Re: Albums to lookout for in 2022

Just squeezed out today - Smith / KotzenBetter Days & Nights.

New "hybrid" album from Smith & Kotzen; contains the 4 song Better Days EP, for the 1st time on CD along with 5 live tracks from their 2022 Transatlantic tour; including Running & Scars.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Thorbjorn Risager & The Black Tornado - Navigation Blues The Scandi-band's 13th album comes out on the 30th Sept and as usual, is a skilful blend of soul, Chicago blues, boogie, and rock'n'roll.

57 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-09-20 14:47:06)

Hopefully before the end of the year, new album imminent from Rebecca Downes - The Space Between Us

edit - 23rd Nov.

58 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-11-11 08:48:34)

Nov 18th - New (double) album from Neil Young & Crazy Horse - World Record

Plus, there's a 50th Anniversary expanded release of Harvest to come on Dec 2nd.

Richard Hawley - Live At Halifax Peace Hall 2021

'Live at Halifax Piece Hall' captures, for the first time, Richard Hawley in concert with his band in full force. Recorded on a beautiful autumn night in September 2021 and in spectacular settings, the album features many Hawley classics as well as songs from his most recent album ‘Further’, augmented by a 4 piece string ensemble.

Shipping date w/c 12th Dec.

Rick Wakeman - A Gallery of the Imagination

New concept release from Mr Grumpy (UK), due in time for Christmas (postal strikes willing).

The initial idea for A Gallery of the Imagination stems from Rick's first piano teacher, Mrs Symes, with whom he studied from the age of five until his time at the Royal College of Music. She taught him that music was like painting pictures: when you play, you are painting pictures through music, an important lesson Rick never forgot.

The line-up on A Gallery Of The Imagination - as with Rick's previous album The Red Planet - features The English Rock Ensemble: bassist Lee Pomeroy, guitarist Dave Colquhoun, drummer Ash Soan and on vocals Hayley Sanderson, famous for her work as a vocalist on Strictly Come Dancing with each artist recording their individual parts in their own studios. Join Rick for a stroll around A Gallery of the Imagination – as he says: "a gallery that belongs to everyone".
Keyboard engineering - Erik Jordan
Mixing & editing - Erik Jordan at The Nursery
Additional mixing - Toby Wood
Mastering - Simon Heyworth at Super Audio Mastering
Producers - Rick Wakeman & Erik Jordan
Executive Producer - Rob Ayling

Curby wrote:

Jamie McLean Band - Paradise Found

After delving into a lot of Southern Rock bands, I've also kept an eye on McLean's music.  This is a nice little album with many flavors from the 70's.  JM will never be confused with Joe on guitar, but he's more than capable picking.  I like his singing and enjoy these songs.  Will be a top 10 album for sure this year.

Here's a duet off another album I have that I like.  I'm a big fan of Marc Broussard and it looks like he and Jamie are enjoying this Steve Stills cover.

https://youtu.be/3kKLQZPpzz4

https://youtu.be/b0WLFLiwt3A

Sorry but there aren't any good videos off the new album yet.

I thought I'd started a thread about Marc Broussard, but this was all I found from me.  I have quite a few of his albums including his previous S.O.S albums for charity.  Recently he released his S.O.S. 4: Blues For Your Soul.  Like the others they're reinterpretations of classic soul/R&B and this one a more bluesy offering.  He enlisted Joe Bonamassa on four songs and the album was produced by Josh Smith.  JJ Grey, Eric Krasno and Roddie Romero also join in.
I have to say this might be Marc's best album and the best I've heard from Joe for a long, long time.
This may be the best blues album of 2023.