Topic: Rolling Stones

So it was announced recently that Joe will be opening for the Rolling Stones in Seattle. I find that very interesting. I would love to talk to Roy and find out the philosophy behind this. When was the last time Joe opened for anyone? It can't be money, Joe is doing just fine financially. Every date of his last tour was sold out. Curious!

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Re: Rolling Stones

bobkatmsu wrote:

So it was announced recently that Joe will be opening for the Rolling Stones in Seattle. I find that very interesting. I would love to talk to Roy and find out the philosophy behind this. When was the last time Joe opened for anyone? It can't be money, Joe is doing just fine financially. Every date of his last tour was sold out. Curious!

C'mon.... Now matter how you feel about them today as compared to their halcyon days, it's THE ROLLING STONES - who wouldn't open for them given the opportunity?

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Joe plays venues typically 3500-4500 with Red Rock’s being one of the only big ones he does at close to 10,000 seats

Even Swift and Sheeran (many others) surpassed Joe long ago for filling seats.

The Stones will command 30,000 to 100,000 seats and put him in front of a crowd that probably never looked at him

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I doubt it has to do with the money.
1) Yes some  good exposure and free advertising.
2) I would bet Joe is a fan and who wouldnt want to open up for the iconic and legendary band!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Gary Clark Jr is opening for the Stones several concerts before Joe does

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)