Re: Big announcement tomorrow - (edit) new album Time Clocks !!!

New song  "Time Clocks"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7116ryQV-I

like: melody, lyrics, Joe's singing

don't like: video - for some reason gave me creeps and overall uneasy feeling, background vocals presence and how much was added on to good melody, to the point of almost completely covering it down with decoration.

But out of three songs revealed this one I like the most.

20 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2021-09-29 18:45:49)

New single "Time Clocks" is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7116ryQV-I

I don't know.  When the song kicks in I dig it.  I was kind of iffy for the first part.  The lyrics were a bit awkward in the first few sections, but the vocals are hard to discern. I'm not sure what it is with the mix, maybe just how I'm listening at work.  When the song kicks in, though, it's cool.  One of those that I need to listen to a few times and I'm thinking it'll grow on me. I kind of like that it has a lot of different things mixed together, and the chorus is super epic.

i like it...I really have only listened to each of them a couple times so far...nothing wowed me but nothing made me cringe. It usually does take me a few listens. I liked the beginning twangy lick...and the video. At first yes it was a bit creepy with the guy underwater but at the end it all came together and made sense. Like the memories were keeping him from breathing sort of then he buried them...but didn't toss them. so he wasn't drowning in them , I dunno. Of course while i don't punch an actual time clock I do work a Monday thru Friday 9 to 5 type job and always have so I don't relate to Joe in that way. The vid though reminded me of something a close friend helped me with once when i mentioned i couldn't get certain things off my mind...they told me a therapist had helped them once learn how to take those thoughts and file them in folders in your brain. Like you don't have to get rid of the thoughts completely but if they are preventing you from dealing with the present, file them away and you can pull the file back out if you need it but it gets them out of the conscious. Easier said than done of course
I imagine the vid kind of relates to maybe his relationship with ex girlfriend, I dunno. I hope though he can take the sadness of some of the memories and put that away so he can see when something good comes along next.
But he might have had zippo to do with the vid lol. over all its kind of a sad song, again. Gotta love the Blues! big_smile

this is neat, Caveman posted on his facebook a picture of his notes from the recording of the song.
I think anyone should be able to see it via this link, even if you aren't registered on facebook but i'm not sure.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=41 … 4193226986

22 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2021-09-30 15:17:38)

Jane H. wrote:

this is neat, Caveman posted on his facebook a picture of his notes from the recording of the song.
I think anyone should be able to see it via this link, even if you aren't registered on facebook but i'm not sure.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=41 … 4193226986

That's cool, thanks for sharing!  I'm not on FB but I can see the image.

Album review: JOE BONAMASSA – Time Clocks https://getreadytorock.me.uk/blog/2021/ … me-clocks/

Anyone hear anything about a Target special edition w/ bonus tracks?  Target.com right now just has the basic disc as a preorder.  For whatever reason I get the feeling there won't be a version w/ bonus tracks this time around but I don't have any extra information, just speculation.

ZeyerGTR wrote:

Anyone hear anything about a Target special edition w/ bonus tracks?  Target.com right now just has the basic disc as a preorder.  For whatever reason I get the feeling there won't be a version w/ bonus tracks this time around but I don't have any extra information, just speculation.

I see that someone has asked this question of Target on their website.
The rather evasive answer stated that Royal Tea was a target exclusive but failed to address the actual question asked re Time Clocks.
I know this doesn’t really help but they didn’t actually say they weren’t doing an exclusive, so it might be worth holding on that pre-order.

Lester...

I don't bother pre-ordering.  They might do a bonus edition yet, but just gut feel is that it's something they've done for the last what, 3-4 records, and maybe it's run its course.  We'll see.  I already blocked off some time on the 29th to head to Target just in case, which I did for the last couple records.

I don't pre-order as they don't give a price break to those that do
And I don't need to be the first one on the block to get it either

Pre-order does help place the album in the charts though

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Review 9/10 https://www.instagram.com/p/CVH5rasvUv-/

I received my pre-order today - yay! Only had a quick distracted listen.....very good/. Not sure where i would place it...lots of blues etc...you know I'm always praying for rock....but its def Joe!
I'll be back with fave and hopefully details. First test about to happen in truck - how loud can I get it on my crappy truck system

Wrote a big, many words essay about new album and by pressing a wrong button lost it all. Being a strong believer in signs and "meant to bes",  just like Joe is  - no, not tonight.

well I look forward to hearing what you post about it when you do!

I still haven't had much of a decent listen but it sounds great in the truck....
and the first track Notches really does rock! big_smile

man some of the lyrics...i relate to so much in my own experiences....different than Joe's but the songs give similar feelings I would think...like in Redemption too

the one about Questions and Answers reminded me of a friendship I had that the friend ghosted me ( I think that's what the kids say these days ) and man it wasn't like losing someone you planned to marry or anything like that but someone I was close to and  I trusted etc. and although I have my theories as to why this person chose to leave me hanging in such a way, it still really affected me hard. I mostly wanted answers to my questions because I didn't know what I did so wrong etc. I really just wanted to know so that I wouldn't do it to someone else. i can take criticism (sometimes). The non answers and little bs answer i did get  were almost worse than the situation to begin with. It wasn't because i found out I was a jerk or whatever...it was like no answer and a disingenuous reason. I had tried so hard to make it easy to just say...no strings...no excuses to come...didn't need to make amends if that wasn't an option, I just wanted to KNOW to better myself!. It took a very long time to not give so much a crap about it and it still stings time to time. This song is helpful but also brought up some strong feelings. Like many Joe songs do. Hopefully it helps me finally get past that bs in my head.

Can't wait to spend more time with this album

32 (edited by sally12333 2021-10-27 18:41:00)

reo l wrote:

Wrote a big, many words essay about new album and by pressing a wrong button lost it all. Being a strong believer in signs and "meant to bes",  just like Joe is  - no, not tonight.

I also have learned the hard way, and if you have any expectation that your comment might end up being  a paragraph or longer, I write it in Word, take my good old time, then copy and paste it into the appropriate Forum comment section.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Known Unknowns on list of faves so far. Also Hanging on a Loser big_smile
Joe get out of my head! smile .... not current situation but can relate

Nancy posted on facebook that Bluesville on Sirius xm will be featuring the album starting tomorrow at noon and that Joe will be telling track by track stories.

Blues Rock Review gave it a 9.5/10, https://bluesrockreview.com/2021/10/joe … view.html, but I don't know how much stock I put in that.  Definitely looking forward to hear the full album.  The 3 singles I've heard so far have been a bit hit or miss, but they have grown on me on repeated listening.

36 (edited by ahsmith33 2021-10-29 11:08:55)

I have listened to a good bit of it now and really like most of it. I think my son said it best on Time Clocks, "a very strange song for Joe". I really like it, immediately reminds me of a Meat Loaf song or two. That can't be a bad thing. My favs so far are The Loyal Kind and Known Unknowns, will endeavor to listen to more of it asap

Mind's Eye is really good as well. Of all the other songs this might be the best guitar solo. How does he get that tone ? Insane

I remember pi R Squared in math class ............. wait, I know for sure Junior Sample told Grandpa "Pie are round, Cornbread are square"