Re: bOHAMACCA storms Moscow!

Mike C. wrote:

Hi all, my name's Mike and I'm from Moscow. This is a kinda funny discussion you've started here, so I thought I could tell you what yesterday's show actually was like.

Well, it was great smile
Joe and the guys played for about two hours, the crowd really was ok (audiences in Russia always give artists a warm welcome, we don't get as much good live music as the US or Europe), although I didn't like the venue - too big and, er, formal for the kind of music Joe plays, I'd prefer a smaller bar or a club smile and the sound was not perfect. I couldn't remember everything cause I was busy shooting away with a camera, but the show started off with "Bridge To Better Days", followed by "So Many Roads" and "Ball Peen Hammer". Joe was smiling and had a good vibe with the audience (whatever that means). The acoustic solo on "Woke Up Dreaming" was a true highlight, SO COOL, everyone was mesmerized with Joe's skills and musicality (no pouty faces, mind you, people clapped along most of the time), next were "High Water Everywhere" and "Django". All in all, it was a very good, solid, high-quality rock and blues performance from the best damn guitar player in the world. We had an encore and people gave the band a standing ovation as they left.

I wish Joe did "Blues Deluxe" and "I Don't Live Anywhere", but hey, it's a miracle he actually found the time to go to Russia amid his US tour.

BIG THANKS to Joe, I hope you've found the time to see Moscow, must have been cold, seems like you brought the year's first snow with you smile Please come back again some day. Cheers,
Mike

Hello Mike, a big thanks for the review, i hope you read this and respond to it. What was the crowd size, did they hoot and holler at any time like all of us do. Do you have any pictures that you might want to share with us on the forum. Did Joe come out after the show for the meet and greet. Sorry, I'm just being nosy, this I find interesting. And last , what do you do for a living in Moscow?

Shred

38 (edited by Johnny 2007-10-15 07:24:30)

Hi Everybody!
I'm from Moscow, Russia. The Russians give Joe most warm wellcome, than anywhere. It's was a great, wonderfull, emotions & magic show!!! We are waited Joe long time. In Russia lives very much Joe's funs.
Thank you Joe, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! We are waiting you see again, you are BEST guitarplayer in a world!!!

From Russia with love to you, Joe!!!

Sorry for my English.

P.S. Later I'll post Joe's foto from Moscow show

Hey Mike and Johnny, thanks for the great updates, your english is very good!  Interesting comment about the venue, that is was too big.  But how many people were there?  Sounds like Russia has warmed up with the best guitar player around...

Music is good for the Soul...

Hey David A. In Moscow tickets was SOLD OUT for a 2 week befor show!!! Sound was like a honey! Joe played on Gibson LP 59' historic with maple top, Fender Srtat Custom, Fender Tele with maple fingerboard, Takamine.. Effects: Vox 847, booster (unknown), TS-808,  Boss DD-3 and that is all!!!! Two Marshall Head throw two cabinets 4*12. Cabinets was turnaround back!!! People loud clapped, screamed of excitement, dancing & sang with JOE!!!! It's was a great!!!!!

BluesMan wrote:

Morning Mike and Johnny,

And a Big Welcome to Joe's Forum!!  It sounds like it was a great show and Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick were well received. Funny, how no matter what is going on in the world or what differences coutries may have, it's music that's the universal translator for everyone. I think you both said it right when you said that Joe is the Greatest Guitarist in the World! We all feel that way too and it makes us all happy that Joe's audience keeps getting bigger and bigger!!

Roy

Good Morning, Bluesman. Joe's audience in Russia is very BIG!!!
I'm a blues guitarplayer & very big fan of Joe:) because he's Greatest!!!

42 (edited by Mike C. 2007-10-15 08:30:40)

Hmm, I guess Johnny is a guitar player... Well I'm just a bass player with a camera, so my pictures didn't turn out that good ;) Hope I'll have smth to share with u when I'm through the editing.

