Re: Surf Ballroom show 9-8-07

Rocket wrote:

I thought the same on the soloing re: Eric Johnson myself daffy...it only last a few bars tho...given that Joe has an amp that (at last note on here by Joe about amps he is enjoying) is in Eric's possession, I'd say it may be that Carol-Ann he was talking about that is actually used on the Black Night recording.  Someone ask him.

Yea.. He obviously doesn't sound like Johnson all the time, but I'd be willing to wager Joe can do a bad-a$$ cover of Cliffs of Dover. Fortunately Joe has a much better voice and stage presence. I was blown away when he did the solo accoustic stuff at the Surf. Quote a versatile player, really. I bet he could do about anything from metal to flamenco to bluegrass if desired...

Re: Surf Ballroom show 9-8-07

DAFFYDRUNK wrote:
Rocket wrote:

I thought the same on the soloing re: Eric Johnson myself daffy...it only last a few bars tho...given that Joe has an amp that (at last note on here by Joe about amps he is enjoying) is in Eric's possession, I'd say it may be that Carol-Ann he was talking about that is actually used on the Black Night recording.  Someone ask him.

Yea.. He obviously doesn't sound like Johnson all the time, but I'd be willing to wager Joe can do a bad-a$$ cover of Cliffs of Dover. Fortunately Joe has a much better voice and stage presence. I was blown away when he did the solo accoustic stuff at the Surf. Quote a versatile player, really. I bet he could do about anything from metal to flamenco to bluegrass if desired...

Cool avatar Daffy...

Music is good for the Soul...