Re: Aspen Show

Yes, the truth would have been nice instead of being told that we wern't worthy and that the performer was a jerk. Would have made a world of difference and put an entirely different spin on our experience. Now...if I can just find that managers card.....

Joe, you have to get surgery as soon as possible.Been in the same position not to long ago and a wisdom tooth can do a lott of damaged to your other teeth.Out with it!!

Hey Joe,
     I really feel for you  sad  .....been down that road myself.  I can't imagine performing & travelling like you do and dealing with the pain....kudos to you for what you have been doing!!!  I think you can get something at the health food store to rub on your gums to soothe pain and numb, probably has clove oil in it.......maybe more effective than Anbesol.  Annelies is right, don't  wait too long on getting it done.  I wish the best for you and hope all goes fast and smooth for you.....don't forget to rest....rest helps the body heal more quickly.  We all knew there was more to this story.....integrity is one of your many fine qualities.    I'll be thinking of you.   Luv ya' lots                 
                                                                             Patty

P.S.  Consider yourself hugged  wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody,
          I am sorry I only played an hour in Aspen Co.  I have impacted wisdom teeth and was in about as much pain as a human could be in.  I expressed my desire to cancel but then thought that people would be driving up to see the show.  Again I played as long as I could.  In these situations its either damn if you do or damn if you dont. If anybody has experienced a wisdom tooth problem there are good days and really bad days. Sunday was the worst day.  I dont know if it was the altitude (Teluride was bad but not quite debilitaing)  We are trying to schedule SURGERY to get this taken care of(Yikes!!) as so not to have to cancel any shows this fall.   Sometimes I fall short due to a mitigating circumstances.  I hope nobody out there has to go through this..  Its been great for the diet though.
Joe Bonamassa

Joe, Thanks for letting everyone know what happened. I have been living with mine for quite some time. Mainly because I'm a chicken. They say the healing process is worse the older you get. Well I'm too old to heal. Lucky for me I don't sing for a living. There never seems to be a good time for it either.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody,
          I am sorry I only played an hour in Aspen Co.  I have impacted wisdom teeth and was in about as much pain as a human could be in.  I expressed my desire to cancel but then thought that people would be driving up to see the show.  Again I played as long as I could.  In these situations its either damn if you do or damn if you dont. If anybody has experienced a wisdom tooth problem there are good days and really bad days. Sunday was the worst day.  I dont know if it was the altitude (Teluride was bad but not quite debilitaing)  We are trying to schedule SURGERY to get this taken care of(Yikes!!) as so not to have to cancel any shows this fall.   Sometimes I fall short due to a mitigating circumstances.  I hope nobody out there has to go through this..  Its been great for the diet though.
Joe Bonamassa

Good god.  sad  It's amazing you're still out there singing as hard as you do. You're a trooper, that's for sure. Hope the surgery goes well. I've had it and it's not fun.

I'm just saying.

Joe,
Another virtual hug from me.  And some smiley pies smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
I really wish the best for you...get it over with, RELAX, and smile.
It really touches me that you still think about us in your time of turmoil.

Peace and love

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody,
Joe Bonamassa

when you get to new york i will take care of that tooth for you . i have some killer tools and it won't hurt a bit ....................joe

26 (edited by Kat&Jim 2007-09-19 19:56:35)

Not trying to scare you or anything, but make sure you get a good oral surgeon for this.  I don't know if I had a bad one or not, and this was quite some time ago, so the prodecures may have changed, and possibly everyone is different.... but

************************SH*T****************  IT FRICKIN HURT *********. My face was swollen and cheeks bruised with stitches for two weeks.   

I would schedule it during a time when you aren't committed to anything for several weeks to allow for recovery times, if there is ever such a time. 

And--  be sure that it is really a necessary surgery to begin with... well, if it's causing pain, I guess it is.     DUH.... Kathy

Joe, good to hear the rest of the story.
Hoping that you get better soon, like B4 the show in Grants Pass.
We are excited about your show coming up on Friday Night.

Take Care

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

I'm with Jane!!! You are suffering now more than you will post-op! I recommend general vs. local anesthesia. Ask for Diprovan..best stuff out there, no nausea after...Follow the docs orders including rinsing..once it's allowed. You don't need those teeth and they will cause problems in other teeth. You'll get pain pills but don't forget to start on NSAIDs once the risk of bleeding has subsided...Now you see why pregnant women hate to hear other women's delivery horror stories..LOL..Cathy RN

Joe, lemme tell ya, nothing gets easier as you get older.  Get the surgery done and over with.

Lemme also say that we saw you both gigs in Telluride and we thought they were the best shows we've seen of you.  We surely didn't know you were in any pain, so hats off for hiding that from us.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Michele in Dallas

That is a tough thing to go through, impacted wisdom teeth.  Mine were so bad that they had to do in the hospital, I looked like a chipmunk for a week, but the end result was worth.  Hope everything goes well and you can get it done soon!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Jane H. wrote:

Oh geez it doesn't always hurt that bad. this is what they have anesthesia and pain pills and anitibiotics for. Kathy you definitely must have had a bad surgeon, or something!

after I had 4 'cut' out it made room in my head for a few more thoughts and honestly after a little bit of time improved my overall health, especially in the head/sinus/jaw/etc. area.

i had mine done last year.  surgeon told me he had been at it like 20 years and new what he was doing.  i had a lingering paint in my gums after, but nothing that bad, and i was able to eat anything i wanted as soon as i was hungry.  so it was lingering pain for about a week, and the pain wasnt overwhelming, more annoying.  then i have friends who have had dry sockets and said it is the most pain the have ever experienced in their lives

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

Oh, Joe, I am sorry to hear about the impactions; two of mine were like that when I was a lab technician and it sucked quite profoundly; couldn't imagine trying to work through that pain as a vocalist!  The post-surgical interval is not much fun, but fortunately a prescription will help you to sleep through it and you will feel A LOT better with those tiresome little teeth gone for good.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

there's only one remedy for what's ailing you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlWH9uICH-Q

(wait for the chorus...)

Jane:  I guess I was confusing the butcher shop with the surgeon shop. It went down pretty brutal for me for about the first day or two, pain pills and all.        Hopefully, Joe doesn't have it that bad. Maybe they can warn the surgeon, to be extra gentle, get him back to performing ASAP, or the Bonamafia will...., well, just mention the Bonamafia.  Then whisper it into the doc's ear.  "Ya know, doctor, he does have a vowel at the end of his name, if ya know what I mean" -   

*****Here's the situation, Joe needs an operation, bring him a doctor & a nurse.  Give him anesthetics, isn't this pathetic.  Joe, don't use the butcher that I used.  He absolutely, positively, can't sing at altitude.  ******* - (sorry, couldn't resist)

Joe, you can just move across the street from the Pageant, buy the joint, and make it your own music hall.  We've just slightly above sea level. 

Take Care, 
Kathy

P.S.  Jim was at the Sacramento airport about to board his plane back to St. Louis yesterday, was wearing his JB t-shirt and someone saw the shirt, came up to him & made a comment.  He said "The man CAN PLAY" !!!!!!!!!  and Jim said.  "The man CAN  PLAY", they smiled in passing and Jim got on his plane.   

SWEET !!!

Take J Dawgs advice, If they go in to remove one take them all at once it's the best way to do it and be done with it. Save those teeth, they make a snappy lookin' necklace for any occasion. LOL. TTYL.

All At Once!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

That was Labor Day though, not much of a stretch...

spongeworthiest wrote:

interesting....Warren Haynes was SOLD OUT at this venue on Sept 3rd

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”