Re: bOHAMACCA storms Moscow!

photogal wrote:

That reminds me, one of my favorite drinks used to be vodka and ruby red Squirt.

~Rhonda

????? ? ????????? ??????????? ????! ? ??????? ? ??????? ??????

Gnev Rasputina wrote:
photogal wrote:

That reminds me, one of my favorite drinks used to be vodka and ruby red Squirt.

~Rhonda

Please explain, oh angry one - what on earth does borscht have to do with enjoyment of vodka? Unless it's simply a means whereby you're able to consume more vodka without falling over? big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Gnev Rasputina wrote:

??? ??????.

Vodka is best with pickles, or pickled mushrooms, or such. You shouldn't mix vodka with juices all the time.

Mike C. wrote:

Vodka is best with pickles, or pickled mushrooms, or such. You shouldn't mix vodka with juices all the time.

Who said anything about "all the time"? big_smile

Sometimes us westerners want something bigger than just a shot glass!

btw, Mike C - my translator produced this from the angry one's text - "Vodka with ????????? to use it is necessary! And a liqueur glass with a good borshch"

*wiggles eyebrows*

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:
Gnev Rasputina wrote:
photogal wrote:

~Rhonda

Please explain, oh angry one - what on earth does borscht have to do with enjoyment of vodka? Unless it's simply a means whereby you're able to consume more vodka without falling over? big_smile

juzst come to Russia and try a real one Borsch! You'll never look at the hamburger after that :^)

"The real Borsch" (TM) you should eat with "pampushka" (bread roll with garlock flavour) and "stopka" (50 ml glass with cold fine-quality vodka). That's really delicious.

The rest of a bottle goes with home-made pickled cucubers, mushrooms and cabbage, herring and salmon is also fine :^)

Amsterhammer wrote:
Mike C. wrote:

Who said anything about "all the time"? big_smile

Sometimes us westerners want something bigger than just a shot glass!

btw, Mike C - my translator produced this from the angry one's text - "Vodka with ????????? to use it is necessary! And a liqueur glass with a good borshch"

*wiggles eyebrows*

solenja and borsch have no exact equvalent in English.

Gnev - you mentioned borscht in the same breath as hamburgers? Is borscht not soup made primarily from beetroot?

I'll try any of the others, but not beetroot. I'm sorry, but I absolutely HATE beetroot.

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

Gnev - you mentioned borscht in the same breath as hamburgers? Is borscht not soup made primarily from beetroot?

I'll try any of the others, but not beetroot. I'm sorry, but I absolutely HATE beetroot.

I'll check what "beetroot" is and will be back with answer

Amsterhammer wrote:

borscht, it's soup.Consists of beets, cabbage, meet & others. Preparing for the original Russian recipe smile

Amsterhammer - well, you can have LOTS of shots, that's the most common way to drink vodka around here, I think. And "???????" means all things pickled: mushrooms, cabbage, cucumbers...

OMG... I thought this was the official Joe Bonamassa forum! tongue

BluesMan wrote:
Bill S wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:

Roy - when you're not in need of a Bloody Mary, can I suggest that you try 'Zubrovka' (also sold as 'Grasovka', at least in Europe) - Polish 'Bison Brand' vodka. Not surprisingly, it's a bottle with a buffalo on the label.

It's got a distinctive flavor, imparted by the strand of buffalo grass in the bottle. Either neat from the freezer, of course, or mixed with freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice.

A drink fit for kings, movie stars and even legendary blues rock guitarists! big_smile

Oh please...not with grapefruit juice! I recently lost a battle with a bottle of Stoly and a container of grapefruit juice. I shall never go down that path again.

Bill,

Two summers ago I was at my buddys daughter's wedding which was held at their home. Wonderful event including "a drinking tent". Unfortunately, they did not have any Bloody Mary mix or even tomato juice where I could have made my own. They talked me into drinking Absolut mixed with Cranberry juice on the rocks. Quite refreshing on a very warm summer's day. Unfortunately, I don't remember much of the wedding. Funny, my lapse in memory started the minute I woke up the next morning. Do you have any ideas why that might be?

Roy

Uuhhhh....fried brain cells??

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

84 (edited by Johnny 2007-10-19 04:52:21)

Bill S wrote:
BluesMan wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Oh please...not with grapefruit juice! I recently lost a battle with a bottle of Stoly and a container of grapefruit juice. I shall never go down that path again.

Bill,

Two summers ago I was at my buddys daughter's wedding which was held at their home. Wonderful event including "a drinking tent". Unfortunately, they did not have any Bloody Mary mix or even tomato juice where I could have made my own. They talked me into drinking Absolut mixed with Cranberry juice on the rocks. Quite refreshing on a very warm summer's day. Unfortunately, I don't remember much of the wedding. Funny, my lapse in memory started the minute I woke up the next morning. Do you have any ideas why that might be?

Roy

Uuhhhh....fried brain cells??

?????????? ????,????????!

"zakuska" it's special russian food for vodka & other alcohol. Such as salted cucumbers, Borsch, different salads, salted mushrooms,smoked sausage & many others

BluesMan wrote:
millhouse wrote:

Thanks for the story Bogie.

Not a lot of Americans will know this but I was actually named after a very famous politician.

millhouse:D:D

Oh no, Not Big Richard I hope! He was a crook!! lol

Roy

No actually my real name is Abraham Lincoln! big_smile:D:D:D:D:D

Abe millhouse

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

ENOUGH

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon