for her so i will let you keep her lol...joe

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe Bonamassa

Hi Joe!! Hope you are feeling better. I am in nursing school and my personal recommendation is a product called "Airborne". It is sold at walmart or any pharmacy and is just a high dose of vitamins in an alkselzer like tablet. I take it if I think I have been exposed to anything or if I feel rundown. If I feel like I am catching something I use Zycam. It can knock a cold or sore throat out in a couple of days! No kidding!!

I was at the show at ST George's and while there were certainly lots of hiccups and Joe definitely looked exhausted...he was still great. I think that's the thing, even on a 'bad day', you're at such a level that you give a great performance at your worst. Other musicians can only hope to be as talented. Your guitar playing was amazing. You did forget the words to Sloe Gin--after I spent all those listens memorzing them! But heck, the song didn't suffer for it since, it too is such and amazing song and even without words is poweful!

Can't wait to see you at BB Kings.

By the way, anyone have tips on how I can guarantee a table up front without getting there at 6pm? Also I have one extra ticket bringing two friends but having a hard time getting a friend in NYC who can leave work that early....

Photos including cool pics of the taping rigs people were running at this show:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,93177.0.html

Dear Joe,
I hope by the time you read this, you are feeling way better!!! I didn't realize you were not feeling well and just read this topic.  Geez, I feel a little guilty that I was even suggesting that you play in the Hendrix tribute, you definitely need rest!!  If I known you weren't feeling well I would have brought you some of my homemade chicken soup I just had made.  smile  Take care and tear the house down at B.B.'s!!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/