Shredit wrote:

Hello Mike, a big thanks for the review, i hope you read this and respond to it. What was the crowd size, did they hoot and holler at any time like all of us do. Do you have any pictures that you might want to share with us on the forum. Did Joe come out after the show for the meet and greet. Sorry, I'm just being nosy, this I find interesting. And last , what do you do for a living in Moscow?
Shred

Oh yes, people did holler - folk here in Russia are no different than any other audience in the world who can hear and appreciate good music and outstanding talent. BTW, I think I forgot to credit Joe's vocal abilities: he used his raw, gritty blues voice, and more tender vocals in ballads. I actually dug the moment when he stepped aside from the mic so that we could hear his natural voice, and hear we did, altough the venue's not quite small, but that was the moment which made it, uhm, more intimate. I guess the place can house several hundred people, but maybe not a thousand. It was packed.

I guess Joe didn't come out later because the place's regulations are rather formal, I don't think the administration ever thought about this kind of thing. Although it would have been great, for sure.

Shred - since you're asking, I'm a translator/interpreter :)

Johnny wrote:

Hey David A. In Moscow tickets was SOLD OUT for a 2 week befor show!!! Sound was like a honey! Joe played on Gibson LP 59' historic with maple top, Fender Srtat Custom, Fender Tele with maple fingerboard, Takamine.. Effects: Vox 847, booster (unknown), TS-808,  Boss DD-3 and that is all!!!! Two Marshall Head throw two cabinets 4*12. Cabinets was turnaround back!!! People loud clapped, screamed of excitement, dancing & sang with JOE!!!! It's was a great!!!!!

Thats great Johnny, sold out in 2 weeks!

Music is good for the Soul...

How about a setlist?  You know the names or titles of the songs and the order in which they were performed?
Can you get some pictures uploaded, edited or not, quickly, like Sputnik launch those photographs! 

Rocket On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket / Rocket Ramone

Cue The Beatles "Rocky Raccoon" melody for me..."Rocket Ramone, straight to the moon, only to find he's getting sued for libel!"

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I kept thinking about what was going down yesterday. Pretty fantastic! The power of Joe! Sold out , excellent! Thanks to Mike and Johnny for telling us about the show! Stay warm...Cathy

Thanks Cathy and Shred (you're too kind)!

Rocket, I'll get you the photos as soon as I have time. Can't say much more about the setlist, sorry.

Jane H. - My dad gave me a copy of "Blues Deluxe" a couple of years ago. Probably had it recommended to him in one of the local CD stores. He's a huge music lover, and certainly into blues as well. Well, I was really impressed, WAY more powerful and original than most blues records I've heard before. Still like it a lot...

Johnny and Mike,
Thanks for posting your reviews and impressions of Joe. You've come to the right place if you think Joe's the best in the world. Lots of people share that sentiment here.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Rocket wrote:

How about a setlist?  You know the names or titles of the songs and the order in which they were performed?
Can you get some pictures uploaded, edited or not, quickly, like Sputnik launch those photographs! 

Rocket On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket / Rocket Ramone

Cue The Beatles "Rocky Raccoon" melody for me..."Rocket Ramone, straight to the moon, only to find he's getting sued for libel!"

Setlist as I remember:

Bridge to Better Days
Walk In My Shadows
So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
Highwater Everywhere - Acoustic
Reconsider Baby - Acoustic
Woke Up Dreaming - Acoustic
Just Got Paid/Dazed and Confused/Bogie's Drum Solo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ball Peen Hammer
Asking Around For You

Ancient Greek wrote:
Gnev Rasputina wrote:

????????? ?????! ??? ????? ?? 2.5 ????, ?? ?????? ????? ????? ?????????. ???????!

What's the size of russian vodka glasses, Wrath of Rasputin?

classic one is 200ml

Johnny wrote:

People loud clapped, screamed of excitement, dancing & sang with JOE!!!! It's was a great!!!!!

?? ??? ????? ?? ???????

Gnev Rasputina wrote:
Johnny wrote:

People loud clapped, screamed of excitement, dancing & sang with JOE!!!! It's was a great!!!!!

?? ??? ????? ?? ???????

? ??..??!

52 (edited by BoogieWoodoo 2007-10-16 06:29:26)

I think that that some instrumental compositions were too long cose I like first Bonamassas alboms with true bluesrock and don't anderstand some songs on his new albom .. But anyway it was a GREATe GIG!!!!!!!!!

PS
my eanglish is terrible but hope you'll ahderstand smth?)))))))))

Jane H. wrote:

??? ????? hendrix ?? ???????

Do you speak Russian?

I think he use russian google:))))))))))))))
He playd Led Zeppelin SSTrooper:)
And ZZTop....