1 (edited by Jane H. 2021-11-23 15:38:21)

Topic: Royal Tea nominated for Grammy

Royal Tea nominated for a Grammy in the Contemporary Blues category
https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/202 … tions-list
(The 64th GRAMMY Awards recognize recordings released between Sept. 1, 2020 — Sept. 30, 2021.)
51. Best Contemporary Blues Album
For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental contemporary blues recordings.

Delta Kream
    The Black Keys Featuring Eric Deaton & Kenny Brown

Royal Tea
    Joe Bonamassa

Uncivil War
    Shemekia Copeland

Fire It Up
    Steve Cropper

Christone "Kingfish" Ingram

Re: Royal Tea nominated for Grammy

Delta Dream is excellent, but Joe's album is supreme...guess we'll see

Murfdog

murfdog wrote:

Delta Dream is excellent, but Joe's album is supreme...guess we'll see

Yeah that is a great album.

Kingfish....662 is also very good.

I have not heard the others.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Shemekia Copeland's "Uncivil War" would get my pick, it's a great album. I also really like Delta Kream and Fire It Up.  I've only heard a track or two of 662, but from what I've heard it's good.  Honestly, Royal Tea isn't high on my personal list, but it's great for Joe to get a nomination and if he wins it'll be well-deserved.  Time Clocks is on my top 5 of 2021 for sure.

I doubt Royal Tea will get the prize, but I don't care - It is my favorite Joe's album, meaning that I am listening to it again and again and find it absolutely beautiful. It is the only Joe album where I love every single song and the whole album brings me musical euphoria.

On the other hand Time Clocks is not even in my Top 30. Tastes and perceptions are so different.

6 (edited by ZeyerGTR Yesterday 16:19:10)

I gave Uncivil War another listen today. I do like the album, but it's not as strong as I remember when I listened a couple months ago.  Funny how that works.  That's kind of the way I feel about Royal Tea as well. I liked it at first, but it less the more I listened.  It's been a while, though, I should give it another listen. Keep in mind the Joe albums I like the least are still good albums that I enjoy. smile

I think it's going to be either Delta Kream or 662. Honestly, all of the nominations are worthy.

7 (edited by gary Today 20:58:54)

Its so good to see a JB solo album nominated. The only other one I have really listened to is 662 which I really  like. I did  listen  to Croppers  album once bit it didnt do anything for me.
I will check out the others. I havent listened to the Black Keys for a long time as I guess I them as just  big  label corporate propped up blues or blues rock. But perhaps I should reconsider.
   I would be surprised  if Royal Tea  won.
It would be my choice out of the list.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky